Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Has anyone actually gotten the BT DUN working with the new Cing update?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    8.2MB to 12.6MB (yay!)

Small issues with work vs. home KeyContacts hotsync stuff, but it wasn't anything that BackupBuddy VFS couldn't deal with.

My method:

* New BB-VFS checkpoint
    * Backup to card with BB-VFS
    * Hotsync
    * Remove card
    * Hard-reset, new profile, etc..
    * Upgrade
    * Hotsync to restore
    * Insert card
    * BB-VFS restore

All good!

Yay!
    Faster by far. 167kbps, at least 50% faster.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    wow...dataspeeds seem to be improved quite a bit for a lot of users..i have a non-problematic phone with tons of memory left, but might consider updating just for the increase in dataspeeds.
    One thing I did notice that did not get fixed is the system sound volume problem - ie:

1. Set the system volume to OFF in prefs.
    2. Go to voicerec or some other sound using application like realplayer.
    3. keyclicks and system sounds will now be ON
    4. Go to prefs, and system sounds show OFF, even though they are ON.

Oh well. That's a minor annoyance, but it's an annoyance nevertheless.

-Clint
    Went from 1.28ROW to 1.31CNG on a locked Cingular phone.

Did it twice so the software version (1.15) would reflect correctly.

Did not use hotsync - cancelled out and used BackupBuddyVFS. Worked like a champ. Got another 1MB to boot!
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Had 1.21/1.04 (yes, an odd combination - but it worked fine for me). Updated once and got 1.31/1.04; updated a second time and am now correctly at 1.31/1.15

Restored from BackupMan and no problems that I can tell so far.

Question: How do I get rid of the temporary usernames? I deleted the folders, but those names still show as choices on things. I see them stored in users.dat, but am not sure how to safely edit them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by AddictedToTech
    ...Question: How do I get rid of the temporary usernames? I deleted the folders, but those names still show as choices on things. I see them stored in users.dat, but am not sure how to safely edit them out.
    Launch the Palm Desktop. There is a user management feature in one of the menus that will let you delete user IDs.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    My upgrade went OK except for a couple things:

1. I lost all pictures from the Media app (they had all been in phone memory)

2. Since upgrading, I get an error message from Progect every time I open it: "Can't open Memo database". Despite this error, it seems to work fine. Anyone know how to fix it?
    I did the Cingular update and for the most part, it was a breeze. I followed the instructions to the letter and had no issues throughout the whole process. After the update, I went through my Treo to make sure everything loaded back into it during the HotSync. It did. I did an internet speed test and got a result of 145 through Blazer.

I did notice one thing... my LED seems to be stuck on solid orange. I tried to change it to "leave as is" through Butler but the "as is" is a solid orange. Any ideas?

Drew
    Nevermind... I re-installed Butler and all is OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by scavynger
    noone is mentioning any improvements in sound.

Those who did the upgrade and had sound problems before, are they fixed?
    Its tough to say, ive only made a couple calls and my service is usually good here at work. But the sound post-upgrade has been 100% awesome. Maybe its just placebo effect.... We'll see as I drive too class and home from there.....
    Any battery drain issues with this update?
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I'm starting to wonder about that.

My Treo is at 69% battery right now (I use the extended 2200 battery) and I've hardly used it today. Chatter has been off line all day. I've done several hot syncs (testing software) and resets and have powered on and off alot so that might explain it.

Normally with Chatter online all day I don't fall below 50% for an entire day.

It's probably too ealry to say. I need to put it through a normal day (where I only sync once or twice) and see what happens. That'll be tomorrow.
    process went smooth
    result is successful, even tho its seems as if nothing ever changed.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Ive been messing with mine all freaking day, but it is lower than normal. After a couple days of more normal use I should be able to report more.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    Ive been messing with mine all freaking day, but it is lower than normal. After a couple days of more normal use I should be able to report more.
    heh, that sounded dirty.....
    Bluenomad tech support responded in an email that it is not necessary to disable/uninstall Backupbuddy before running the update. An earlier post in this thread claimed the opposite.

Has anyone had success, or problems, with Backupbuddy? Thanks for any advice.
    Last edited by horatio8; 07/26/2005 at 07:03 PM.
    Went from 5.4 to 11.6 in memory! Some of it seems to come from a dramatic decrease in my ContactsDB-PAdd database (lots of contacts and I use Agendus) but clearly there were a lot of other things that got cleaned up. So far all my apps work and things seem pretty snappy. Maybe I can even move some of my apps back to memory from my card. I use BackupMan and had no problem with the upgrade......
    Why the heck did someone resurrect this thread to talk about this update? The first 7 pages are talking about the update from March!
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast