Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by IceMike
    Thanks for posting this information now since I am ab employee of Asurion, I will make sure your claim is denied. j/k

I'll see you in court
    i cancelled my data plan earlier this week with tmobile
    and decided to change the settings on my phone connection to tzones..and im a now able to access the web for free

ooh i love it
    Blessed beyond measure!
    I just got a mailing from Asurion informing me of the price hike. Seeing that I'm using an unlocked Treo 650, the plan might still be worth it. And I was wondering whether they will really cover the 650 since T-Mobile doesn't sell it, but the mailing I got answers the question since they have my phone model printed on the address panel as "palmOne Treo Ace". I'll be sure to keep this just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by ayana2004
    i cancelled my data plan earlier this week with tmobile
    and decided to change the settings on my phone connection to tzones..and im a now able to access the web for free

ooh i love it
    shhhhh.....keep that a secret!
    You never lived until you almost died!
    Does anyone know of a better alternative to Asurion? I too just received the "with T-Mobile you Get More" letter, i.e. a 50% premium hike (from $3.99/month to $5.99/month) and a 300% hike in the deductible (from $35 to $110). At those prices I'll drop Asurion June 30th no matter what... does anyone know of a better alternative? BTW the 650 is not listed in the appendix, so I'd suspect it's not covered by Asurion (I have a 600).
    TMobile seems to be a better alternative to Asurion; no monthly premium and only $70 for an out of warranty replacement. I just ordered a replacement Treo 600 (orange blob on LCD) from TMobile for $70. This was for an unlocked (Cingular) T600 I bought direct from PalmOne (and I told them that). PalmOne wanted $179 for a replacement, but lowered it to $134 when I complained. TMobile first said, via email, that they had no more T600s. Then I called and got routed to their "PDA" group, who offered me a $70 replacement after they verified that a hard reset wouldn't solve the problem. Replacement is on its way. Hopefully, they'll continue this policy once they start to offer the T650.
    Another reason not to switch to Cingular (and not to buy over-priced insurance).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12