1.    #1  
    When I got my Treo 650 a couple of weeks ago, I also signed up for the 39.99 a month unlimited PDA plan. They told me in the store that the MediaWorks was not eligible for my phone. What is the difference? Some threads I've seen indicate that there is none. And if there is no difference (or not $15 worth), how can I add it to my phone when they won't put it on a 650? And if all this is correct, do you suppose there is anything illegal about this?
    For standard web and email use, there is no difference. For business use such as VPN, some people have found a difference (apparently wap.cingular vs isp.cingular access).

To add Mediaworks, simply add it using your online account manager.

Illegal? Which way? Illegal for you to purchase something that is displayed as an option on your online account manager? or Illegal for Cingular to charge higher rates for equivalent services?
  3.    #3  
    I'm wondering if it doesn't break some state or federal statute for them to force PDA owners to purchase a more expensive plan for the same service as phone owners... I feel discriminated against
    That I have to agree with! It does sound like they're unethical with their Media plans, not only the same plan for more money, but many "accidentally" happen to be billed $1K! Someone said they were going to report them, I hope they can!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!