Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Phone works but no data service (gprs or edge)...anyone else in southern cal with the same issue? I am in the Anaheim area. Same thing happened last night around the same time (~11 pm) I wonder if Cingular is shutting the network down for upgrades or sthing
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    it is not working in long beach, ca.
    morris stalk
    i'm having problems on the other side of the country in DC as well.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    It will log into the network, but nothing gets through.
    Thats my exact problem. I have the green arrows indicating connected, but nothing's going through...
    Same here- tried it in NJ & NYC
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    I'm in southern california with Cingular. I also get the green connected arrows, but no connection.
  8. pkx
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Cingular in San Jose CA - haven't been able to login to GPRS for ~24hrs
    I am in MA. and we have no service either!!!!!!!!!
    I've gotten back on in Washington DC. Might be back up.
    Yep, I'm back up too now. Weird!
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    I am in Menlo Park and I can log on to GPRS but can not send email....says it can't find server (which is cwmx.com and has not changed). Anyone else
    Nothing in San Diego!

I was just about to do a hard reset thinking it was something I did in my configuration, or adding some new 3rd party app. that destroyed my network.

No emails or internet here. Voicemail delayed. Phone working.

Greg

unlocked GSM / Cingular
    Not working where I am at home LA but drove out 5 miles elsewhere GSM connection works.
    As of 3PM Saturday 5/21 GPRS connects, but no reply from/to servers. No email/internet.

It's either a system-wide reboot of their servers, or something else entirely.

Cingular support says that my area has turned from red to yellow on network avaiability (wish we could see their status online).

Greg

in San Diego
    Well, this is odd.

I'm on T-Mobile, and while I can still connect to GPRS (T-Zones), I haven't been able to send or receive data since Thursday.

The rep said that, since I'm using a Treo 600 and only paying $5 a month, that I'm not supposed to be able to do so.

In other words, one of two things is going on here:
    - They've closed the loophole.
    - GPRS/T-Zones are temporarily broken.

For the record, I'm in N. CA (San Francisco).
    another 24 hours and no email or internet. Just resisting a hard reset since everything else is working just fine.

Greg
    unlocked GSM/Cingular/FW 1.15
    Wow, stranger still... now I'm once again able to access the Web (via the popular proxy) and my e-mail (IMAP).
    It looks like rolling failure. I went to watch Starwars yesterday which is about 10mi from my home. Normally, I have good network connection within that movie theater, signal says four bars. Vioice went ok but GPRS would not connect at all.

Went back home after the movie, now I could connect at three bars.
    I was in several areas throughout San Diego county today - inland, beach, hills, all with good phone reception (at least as far as number of bars), but no email or internet anywhere.

Going to start deleting apps until something releasese and gives me back email and internet! I'm going to Europe in 2 weeks and DON'T want to drag my laptop around with me!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast