1.    #1  
    If I understand this correctly, MEdiaNet gives me the same access as PDA Connect, minus the non-NAT assigned address? You still get EDGE speeds when available (by this I understand approx. 105Kbps) and games and downloads and such?

yes.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  3.    #3  
    Danke. I hope to join you soon on the Cingular network, waiting til June 4th!

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    Danke. I hope to join you soon on the Cingular network, waiting til June 4th!
    u wont be dissapointed
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    has cingular data been weird for people lately? i'm in SF and i used to get edge speeds just fine. 105-120+ all the time. lately it's been slower. and today i'm seeing a constant 60kbps or even less. has anything changed? or are they experiencing difficulties? i'm on the medianet unlimited plan.
  6.    #6  
    Possibly GPRS kicking in?

7.    #7  
    When I actually talk to the CS reps, I'm getting mixed responses, one said yes you can use MediaNet on the 650 and the next two say no. I've read somewhere you guys use a different number than the one listed on the site where the reps are a little better and more curteous or whatnot. Did you use that when you called in to get it? What's the deal here. Is it possible or no?

When I actually talk to the CS reps, I'm getting mixed responses, one said yes you can use MediaNet on the 650 and the next two say no. I've read somewhere you guys use a different number than the one listed on the site where the reps are a little better and more curteous or whatnot. Did you use that when you called in to get it? What's the deal here. Is it possible or no?

you can in fact use medianet and get the same exact service, but Cingular feels the need to charge PDA users more for data even tho its the same exact data. jus call and make no mention of what phone you own and add the medianet unlimited or do it online.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for your post. My next question regards the sharing of services. We are using a family share plan. If I choose unlimited data it applies to only one phone correct?

Thanks for your post. My next question regards the sharing of services. We are using a family share plan. If I choose unlimited data it applies to only one phone correct?

yes i believe added features are independent to the phone line you add it to.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it, you have made this process so much easier. I want to thank all of you who participate on these forums to aide noobs like me

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it, you have made this process so much easier. I want to thank all of you who participate on these forums to aide noobs like me
    we were all n00bs at one time, im still semi-n00bish
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  13.    #13  
    hehe

If I understand this correctly, MEdiaNet gives me the same access as PDA Connect, minus the non-NAT assigned address? You still get EDGE speeds when available (by this I understand approx. 105Kbps) and games and downloads and such?
    What is this non-NAT assigned address and why would it matter?

Thanks,
    Roger
    I see that the $24.99 plan is back down to $19.99, listed as MediaNET Unlimited.
    Has anyone tried to change their $25 plan to the $20 one online yet?
  16.    #16  
    An NAT assigned address means that you are a part of an internal network. Similar to what happens with with your home network and router. You will notice the the default IP's assigned to your [home] network are 192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255. Analogous is the method of an NAT address, just different numbers. A non-NAT assigned address is analogous to hooking up a modem directly to your computer and not going through a router. You get the IP address assigned to you by your ISP. In this case it's really not neccesary to have a non-NAT assigned address unless you rely on PPTP (and only PPTP) networking. If anything it is safer to have an NAT assigned address.

Quote Originally Posted by kastegir
    I see that the $24.99 plan is back down to $19.99, listed as MediaNET Unlimited.
    Has anyone tried to change their $25 plan to the $20 one online yet?
    yea but it gave me an error so i called and changed it successfully
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"