1.    #1  
    I travel a TON international and just called to get my unlock code. I was told since I was a former ATTWS customer that the code was not available from Cingular. Has anyone who was with ATTWS gotten the code and if so how did they do it?
  2.    #2  
    I would appreciate if someone could let me know how they did this. I have been told over and over again that Cingular will not and cannot unlock a former ATTWS Treo 650. If someone could PM me maybe with this info or maybe let me reference their account to indicate to Cingular an example of this being done I would appreciate it. I travel internationally and am only trying to do this so I can use local SIM cards and have a local number in the regions I am in.
    Certainly interested if you figure it out. Others say it's been done, but the customer service people didn't think twice before denying my request.
  4.    #4  
    I know what you mean. I am "VERY" skeptical that anyone with a former ATTWS Treo 650 has received their unlock code. I have been very persistent in my discussions with the Cingular reps and have escalated up the chain of command several times. Basically they told me to get a Cingular Orange account ( which means buying a new Cingular 650...NOT!! ) and after 90 days they will unlock it for me. Since I am on a corporate vocie/data plan that is pretty cheap, I do not have an option to even do that. Not that I would anyway. Bottom line is my phone works globally and my company picks up 100% of my roaming charges. I was trying to save my company some money and give employees I work with internationally a local number to call me when I am in their country.

I would LOVE for someone to tell me if they got this done and maybe provide some type of information that could be referenced with Cingular as an example of this being done for an ATTWS customer. Since thee have been no response to this request, I am starting to think the unlocking of ATTWS 650's is an urban myth! : )
    In my call today, I got another one of those CSRs who insist that Palm is the only one who can give you the unlock code. It's frustrating.
    i've tried many times and have failed, the told me to go to a cingular store and exchange it for a cingular unlocked branded phone
    Quote Originally Posted by stylez23
    i've tried many times and have failed, the told me to go to a cingular store and exchange it for a cingular unlocked branded phone

Does Cingular offer a branded unlocked version?
  8.    #8  
    Will they exchange the phone? Is there a cost involved?