Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This entire week T-mobile data in S. Cal has been really slow. T-mo CS is now blaming the slow data on my T650 hardware. Earlier they reset my registration and I was back to normal speeds, but the next day data was crawling. I can only download 3-7k on Blazer or Xiino before it times out. I did a hard reset, but no luck. Is it time to get a replacement? Anyone else having the same experiences?
    I had problems too. (Unlocked 650 T-mobile) Started Wednesday night. I'd get this "Please wait "Attaching GPRS" Dialog & it would attempt to connect several times alternating from T-Mobile Internet, T-Mobile VPN and T-Zones canceling itself. There would be som 00048 error or something similar that ment it diald the wrong number etc. I thought about doing a hard reset but since I had not installed anything nor changed any settings prior to the connection issues I decided to try a few things:
    My laptop has a Sony Ericsson GC79 Wireless Modem (GPRS) WiFi combo card. I use the GPRS with a separate T-Mobile SIM card (yes it has it's own number).
    I attempted to connect via the wireless modem and it too would not connect. I tried a few other things like swap sims etc. however, nothing changed. A few hours later I tried to connect with my 650 and viola! no problems. -No reset either, not even a soft reset. Just to be sure, I did the same thing with my wireless card on the ol' laptop - connected!.
    This is a T-Mobile Network issue NOT a Palm or Treo 650 issue. A hard reset would have been like placing an umbrella in a tree to keep the elephants from climbing them.
    Note: This problem seemed to be going on from 10PM-6AM (the only "Spare Time" I have). Probably server maintenance during "Off peek usage". Nothing CS Reps are ever notified about. I'll keep watching and post what else I find.
    MadMax
    it appears I have no problem in NYC
    ipaq RX3115 tethered on nokia 6230
    i had a similar issue for about an hour on wednesday or thursday early evening. it went away.
    I've had similar problems for up to a week at a time in Northern California. I think a lot of it is due to T-Mo network issues. Wish they woiuld announce outages and slowdowns in advance via e-mail. They know where their customers homes are.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  6.    #6  
    T-Mobile tier 3 data CS told me I should get my sim card replaced since data settings are located on the sim card. This was a waste of time. I got the sim card replaced at a store, but data speeds are still lagging. I believe its a network issue since we're all experiencing slower speeds.
    Odd!
    Cingular's GPRS/EDGE has been slow for the last week as well. Terrible performance at around 10-15kbps (Used to 120kbps+ with EDGE)
    Check out the speed test results:
    http://text.dslreports.com/mspeed?results=1
    Make sure you IGNORE the xiino tests (they don't count because the proxy tricks the test.) but do look at any results with Blazer 4.0 in them.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
  8.    #8  
    TaylorH and others---Are you in California? Trying to understand why T-Mo and Cingular data has been slow the last 7days. The only thing that makes sense is Cingular and T-Mo shares networks in CA and NV. They have their own switchs, but use the same towers and base stations.
    i'm getting it too fellas, los angeles here.
    I was in San Diego last week, and everything was working fine. Got back to the SF Bay Area, and have been experiencing extremely slow data connection speeds since Monday. In some cases, I get the "page download cannot be completed" error. The only way I've been getting around it is to use reverse DUN via BT. Ugh. Hope they fix this soon.
    "Once a new technology rolls over you, if you're not part of the steamroller, you're part of the road." - Stewart Brand
    I have the same problems in Los Angeles. Called TMo's customer service and got a confirmation that a trouble ticket has already been generated for the issue and they are working on it. No ETA.
    Not the first time they've had network problems. Looks toi me like they are having growth problems with network traffic volume, maybe also configuration. Hope they can get this fixed quickly.
    Shneor
    Quote Originally Posted by Hengie
    TaylorH and others---Are you in California? Trying to understand why T-Mo and Cingular data has been slow the last 7days. The only thing that makes sense is Cingular and T-Mo shares networks in CA and NV. They have their own switchs, but use the same towers and base stations.
    Yes, in northern California (San Jose, CA area.) I've been busily posting on all of the many threads complaining about the exact same problem and I agree this might point to something if the TMo and Cingular towers are all still shared.
    Everyone in California on Cingular and TMobile are saying the data is super slow. I'm talking like 18kbps.
    I did notice this afternoon it has picked up considerably to 50-80kbps, but still not close to the 100-150kbps average (depending on the time of day) I was getting on Cingular EGDE a few weeks ago.

If TMobile has a ticke open and is working on it, then whatever the problem is will end up solving Cingular's issue too I believe (assuming the problems are related.) I called Cingular and they said they had no open issues but admitted they could be working on it without notifying Customer Support.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Odd!
    Cingular's GPRS/EDGE has been slow for the last week as well. Terrible performance at around 10-15kbps (Used to 120kbps+ with EDGE)
    This is very interesting. I just yesterday (Friday) got a t-mobile SIM, and dslreports is telling me today that I'm only seeing about 10kbps here in Sunnyvale (well, in places where there's coverage anyway).

How disappointing as I was so eager to try out this 100kbps+ that I keep hearing about. I hope t-mobile and/or Cingular get this straightened out soon! My old Palm VII and i705 felt faster than what I'm experiencing on t-mobile at the moment (and it basically was: 9.6kbps with fewer round trip packets because of the way web clipping worked).
    The editor of http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com/ (on the AT&T wireless forum) that Cingular knows about the problem and their engineers are working on it. Since it's T-Mobile and Cingular I guess that means that the two companies are working on it jointly somehow.

I don't think you'll get 100kbps+ on T-Mobile. T-Mobile has not rolled out EDGE yet, they only support GPRS which is limited to about 35kbps at best (my average was about 31kbps on the Treo 600.)
    Cingular (and AT&T wireless) do support EDGE which gets you that 100kbps+ speed.
    Strange that Cingular and T-Mobile use the same towers (In california) yet TMob doesn't support EDGE yet. For that reason I'm sure that when they do roll out EDGE it'll already be in place here in California.

So if you want that 100kbps you'll have to wait until lat summer for T-Mobile to roll out EDGE, or quick cancel and go over to Cingular.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    That issue has been discussed a million times. You do get EDGE if you're a T mobile user in the SW United States even though T mobile has not deployed EDGE nationally yet because until recently T mobile and Cingular shared the network infrastructure there and that network is EDGE capable which is all the T650 cares about to achieve EDGE speeds. In the speed tests threads plenty of T mobile users have crowed about their EDGE access in CA until this slowdown happened. These reports of slow data speeds in the past week seem to coincide with T mobile and Cingular dissolving their network sharing agreement because Cingular doesn't need it anymore. T mobile has purchased it outright and Cingular is moving all of its customers to ATTWS towers. It seems in the huge shuffle that that must be, network problems have cropped up.
    Last edited by ultip; 03/27/2005 at 06:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ultip
    That issue has been discussed a million times. You do get EDGE if you're a T mobile user in the SW United States even though T mobile has not deployed EDGE nationally yet because until recently T mobile and Cingular shared the network infrastructure there and that network is EDGE capable which is all the T650 cares about to achieve EDGE speeds.
    My bad, I did not know you could get EDGE on T-Mobile, but what you said makes perfect sense. Never heard this before, but again I never pay attention to T-Mobile threads. All I ever hear is talk abot when T-Mobile will roll out EDGE. Thanks for the correction.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    T-Mo sppears appears to be faster this morning in Sac, back to normal.
    Shneor
    Still slower than ever in San Jose, Mountain View, and Santa Clara.
    Most pages, even 10kB and smaller wan't even fully load, I'll get about 2.5k or so and it'll time out. I can't even run the mobile speed test either.
    It's getting worse here.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    I live in SE Wisconsin and haven't been able to access data on my 600 for the last week. I called T Mobile and was told that they are having network ( GPRS ) problems and that their engineers are working to fix the issue. This is now going on the second week. Very disappointing. I have also been over-billed and recently encountered a couple of rude reps. All of this has been very unlike my previous experience with T Mobile.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast