Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Network problems are back today. Grrrrrrr!
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    At thome I still get about 10kbps. South San Jose, CA
    My wife's work about 10kbps or less. Mountain View, CA
    At work, about 25-30kbps. Santa Clara, CA
    All 3 places within about a 10-15 miles of each other.
    This is consistent with how it has been for the last 3 weeks and it's stil the same today. I'm still patiently awaiting to hear from Cingular regarding my 'trouble ticket.' Not that I believe my trouble ticket is in any way going to directly impact them fixing it, I'm just curious about what kind of response/explination I get and when.

Again, I'm on Cingular but in california T-Mobile and Cingular share the same pipes. AT&T wireless people are on different towers.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    taylorh, perhaps you can ask Cingular what they did to fix things in SoCal and when they expect the propogate the fix to Norcal. Since Monday I been getting anywhere from 100-130 kbps, whereas before I was like everyone else, crawling along at 20-50 kbps.

I know this doesnt help but at least you know that Cingular did something down here to improve matters.

Hang in there!
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Yeah, in Southern California the GPRS has been messed up in some places. In Woodland Hills, it was unstable for the passed few days but fine in Alhambra. But now, it seems to have improved.
    Palm III -> Sony Clie 73V + Sony Ericsson 610 -> Sony Ericcson P900 -> Nokia 6600 + IPAQ 4150 -> Treo 650 -> BenQ P50 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> HTC Titan (Sprint Mogul)
    Quote Originally Posted by buirus
    taylorh, perhaps you can ask Cingular what they did to fix things in SoCal and when they expect the propogate the fix to Norcal. Since Monday I been getting anywhere from 100-130 kbps, whereas before I was like everyone else, crawling along at 20-50 kbps.

I know this doesnt help but at least you know that Cingular did something down here to improve matters.

Hang in there!
    I think it depends where you are. The OC guys in the other thread say that things are still messed up in So. Cal. Appearently Cingular and TMobile are working on it. I guess it's a fairly large problem and for all we know they need to buy/install equipment to fix it.
    I believe this started happening when TMobile took ownership of the network. My **GUESS** is that one day Cingular took their internet connections and routers off the EDGE network (since it's now TMobile's responsibility) and either didn't tell TMobile they had to now compensate for it or TMobile simply hadn't added enough bandwidth. It's probabally taking them some time to figure this out, then they need to order up some bandwidth, routers, and build out that infrastucture to replace what Cingular was handling.

THis is my imagination running wild, but if you think about it, it's a perfectly good explination.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    It's still spotty in Northern California. For example, I had about 60% of a 625kb file download in a few seconds - then it just hung forever. I finally gave up. That's been happening a lot today. Sure hope they deal with it expeditiously, it's been too long.
    Shneor
    This is a little off topic but has anyone who is using a 650 on T-Mobile experienced freezes followed by drops of the data connection? I have been plagued by this from day one of using the GSM 650 and neither changing the SIM card nor the Treo seemed to help. I have the T-Mobile VPN service.
    This has been happening to me for the past couple of weeks. And data is still very slow. It's time to complain to T-Mobile. Enough is enough.
    Shneor
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Today, in Oakland CA: I have an Unlocked Treo 650 with an older 32k Cingular SIM which lets me manually select networks. I normally have it set to ATT/Cingular, as it has a stronger signal at home.

Within the last week, I've noticed that "ATT/Cingular" is now listed as "Cingular" instead. So my network choices are "Cingular" or "Cingular" (the second one being the old ATT towers).

As I understand it, the Cingular network has been sold to TMobile here, so they are now managing it.

Here are my results using http://text.dslreports.com/mspeed using the 100k test

ATT ( 4 bars signal) :
    98, 116, 102 (average = 105 kbit/sec)

Cingular (2-3 bars signal):
    failed, failed failed. (Would load between 5 and 25k of data then stall completely, timing out).

Something is definitely wrong with the Cingular side.
    Can any T-Mobile people chime in here and let me know if the speeds are back to normal? It is for me on Cingular, so I'm curious if it's back to normal for you.
    I'm getting consistent tests of 105kbps on 50k tests, and 140kbps on 200K tests.
    http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    200K: 36kb/sec, 2.034 latency, 45.498s d/l time
    50K: 30 kb/sec, 2-656 latency, 15.827s d/l time
    Shneor
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Today: In Oakland CA: I have an Unlocked Treo 650 with an older 32k Cingular SIM which lets me manually select networks. I normally have it set to ATT/Cingular, as it has a stronger signal at home.

Here are my results using http://text.dslreports.com/mspeed using the 100k test

ATT (solid 4 bars signal) :
    112, 93, 93, 96 (average = 99 kbit/sec)

Cingular (fluctuating 1-2 bars signal):
    28, 29, 75, and 65 (average = 49 kbit/sec)

Yesterday the Cingular/Orange tests failed completely, so something has improved. The variability in speeds today is probably due to the poor signal strength.
    I seem to be having connecting today in So. Cal. via T-Mobile. Anyone else having the same problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    I seem to be having connecting today in So. Cal. via T-Mobile. Anyone else having the same problem?
    No problems in NorCal. good speed.
    Shneor
    Looks like isolated problem. Drove out 5mi, and I am connected again.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12