Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    it looks like Cingular fixed their issues!!!!! I live in OC and I am consistently over 100 kbps according to dslreports. let's hope this is the end to cingular issues!!!!!!
    You're lucky. Up here in San Jose it's slower than ever. Get this, 3 of 4 attempts and I can't even finish the 5K download test on http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed !!!!
    The one that did complete came in a whopping 1kbps!
    It's getting worse, not better.
    I hope whatever they did for you they do up here for us as well. It's getting worse, not better.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by buirus
    it looks like Cingular fixed their issues!!!!! I live in OC and I am consistently over 100 kbps according to dslreports. let's hope this is the end to cingular issues!!!!!!
    I am in OC, and I am still having issues with Cingular/T-Mobile Speeds. (Actually, I can represent multiple users in Irvine, and Anaheim.)

If you could, please answer the following questions...

What Data plan do you have?
    What area are you located at Specifically?
    What do you use for Network Settings.

Several of my co-workers and myself travel between El Segundo, and Irvine. Using both the 91/5 FWY and the 605/405 FWY routes. Speeds are horrible.
    Any info can help troubleshoot this issue, because Cingular Tech Support is completely stumped apparently.
    Im in OC too. The Anaheim and Costa Mesa. WTF this is pissing me off. I ended my contract with Verizon early so I can get Edge. I swear ever since i DLed the new firmware my 650 has been slower. I just tried dslreports and it wouldnt start the test. When I got the 650 I was happy with the speed but now its sort of a hassle to wait for a page to load up. Im glad Im not the only one having this problem. Im on the Unlimited MEdiaWorks.
    Last edited by OC RYDAH; 03/31/2005 at 02:32 AM.
    I am still slow, I am in the OC too, Laguna slow now late 2:00 am, i guess i should say early. Irvine lousy too. Interesting I was in Fox Sports Grill Irvine (dump) other day with friend, we got vastly different speeds both Cingy. a month ago I was over a hundred every time.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    ix0ye:
    What Data plan do you have? MediaNet Umlimited
    What area are you located at Specifically? San Clemente
    What do you use for Network Settings. Not sure...whatever is default...

I hope this helps.
    Up here in San Jose/San Francisco area and I've had lousy speeds for 3weeks+ now.
    Cingular is supposedly working with TMobile to fix this problem. Appearently it's a big problem.
    I think if we hang in there it'll get fixed eventually, but I admit it does suck.
    I'm on Cingular (Orange, not AT&T) with Media Works unlimited data. People on the $40 PDA, $25 MediaNet plans are all having the same issue too.
    Last edited by taylorh; 03/31/2005 at 12:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Today, in Oakland CA: I have an Unlocked Treo 650 with an older 32k Cingular SIM which lets me manually select networks. I normally have it set to ATT/Cingular, as it has a stronger signal at home.

Within the last week, I've noticed that "ATT/Cingular" is now listed as "Cingular" instead. So my network choices are "Cingular" or "Cingular" (the second one being the old ATT towers).

As I understand it, the Cingular network has been sold to TMobile here, so they are now managing it.

Here are my results using http://text.dslreports.com/mspeed using the 100k test

ATT ( 4 bars signal) :
    98, 116, 102 (average = 105 kbit/sec)

Cingular (2-3 bars signal):
    failed, failed failed. (Would load between 5 and 25k of data then stall completely, timing out).

Something is definitely wrong with the Cingular side.