Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1.    #1  
    Yeseterday my unlocked Treo 650 came in and I've been working hard to get it setup. However my GMail didnt want to work with Versamail. So I called T-Mobile and spoke with a really nice guy in the Tech department. He was able to help me to get my GMail working.

    Anyways, he was a cool guy and we started talking about T-Mo's EDGE data service - he said that it is available in a few areas, but nationwide deployment would not take place. B/C they are waiting to go full 3g.

    Also, he said the T650 is in beta testing. Which means it could be on the coming out fairly soon. But with Verizon's anoouncment I can't imagine TMo being too far behind.

    I figured you guys might be interested to hear that.....

    -Tyler
  2. #2  
    Thanks for the info. I wish TMo was able to introduce it earlier. Personally I've given up on the 650 for now and will wait for the next generation Treo. I just bought my wife a Treo 600 last week.

    Unfortunately Tmo seems to be behind by at least 6 months....and that will probably affect its introduction of the next generation Treo too.

    Why do I stay with TMo? :-\
    Million Dollar Bills, anyone?

    <a href="http://www.millionbill.com">www.MillionBill.com</a>
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by chungmike
    Why do I stay with TMo? :-\
    My thoughts exactly....

    I think I'm going to take the $90 credit they are offering me for my latest bill and then take a walk over to Cingular....
  4. #4  
    I'd like to see does T ver treo650's bt fully functional if T sells it
    if so, this'll be nice
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mingkee
    I'd like to see does T ver treo650's bt fully functional if T sells it
    if so, this'll be nice
    If history proves true it should not have any cripled Bluetooth. My T-Mobile, T68m,T68i, Nokia 3650, and T610 have all had full bluetooth functionality.

    I'm thinking it will. This makes me wonder if I've made a mistake getting an Unlocked Treo 650.....
  6. #6  
    Hi Wifigenius,

    I've been unable to get my GMail account to work reliably with my T-Mobile service and VersaMail. Do you have something other than the basic $4.99 T-Zones? T-Zones Pro? I'd appreciate it if you could share some of the insights that the T-Mobile Tech shared with you.

    Thanks in advance!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by warpdrive
    Hi Wifigenius,

    I've been unable to get my GMail account to work reliably with my T-Mobile service and VersaMail. Do you have something other than the basic $4.99 T-Zones? T-Zones Pro? I'd appreciate it if you could share some of the insights that the T-Mobile Tech shared with you.

    Thanks in advance!
    Hi Warpdrive, I was using 4.99 T-Zones on my P800 and had no trouble. I am assuming you have enabled pop mail on Gmail. - As I remember with T-Zones 4.99 you can't use the SMTP server for Gmail. (I could be wrong) But I had great luck using T-Mobile's my e-mail service. Go to the My T-Mo website, and under communications you can configure an e-mail account. Then T-Mobile will check mail and send you alerts when new messages arrive and you can use Versamail to download from the server.

    If you search around for MyEmail you should be able to get everything working. Make sure to follow the G-Mail settings very closley. It can get tricky with SSL and ESMTP. If you have any more questions PM me and I'd be happy to help. Good luck!

    -Tyler
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    My thoughts exactly....

    I think I'm going to take the $90 credit they are offering me for my latest bill and then take a walk over to Cingular....
    I stay with T-Mobile because they have the best rates and are a rather liberal company in their practices. Examples: they give you unlock codes easily and they cheerfully support phones they do not sell. They also seem to have the friendliest, most helpful customer service among the carriers. I recommend T-Mobile to people if the coverage is good in their area.
  9. #9  
    Yep. I loved Tmobile. I only switched to Sprint to get the free Vision special.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    ... I recommend T-Mobile to people if the coverage is good in their area.
    If you've been a Tmo customer for awhile, and you have a national plan, don't woory: you'll piggyback on Cingular's signal, withOUT $$$ penalty.

    And ya wonder why I love Tmo so!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by silverado
    I stay with T-Mobile because they have the best rates and are a rather liberal company in their practices. Examples: they give you unlock codes easily and they cheerfully support phones they do not sell. They also seem to have the friendliest, most helpful customer service among the carriers. I recommend T-Mobile to people if the coverage is good in their area.
    Couldn't have put it better myself. I'd just elaborate that the combination of excellent phone technical support and smart, experienced store staff are big plusses for me.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
  12. rcgabriel's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #12  
    TMobile's service and support are modestly decent - which when you compare to Cingular and Sprint, which are terrible, looks pretty damned good. I've been Omnipoint/Voicestream/T-Mobile for 6 or 7 years now, and I have no intention on changing in the immediate future. If T-Mobile still has no EDGE in NYC 5 or 6 months down the road I might reconsider again.
  13. #13  
    I would love to just upgrade to the 650 on the T-Mobile network. Overall, I've had a very positive experience with my Treo 180 and 600 w/TMO service. However, without any direction from TMO on support for the 650 I took a look at Cingular today.

    Cingular
    600 min $49.99
    Unlimited Data $44.99

    T-Mobile
    600 min $39.99
    Unlimited Data $19.99

    Am I missing something??? Is there some cheaper deal with Cingular that I am not seeing?
  14.    #14  
    I have heard that some people on Cingular use the MediaNet or MediaWorks for 19.99 a month. And that works. Any Cingular users that could help us out here?

    Visit my Tech Blog @ http://www.tylersworld.com
  15. #15  
    Run a search on TC on MediaWorks, which is the $19.99 plan. You will find that Cingular no longer offers it for the Treo. There was some cutoff date a while back, so a bunch of people, myself included, made sure to get T650s with MediaWorks before that date.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by ojleblanc
    Run a search on TC on MediaWorks, which is the $19.99 plan. You will find that Cingular no longer offers it for the Treo. There was some cutoff date a while back, so a bunch of people, myself included, made sure to get T650s with MediaWorks before that date.
    Thanks a lot for the tip ojleblanc! I'm now educated on the whole MediaWorks issue.
  17. #17  
    Only problem with T-Mobile is the coverage - or rather, lack of. There are too many places where friends with ATT or Verizon hae coverage, and I don't. :-(
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    Only problem with T-Mobile is the coverage - or rather, lack of. There are too many places where friends with ATT or Verizon hae coverage, and I don't. :-(

    If you are interested, check out this website for comprehensive coverage maps from T-Mobile

    http://compass.t-mobile.com/

    user:tmobile
    password:getmore
  19. #19  
    The 19.99 MediaWorks is still available for Cingular Treo - it is simply a 3MB/mo limit (+MMS +SMS) rather than the previous unlimited MB package. MediaNet Unlimited (unlimited data) is $25. Both provide internet access equivalent to the pricey PDA Plan.
  20. fnj
    fnj is offline
    fnj's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #20  
    I escaped Cingular by switching to ATT a few years ago. I was quite happy at the time. Now, of course, that switch is moot and I am stuck with Cingular again for another month (luckily, mny contract is winding down). I'm thinking of switching to Sprint, despite prefering GSM coverage to CDMA. This thread has made me ponder tmobile. If they get the 650 soon, I might make the leap.

    Have they really been good about unlocking their phones? I travel to Europe 5 or 6 times a year and have a few SIM cards I would like to pop into A GSM Treo. Based on your experiences, would they go for this?

Posting Permissions