1.    #1  
    I am just wondering what data plan the cingular users on the forum are using.

I will be checking email with snappermail2 and having a look at various websites. No text messaging.

I basically need an unlimited data plan.

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

William
    Sounds like you need MediaNet Unlimited - about $25/mo. Nothing but data - no messaging included.

I use MediaWorks for now, since I have limited data needs (phone lookups, etc) and do use text messaging.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you.

But will I be able to use SnapperMail2 with it. I need to check 5 or 6 email accounts from differnet ISPs. Media Net does not seem to allow for that. However, the DataConnect for PDAs says:

"Access your e-mail, corporate intranet, and the Internet while on the go by wirelessly connecting your PDA to the Internet. Requires usage with a Cingular Wireless PDA."

The Media Net information makes no mention of this.

Thanks in advance.

William
    To my knowledge, there is absolutely no difference in what your 650 can access across any of the plans that included data. MediaWorks, MediaNet, & PDA plan all give your 650 the same access - just at different prices.

If you do a quick search on here, you'll find more than a dozen msg threads that support this. Apparently the PDA Plan is a marketing scheme to sell you the same access at a higher price. (Much like Excedrin and Excedrin for ____, same drug - different label).

All I can tell you for sure is that I have MediaWorks Unlimited (you need MediaNet Unlimited) and Versamail checks my various POP & IMAP accounts without difficulty.