1.    #1  
    I've got a 600 right now and would like to upgrade to the 650 but pay the price you'd pay for a 650 if you were a brand new Cingular customer (around $350) instead of the price I'd have to pay currently (from $450 on up).

Has anyone succesfully pulled this off?
    Off to iPhone land...
    Are you joking dude? I dare you to tell me thats not "stealing"
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    Are you joking dude? I dare you to tell me thats not "stealing"
    huh?
    Off to iPhone land...
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    renew your contract for another two years and you will get the price
  5.    #5  
    but how do you get the price and only renew for one year?
    Off to iPhone land...
    Quote Originally Posted by ghileman
    but how do you get the price and only renew for one year?
    You don't. The carrier's subsidy depends on how long you stick with them and how much you spend on them. How about selling off your T600 (like I did) and then getting the T650 with a contract?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    You don't. The carrier's subsidy depends on how long you stick with them and how much you spend on them. How about selling off your T600 (like I did) and then getting the T650 with a contract?
    My T600 (my fifth replacement, btw) just crapped out on me (bad radio). I purchased my first T600 over a year agao, and Palm no longer starts the clock rolling on your one-year warranty from the date the replacement Treo is sent to you. Instead, they hold you to the purchase date. Crappy policy change on Palm's part, IMO.

I put in a call to India (or wherever Palm tech support is located these days) and they put in a service request for me regarding the fact that I have had 5 different T600s call crap out on me with the same problem. India tech support said that someone from P1 HQ will be "phoning me shortly."
    Off to iPhone land...
    What's the deal with all the threads popping about stealing/fooling/cheating your way to a 650?
    --> Me fail english? That's unpossible!! <--
    Big Lots must be selling T600's to the masses, and a bunch of lawyers got out of prison ?
    Sorry, but I have to say it. FIVE replacements???? Move to another phone model or manufacturer! While I have had no problems with my Treo, if I did, I would never waste time exchanging 5. If after 2 or 3 exchanges, the phone model is still not working right, it's OVER for that model.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Sorry, but I have to say it. FIVE replacements???? Move to another phone model or manufacturer! While I have had no problems with my Treo, if I did, I would never waste time exchanging 5. If after 2 or 3 exchanges, the phone model is still not working right, it's OVER for that model.
    I agree. However, either you've beaten some extreme odds and just so happened to get 5 bad Treo's, or it's the USER causing the problems.
    Five "different" phones
    One "common" denominator...

The user

Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    Five "different" phones
    One "common" denominator...

The user

WRONG! Some people may not know their Treo is defective in some way because they don't use all the features.

9 replacements here, most due to the speaker phone echo that I now realize is just part of owning a T600. Screen splotches were the reason for 2 of those replacements.
    I still question the time you took for NINE replacements for the same phone model. Like I said in my above post, 3 at the absolute most and really it should only be 2. If you're not satisfied after 3 of the same model go bad for you, isn't that a message that you need to get what you need? I know the Treos are cool and all, but when push comes to shove and you need a phone that works the way you want, get what you need. JMO.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Ok, if it took you 7 times (since two were screen splotches) to realize that the speaker phone echo was just "part of owning" it, I have to agree with skillllllz.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ghileman
    I've got a 600 right now and would like to upgrade to the 650 but pay the price you'd pay for a 650 if you were a brand new Cingular customer (around $350) instead of the price I'd have to pay currently (from $450 on up).

Has anyone succesfully pulled this off?
    Buy the unlocked Treo 650, baby.
    You would get more money for it when you sell it vs. a branded one.