1.    #1  
    All,

I just stopped by T-mobile's website and noticed that the Treo600 is no longer available. Its a total blackberry-a-rama.

I called customer service and someone from their Palm One support department said that they aren't going to release the 650.

Does anyone know if that's true?

Thanks,

-Eric
    Get an unlocked one. Don't wait for T-Mobile to make up it's mind. You see how long it took Verizon? That was long enough! If you really want this phone, you don't really want to keep waiting.

JMO. It's up to you, but I suspect by the time T-Mobile decides whether or not it's really going to release the 650, the next round of phones will be out! They're already talking on other forums about what's coming out for the 2nd half of the year!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ckm0nk3y
    All,

I just stopped by T-mobile's website and noticed that the Treo600 is no longer available. Its a total blackberry-a-rama.

I called customer service and someone from their Palm One support department said that they aren't going to release the 650.

Does anyone know if that's true?

Thanks,

-Eric
    Thats not true.

http://www.t-mobile.com/business/pro....asp?class=pda
    You never lived until you almost died!
    It was off the site over the weekend. Weird.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    It was off the site over the weekend. Weird.
    May only be available for business class or support. TMO may be ready to support another smartphone. I am always curious about TMO's business plans.
    T-Mobile is probably waiting for the final firmware release for the 650 before carrying it.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by IceMike
    May only be available for business class or support. TMO may be ready to support another smartphone. I am always curious about TMO's business plans.
    You're right, because it's off the CONSUMER sale pages.
    http://www.tmobile.com/products/default.asp?class=pda

I noticed the link you posted had "business" in it.

I just happened to notice that it's been removed also and immediately thought to come here to find out. I'm curious and concerned as to what's happening.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    It'll be nice to see them carry the 650. I have a major credit sitting in my account for an upgrade to my next handheld. Love my 600, and the only logical upgrade is a 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by timmins
    It'll be nice to see them carry the 650. I have a major credit sitting in my account for an upgrade to my next handheld. Love my 600, and the only logical upgrade is a 650.
    Actually, I hope they carry the new HP smartphone. My next phone is going to have wi-fi access, BT, and less than $500 bux!
  11.    #11  
    I was just thinking... I'm not sure that T-mobile has introduced a new phone in what seems like months. Hmmmmm.

-Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by IceMike
    Actually, I hope they carry the new HP smartphone. My next phone is going to have wi-fi access, BT, and less than $500 bux!
    Time out, time out... do you mean the Mobile Messenger? I'd love to believe it would be below $500 but based upon previous experience I have to say I doubt it. I hope you're right:

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000007039117/

Otherwise, I retract my words and say the only logical upgrade would be the 6500 Mobile Messenger (once SOMEBODY figures out how to sync Tiger and PPC) or the likely candidate because of simplicity and the # of licenses I own for Palm software, the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ckm0nk3y
    I was just thinking... I'm not sure that T-mobile has introduced a new phone in what seems like months. Hmmmmm.

-Eric
    They'll free admit it... they are testing many. That's why I renewed my contract but kept the credit for a phone upgrade. It's not "the time" to purchase a phone from TMobile.
  14.    #14  
    I had a convo with a T-mobile blackberry second level support person (while trying to get this DUMB blackberry replaced because its a POS) and he admitted that palm and T-mo had some sort of political problem with palm's overwhelming support of other carriers... or something... so they decided not to carry the 650.

The dude said that the rumor mill puts t-mobile on track to putting out the next treo to come out later this year... FWIW.

I guess I'm buying an unlocked 650 for $$
    Couldn't you just buy a Cingular Treo 650 and unlock it yourself?

I know it was through a software update that I unlocked my 600... realistically, it should be possible with the 650. Save yourself some money.
    I am hoping that T-Mobile is holding off on the Treo 650 until they have their EDGE network up and running nation wide (or at least in major markets like NY, DC, and BOSTON!!!). There are a great deal of fine phones out there comming out and they all have EDGE and T-Mobile is not carrying a single one of them yet. If you want the 650, get a phone from t-mobile, unlock and sell it, and then buy a Treo.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by timmins
    Couldn't you just buy a Cingular Treo 650 and unlock it yourself?

I know it was through a software update that I unlocked my 600... realistically, it should be possible with the 650. Save yourself some money.
    Hmmm. I just called Cingular and they won't sell me a 650 without a rate plan.

That sucks!