Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hey mavie, can u post your settings ( proxy or not )
    Quote Originally Posted by brainzito
    Hey mavie, can u post your settings ( proxy or not )

I'm not sure if my settings will be of much help since I use a private proxy and not TMO's. This is what I have set for my 650 w/ Tzones (4.99 plan, i assume now grandfathered in).

1) Preferences -> Network -> Select Tzones
    2) Versamail -> No setting adjusted. Ports 143/110 should NOT be blocked.
    3) Blazer -> Options -> Prefs -> Advanced -> Set Proxy -> IP Address + Port. (My proxy is running on port 143)

From what I've tested, the following does NOT work anymore although its *suppose* to work:

- SSL ports for IMAP/POP3
    - WAP Port (w/o proxy)

EDIT: I have just tested the getmorespeed.t-mobile.com port 8080 proxy and it works fine for me. I just did a speedtest at dslreports - 105kbit/sec.
    Treo 650 w/ TMO + T Zones.
    ^ hopeful for EDGE in NYC. <-- I think its paying off
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=88977
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=85140

http://startotal.net
    Thanks to all on this thread, I now have data at $5.99 using t-Mob Web and the speeds are great.
    Geek.....me????!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, geeks run the world after all!
    Is this $29.99 plan the only thing offered for new users now?

http://www.t-mobile.com/plans/default.asp?tab=internet

I still have an old t-zone plan and was just poking around the site out of curiosity -- am I reading that right, $29.99???
    I believe that the plan is 19.99 for users who add it on to a voice plan above 39.99
    Gotcha, thanks. Still a bit steep in my mind, but much better.
    Ok, I got my Treo 650 (1.13ROW/ 1.31) and so far, I am impressed how stable it is. No reset so far.

I use T-Mobile and the t-zones ($4.99) plan.
    I tried few connection settings:

2) Blazer -> Options -> Prefs -> Advanced -> Set Proxy -> 216.155.165.050 + Port: 8080

Works fine.
    I then tried without the proxy and it works too... no noticeable speed difference.

I also created a new connection (for the fun of it ) in Network (wap.voicestream.com)
    and used it with and without the proxy.... same thing again

So what is the proxy supposed to do ?
    Should I use it or not ?

I am asking because few months ago, I had the 650 on T-Mobile and tried the different connection settings. I was surprised that I could select the T-Mobile Internet connection ($19.99) and browse without any problem.... until I received my bill and got killed with data charges (since I have only t-zones).

So far, so good; no data charges showing up on my account.

Thanks in advance !
    I just switched from the $19.99 plan over to the $5.99 t-Mob Web and it works great and the speeds are a lot faster!
    Quote Originally Posted by ipacmm
    I just switched from the $19.99 plan over to the $5.99 t-Mob Web and it works great and the speeds are a lot faster!
    are you using the proxy in Blazer ?
    everything is the same as it was when I had the $20 a month plan...i just connected right up and everything still was working, so I haven't changed anything
    Quote Originally Posted by brightcell
    Ok, I got my Treo 650 (1.13ROW/ 1.31) and so far, I am impressed how stable it is. No reset so far.

I use T-Mobile and the t-zones ($4.99) plan.
    I tried few connection settings:

2) Blazer -> Options -> Prefs -> Advanced -> Set Proxy -> 216.155.165.050 + Port: 8080

Works fine.
    I then tried without the proxy and it works too... no noticeable speed difference.

I also created a new connection (for the fun of it ) in Network (wap.voicestream.com)
    and used it with and without the proxy.... same thing again

So what is the proxy supposed to do ?
    Should I use it or not ?

I am asking because few months ago, I had the 650 on T-Mobile and tried the different connection settings. I was surprised that I could select the T-Mobile Internet connection ($19.99) and browse without any problem.... until I received my bill and got killed with data charges (since I have only t-zones).

So far, so good; no data charges showing up on my account.

Thanks in advance !
    you were charged for data when you were on T-Zones? I thought it was unlimited?
    No, I was charged when using T-Mobile Internet while I was paying only for t-zones.
    It won't happen again ;-)
    I am now using t-zones with the proxy (in Blazer) and I can access ANY site.

I am quite happy with my unlocked Treo but browsing on my PPC was a better experience.
    Waiting for the Wizard :-)
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by pentatonic145

BTW - I use $4.99 T-zones with the "Faludi" proxy for unlimited full internet access.

Please explain
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Is the only way to avoid the use of a proxy to go with the $19.95 T-Mobile Internet plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by iso100
    Is the only way to avoid the use of a proxy to go with the $19.95 T-Mobile Internet plan?
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...0&postcount=23
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123