1.    #1  
    I just bought a Palm Treo 650 from the legacy ATT business division. Evidently, the Treo is one of a few phones they are still selling. They told me it is an unbranded phone that I can take over and sign a contract on Cingular at any time if I want (still under an excellent old ATT rate plan as of today). They sold it to me for $350 out the door without having to wait for rebates, etc. I am hoping to immediately once I get the phone sign up for a Cingular plan and try and get the $25 data plan online.

This should be interesting.
    How did you do this? Do you already have a business account with them, or did you just call them cold? What's the number? I was just about to order from Amazon when I saw this, so if it is possible, I'd like to do the same thing.

Thanks,
    Pedja
    Quote Originally Posted by psusteeler4life
    I just bought a Palm Treo 650 from the legacy ATT business division. Evidently, the Treo is one of a few phones they are still selling. They told me it is an unbranded phone that I can take over and sign a contract on Cingular at any time if I want (still under an excellent old ATT rate plan as of today). They sold it to me for $350 out the door without having to wait for rebates, etc. I am hoping to immediately once I get the phone sign up for a Cingular plan and try and get the $25 data plan online.

This should be interesting.

oh c'mon, you can't bait us with a post like that and not give details
  4.    #4  
    The number I called was 1-866-4CWSB2B which is the number listed as Busines sales on their web site and I pressed the prompts as an existing customer and entered my number in. Because I am still under an ATT contract and I have never migrated over to Cingular I'm assuming it routed me to the business sales for what was ATT. Incidentally, I was offered this price a couple of days ago and I didn't pull the trigger. I probably had to call back 3 or 4 times to get this price as others were either offering it to me for $450 or telling me I had to buy the phone through Cingular. I did get the sense they were giving me this price as a combination of either being a corporate customer and the fact I haven't bought a phone in over a year. I would actually not mine staying with my existing call plan with ATT as it is very attractive but unfortunately their data plans are pretty expensive.
    Keep us posted, I would like to do the same.
  6.    #6  
    This just keeps getting better. So I got the phone and set it up and everything. I figured I would call over the phone to see what kind of data plan I could get them to offer me with my existing old ATT plan before trying to pull the switch to a Cingular plan. I called up over the phone and the rep offered my $25/month unlimited internet with my existing ATT calling plan. So essentially I bought the phone for $350 straight up without rebated and had to agree to only a 1 year contract, was able to keep my existing ATT contract and get $25 unlimited internet. As long as my bills stay accurate I am more than happy with this.
    Man what good luck you have. I reckon within the next 6 months, the 650 price will drop dow in the 300 dollar range.
    You never lived until you almost died!