Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    T-mobile has the "T-mobile Internet" optional service for $19.99 that we also refer to as data plan (if I'm not mistaken).

I wondering if it's really worth the extra cost so I can check email and get on the web once in a while....maybe even use Chatter.

I'd like to know what others are using it for and if it's worth the extra cost per month.

Thanks for your feedback.
    i love it I average about 45.8 mbs a month. I use it more than my high speed internet
    The nice thing about the plan is that you can "turn it On and Off" as you need it. I sign up on the plan when I travel and then remove the plan when I'm close to home (and at my computer every day). This way, I don't need to lug a computer when traveling, and I also don't have to pay for the plan when I'm not using it.

I need constant access to the internet so I can fill orders for my eBooks, check on affiliate sales, and tweak pay-per-click bids daily. To be honest, surfing the web is not nearly as enjoyable on such a small screen, and the T-Mobile software often reformats the web page so you can see everything without scrolling left-to-right. Then I am momentarily lost. For email and required web work it's great for portability. Otherwise, I prefer to stay on my big screen.
  4.    #4  
    Do you notice that your battery drains faster when you've got the GPRS on?
    Million Dollar Bills, anyone?

<a href="http://www.millionbill.com">www.MillionBill.com</a>
    I am very stingy with the battery when I'm traveling. I don't leave it on - I check and send email manually. I would expect the battery to drain faster.
    IMO
    internet option has its good worth, esp you can use it for pda and tethering
    and more, EDGE will be launched in some markets in April
    For my ocassional use, I can't justify the $19.99 / month price of t-mobile internet data plan. I use the $4.99 t-zones plan, which gets you email. With the use of a proxy (216.155.165.50 port 8080), you can use the t-zones plan for web browsing. Can't beat the prize. Tethering is fine, just use the same proxy on your laptop's browser.
    I have the Unlimited Internet for $19.99 and find myself using it less and less...kinda hesistant to get rid of the plan though, as I run through a few MB a month...what's the per MB GPRS cost on T-Mo anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by mingkee
    IMO
    internet option has its good worth, esp you can use it for pda and tethering
    and more, EDGE will be launched in some markets in April

whoa whoa- is this just speculation, or do you have info to cover it?

i'm seriously considering a switch to cingular, but i'd rather keep t-mo. my connection is fine and customer service is great. plus, getting grandfathered in with $19.99 is desireable, but that's all IF EDGE is being rolled out this year.

GPRS on the treo beyond checking email and some mobile friendly sites is like living in slo-mo.

i want EDGE!
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Folks, according to T-Mobile reps I spoke with today, Edge is coming in April! Can't wait to see how quick the Treo will be!
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    cool if you get more info (like exactly when, or geographic locations) post away!!
    hope I can get it in NYC in April
    because this is a requirement to listen to shoutcast on the street
    shoutcast walkman?!
    I've had TMO data for about a year. Started with access via free WAP and then was forced to move to tzones in August '04. I'm in Minneapolis. In Dec '04, they shut me down again and I moved to the Unlimited Internet Plan for $20. I was p!ssed about the switch and was looking–
    I've had T-Mo for over a year - the $20 plan. I don't maind paying so long as speeds are reasonable, but lately they have been slow as molasses and cutting out.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    i use the 2.99 grandfathered plan with edge in california. (old cingular towers) The edge is fast, around 90-110 kbps but the response times on websites are slow... like i call the website, but about 3-4 seconds later does it seem to start sending/receiving using edge speeds from the actual website. I don't know the reason for this.
    I get EDGE already on tmo in downtown atlanta. don't get it in the suburbs yet, but in the downtown area it is wicked fast. I hope it rolls out to the rest of Atlanta this month.
    Quote Originally Posted by howiecam
    I get EDGE already on tmo in downtown atlanta. don't get it in the suburbs yet, but in the downtown area it is wicked fast. I hope it rolls out to the rest of Atlanta this month.
    When exactly did this start? I work downtown (Peachtree Center area) and have been getting only GPRS speeds...

-SC
    Quote Originally Posted by roamer1
    When exactly did this start? I work downtown (Peachtree Center area) and have been getting only GPRS speeds...

-SC
    Hmm...I just lost GPRS in Sandy Springs. Maybe TMO is doing something up this way?

-SC
    "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might be a law against it by that time." -/usr/games/fortune
    Hey are you stalking me?
    My wife's building is near peachtree center, and I think I was getting Edge there. I know I get Edge at school which is near woodruff park. I have done the speed test and get 70-100 there, compared to the 25 or so I get at home in Sandy Springs..

I didn't notice any GPRS outage, when did that happen?
    Hopefully SS will be upgraded soon, along with Dunwoody and East Cobb.
    I am also in midtown quite a bit and know they are still GPRS.
    Do a speed test a couple times from work downtown and post your results if you don't mind.
    Hey are you stalking me?
    My wife's building is near peachtree center, and I think I was getting Edge there. I know I get Edge at school which is near woodruff park. I have done the speed test and get 70-100 there, compared to the 25 or so I get at home in Sandy Springs..

I didn't notice any GPRS outage, when did that happen?
    Hopefully SS will be upgraded soon, along with Dunwoody and East Cobb.
    I am also in midtown quite a bit and know they are still GPRS.
    Do a speed test a couple times from work downtown and post your results if you don't mind.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast