1.    #1  
    I just added internet connection to my tmobile line. I am connecting with "Tmobile internet" while can not connect with "Tmobile VPN" or "Tzones" services under connection option in preferences. Now that is ok as far I am able to connect but...... I am not able to use two services at same time while connected to internet. What I mean is, if I am listening to Ptunes I can not browse. Best is (or call it worst) when I connected Verichat and choose option "Always cnnected" I am not able to browse. I made sure that I am able to browse while connected to Verichat and getting messeges on Vision (sprint phone). So what is this mystery? I tried to browse using blazer Pro and Blazer (built in) on tmobile but only got error "the page download could not be completed. Please try again later". To be able to browse I had to close verichat, then go to connection option under preferences and disconnect Tmobile internet connection and try to open broswer again to connect to internet.

Is this issue covered here? Is it my phone? Is it my connection (type) with Tmobile? I am really confused.

Just FYI I am using unlocked Treo650 bought directly from PalmOne.
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Treo650/tmobile/Unlocked/on trial.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Supertooth Bluetooth car kit.
    People here are having varying results when it comes to the 650. It could be the phone, SIM, or network itself!

Very interesting.....

I think your problem may lie with port and server settings. When I send picture messages, Verichat shuts down FIRST before sending MMS message to the recipient. Then automatically reboots itself after the message is sent. So, what I am thinking is that T-Zones, MMS, and Internet uses the same server for sending and receiving data. I did an experiment a few weeks ago. I did an IP check with TZones and TMobile Internet. TZones and Internet has the SAME IP address and the same speeds! But I must be hiding behind a NAT for TZones because when I go to network preferences, it list my IP address for T-Zones starting of with a 10.XXX.XXX versus a 201.XXX.XXX for Internet.
    You never lived until you almost died!
    It's no mystery; it's a matter of bandwidth. I currently experience data speeds of about 35 - 40 kbs with T-Mobile; if I'm listening to a shoutcast station which streams at close to 40 kbs, there won't be much extra bandwidth available for browsing or downloading email. If I switch to a 24 kbs stream browsing becomes easier - and then easier still if I pause Pocket Tunes.

When EDGE is finally rolled out everywhere this summer, and you're getting data speeds of up to 100 kbs, you'll find it much easier to multitask on the internet.
    Last edited by Bill Gamble; 05/26/2005 at 08:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam2579
    I just added internet connection to my tmobile line. I am connecting with "Tmobile internet" while can not connect with "Tmobile VPN" or "Tzones" services under connection option in preferences. Now that is ok as far I am able to connect but...... I am not able to use two services at same time while connected to internet. What I mean is, if I am listening to Ptunes I can not browse. Best is (or call it worst) when I connected Verichat and choose option "Always cnnected" I am not able to browse. I made sure that I am able to browse while connected to Verichat and getting messeges on Vision (sprint phone). So what is this mystery? I tried to browse using blazer Pro and Blazer (built in) on tmobile but only got error "the page download could not be completed. Please try again later". To be able to browse I had to close verichat, then go to connection option under preferences and disconnect Tmobile internet connection and try to open broswer again to connect to internet.

Is this issue covered here? Is it my phone? Is it my connection (type) with Tmobile? I am really confused.

Just FYI I am using unlocked Treo650 bought directly from PalmOne.
    I have an unlocked 650 on TMO and have had no problems of this sort.

First off: you should definitely be able to connect to the T-Zones (wap) APN regardless of what data plan you have, in part because MMS uses that APN. You need to call TMO and talk to a data person and have them check provisioning...just tell them you get an error when trying to send MMS.

If you have the $19.99 data plan (which you obviously do) my recommendation is to use the T-Zones/wap APN unless you have the VPN data plan and use a VPN client that requires a public IP (in which case you should use VPN/internet3) -- T-Zones/wap is NOT port-blocked for those on the $19.99 data plan, performance on wap and internet2/3 is the same, and it solves problems with MMS when other apps (VeriChat, Chatter Email, etc.) are running.

You should definitely be able to browse and do other things while VeriChat is signed into AIM/Y!/whatever. What version of VeriChat are you using?

-SC
    "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might be a law against it by that time." -/usr/games/fortune
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    It's no mystery; it's a matter of bandwidth. I currently experience data speeds of about 35 - 40 kbs with T-Mobile; if I'm listening to a shoutcast station which streams at close to 40 kbs, there won't be much extra bandwidth available for browsing or downloading email. If I switch to a 24 kbs stream browsing becomes easier - and then easier still if I pause Pocket Tunes.

When EDGE is finally rolled out everywhere this summer, and you're getting data speeds of up to 100 kbs, you'll find it much easier to multitask on the internet.
    What is your source for the statement "when EDGE is finally rolled out everywhere this summer"? I have not been able to confirm what T-Mobile's plans are for rolling out EDGE.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    What is your source for the statement "when EDGE is finally rolled out everywhere this summer"? I have not been able to confirm what T-Mobile's plans are for rolling out EDGE.
    My sources are statements gleaned from this forum, the Howard forums and the T-Mobile Yahoo group - along with the fact that EDGE has begun to be rolled out here in Atlanta (so far, just in two or three towers downtown) and is appearing in the Washington DC area.

Not an official statement of intention, I'll grant, but I'm a hopeful sort.
    Also keep in mind that ones phone must be EDGE capable.
    You never lived until you almost died!
    Quote Originally Posted by IceMike
    Also keep in mind that ones phone must be EDGE capable.
    ...which is a perfect description of the Treo 650.