Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I don't know who said that it expired but I just added a line today with it on the account.

$19.99, unlimited data, etc.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Watch your bill
  3.    #3  
    Well, on my first line it has been 19.99 for about a year now.
    Someone's got their wires crossed somewhere. This is the description of the $19.99 MediaWorks package, taken from Cingular's web site:

Code:
    Package                                MEdia Basic          MEdia Works 
    Monthly Charge                         $9.99 per month      $19.99 per month 
    Text/Instant Messages Included         200 per month        1,000 per month 
    Additional Text/Instant Messages       $0.10 per message    $0.10 per message 
    Multimedia Messages Included           40 per month         Unlimited 
    Additional Multimedia Messages         $0.25 per message    N/A 
    Wireless Internet Express              500 KB               3 MB 
    Additional Wireless Internet Express   $0.02 per KB         $0.01 per KB
    Note those last two lines. Methinks this is not the package you wanted.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    it is not the same as the previous $19.99 "unlimited" plan....
    apparently cingular does a "statement check" in their system that converts the "old" medial works unlimited to the new 3mb plan....those sneaky devils
    Quote Originally Posted by drpmr1
    apparently cingular does a "statement check" in their system that converts the "old" medial works unlimited to the new 3mb plan....those sneaky devils
    3 months on the original $19.99 unlimited plan so far. Fingers crossed ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    they better not switch it from under us.
    They can't switch it from under you...You are grandfathered in.
    That's not what drpmr1 implied (in post # 6).

It is still worth keeping an eagle eye on the bills ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I dont think you need to keep an eagle eye on the bill...I am pretty sure that if they change it your bill is gonna be probably $200+ more than the prior month (depending on you net usage) so that should be a pretty easy find...

rob
    My (admittedly limited understanding): Cing USED to offer MediaNet Unlimited for $20. If you signed up for that plan, you are grandfathered, at least for the duration of your contract. They NOW offer MediaNet Unlimited for $25, which is what new users pay. These plans offer unlimited internet access (but I'm unclear whether that includes text messaging. Buehler? Anybody?) They also offer MediaWorks for $20, which has unlimited text messaging, but only 3MB of internet access. MediaWorks is not MediaNet.
    Okay, here's how I understand it. Cingular used to offer a plan for 20 dollars that had unlimited internet access, 1500 SMS, and 250 MMS. They now offer (for the same 20 dollars) 3MB internet, 1000 SMS, and 200 MMS. They also offer unlimited internet (by itself) for 25 bucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by djfusion
    Okay, here's how I understand it. Cingular used to offer a plan for 20 dollars that had unlimited internet access, 1500 SMS, and 250 MMS.
    Makes me wish I'd signed up for MediaWorks Unlimited when I first started looking at the Treo, instead of waiting until it arrived. I missed the cutoff by a couple of weeks.

Can't complain too loudly though, I got to keep my grandfathered GAIT calling area.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
  15.    #15  
    This is my new line added yesterday:

Your current account features are displayed below. To view and add new features to your account, select Available Features.

Wireless Number: XXX-XXX-XXXX
    Select: XXX-XXX-XXXX

Feature Monthly Charge
    LONG DISTANCE $0.00
    Intl Call Allowance $0.00
    5000 Night/Wknd Mins $0.00
    Cingular Domestic LD $0.00
    Cingular Roam LD $0.00
    GSM Coverage Area $0.00
    Cingular Direct Bill $0.00
    $.79 Roam Rate $0.00
    Rollover FM 770 $0.00
    Enhanced VoiceMail $0.00
    EDGE WIRELESS CA ELA $0.00
    MEdia Works Package $19.99
    MEdia Works-MMS $0.00
    MEdia Works-Txt Msg $0.00
    Media Works-WIX $0.00
    Total: $19.99
    Looks like mine. I also called CS when I signed up in Feb and verified that this was with unlimited internet usage. I recorded the date/time of the call and the name+ID# of the CS rep.

You may be grandfathered-in because of your other phone being on this plan.

Still, be afraid .. be very afraid (of what Cingular may try to pull off)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik57
    My (admittedly limited understanding): Cing USED to offer MediaNet Unlimited for $20. If you signed up for that plan, you are grandfathered, at least for the duration of your contract. They NOW offer MediaNet Unlimited for $25, which is what new users pay. These plans offer unlimited internet access (but I'm unclear whether that includes text messaging. Buehler? Anybody?) They also offer MediaWorks for $20, which has unlimited text messaging, but only 3MB of internet access. MediaWorks is not MediaNet.
    I actually just switched my plan the other day and made sure I would be able to keep my unlimited for 20 bucks. He said yes. So far so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    3 months on the original $19.99 unlimited plan so far. Fingers crossed ...
    Same here ... I continue to watch my bills though ...
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    I actually just switched my plan the other day and made sure I would be able to keep my unlimited for 20 bucks. He said yes. So far so good.
    Yeah, I did the sam thing and mine got dropped. I have to call tomorrow and *****. I had the $24.95 plan and it got dropped when I went from 900 to 1500 minutes. The website won't let me add it back, says it gets an error accessing my account on the final screen.
    Looks like MORE Cingular data shenanigans! No data plan for me still, until they get honest!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast