1.    #1  
    I'm using Treo650 unlocked version with TMobile.....sometime all the incoming calls go to my voicemail.......I need to reset the phone and updtate "call preferences".....
    is it a common problem?

thanks
    Did you have the sim in a blackberry?
  3.    #3  
    no...I was using the sim with a regular samsung cellular phone......
    I'm doing some troubleshooting now...to fully understand when this happens....
    I thought it was after using GPRS..but I'm not sure now....
    I'll keep you posted on what I find out...

thanks
    Your SIM could also be outdated. How long have you had your current SIM card? I had to update a few years ago because I was still using Voicestream supplied SIM that had different protocols than Tmobiles.
    You never lived until you almost died!
  5.    #5  
    My SIM is 2 weeks old......it's a replacement of a 1 year old SIM....
    I also noticed that sometime I can't even make calls.....I think it fails to register to the network.....
    What drives me crazy is that you don't notice it until you try to make a call, and the phone just doesn't do it, no error msgs
    ...or you go to "Options"-->"Call preferences" and hit "get Status".....in this case it says "operation failed", and you know that the phone is not working.....

I have put the SIM back in my old cellular phone to check if it's either a TMobile network or a Treo 650 problem.....

I'll keep you posted

thanks
    As I have posted in other replies, my unlocked Treo 600 works fine on T-Mobile.

My Firmware is 03.05, Software Treo600-1.12-ROW. Hardware is rev B.
  7.    #7  
    here is the result of my tests:

I have no problem using the SIM with my Samsung regular phone......
    I have put the SIM back into my Treo650 and......here is the problem again...can't make or receive calls......but as I said before...not always..it's like an on/off issue....it happens sometime...

This confirms that my Treo650 in NOT 100% compatible with TMobile.....

what can I do next?.....Treo650 is not supported by Tmobile yet...
    should I call Palm?

my Treo650 infos:

Firmware: 01.15
    Software: Treo650 1.06 ROW
    Hardware: A
    Palm OS: v. 5.4.5
    Last edited by RobyTreo; 05/24/2005 at 12:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobyTreo
    here is the result of my tests:

I have no problem using the SIM with my Samsung regular phone......
    I have put the SIM back into my Treo650 and......here is the problem again...can't make or receive calls......but as I said before...not always..it's like an on/off issue....it happens sometime...

This confirms that my Treo650 in NOT 100% compatible with TMobile.....

what can I do next?.....Treo650 is not supported by Tmobile yet...
    should I call Palm?

my Treo650 infos:

Software: Treo650 1.06 ROW
    Hardware: A
    Palm OS: v. 5.4.5
    Several T650 users have reported problems with their phones losing service or turning off and have discoverd that a slip or two of paper placed under the SIM solves the problem. Search the forum for more complete descriptions of this solution.
  9.    #9  
    I don't think it's my case.....

my Treo is always on, and when it gets in the "bad status"......it shows "T-Mobile" and full bars.....
    it seams like it's working fine...but it's NOT....you try to place call and after trying dialing...it goes to the normal phone screen...plus all incoming calls go to voicemail...

I still believe that it's failing to register into the Tmobile network.....

I would like to know if somebody is using Treo650 unlocked in the New York area with TMobile.....
    I have had the same exact problems as you and I too am in the NY area with an unlocked Treo 650 on T-Mobile. I assumed it was the tower nearest my home, due to a very low signal, but occasionally it will occur in other areas with full signal as well. The real strange thing is that it never seems to happen when I'm at work out on LI. My SIM is also relatively new and is a replacement for my 2 year old SIM. This is truely odd.
  11.    #11  
    please go to:

GSM Telephony

I have opened a thread "Treo650 sometime I can't receive or make calls.."

add your complain....

thanks
    Last edited by RobyTreo; 05/24/2005 at 01:29 PM.
  12.    #12  
    found more people with the same problem......TMobile doesn't have a fix.....
  13.    #13  
    Palm is not answering my questions........
    basically they are telling me to reset my Treo...

I opened the issue : Case ID #: 779280

PLEASE open a case with Palm and list the case ID

post in this forum your case ID so we can list it....and show them that we are not alone.

thanks