Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    I complained about all the resets. I just recieved a replacement on friday. I now have FW: 01.15 SW: Treo650-1.06-ROW HW: A
    So far no more resets (two days and counting).
    My results are consistent with everyone elses:

Free memory went from 6.9M to 8.3M

dsl speed reports went from the low 70s to 138 on my first test.

I have never, ever had a speed over 76 . . . .

Very happy camper so far! . . .
    I just updated my 1.02 CNG phone. The update did not start automaticaly, I had to manually run the dc app to get it to work.

After the hot sync my address book, contacts, memos and tasks failed to restore. I set the Entourage (I'm a Mac user) conduit to have entourage do a one-time overwrite of the handheld and now everything is back.

I did have to re-install the shadowmite DUN patch as well.
    The firmware flashing went fine, but I was not able to restore my old data. The way the Mac OS Palm Desktop's backups are stored caused the Treo to run out of memory on backup. I ended up moving the old backups out of the way, and re-installing everying by hand. It took a few hours, but I'm back in business.

I noticed a bit more RAM, but I'm not sure if it's due to some orphans being gone, or to the new firmware.

I have noticed a few more resets since I updated. Mostly when inserting/ejecting an SD card. I disabled my card eject sound in Lightwav, and the resets _seem_ to have stopped.
    Newton 120 -> Newton 2000 -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Prism -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 (Cingular | Unlocked)
    Redford, MI
    cplater AT gmail DOT com
    Pretty sure CNG=Cingular CNB=AT&T
    Quote Originally Posted by kalelrojin
    I complained about all the resets. I just recieved a replacement on friday. I now have FW: 01.15 SW: Treo650-1.06-ROW HW: A
    So far no more resets (two days and counting).
    Who is your wireless provider?
    Update went well. I did notice that my background for my schedule summary was missing after the restore.
    My upgrade went almost fine.

For some reason, I didn't really believe that I needed my power cord (which I left at home). When the Treo started incessantly asking me to plug it in, I ran down to the local Cingular store and used the cord plugged into one of their demo phones.

Some things of note in my Mac OS X install: I couldn't find the file "CNGMac.pdb" to delete prior to the final Hotsync. Also all my files were named slightly different - "AAAChecker_deDE.prc" instead of "AAACheckerApp_deDE.prc." It didn't seem to make any difference.
    sunil
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Did ya do the 3 step adjustment.....it's in another thread and it's been while since I did mine but IIRC, ya gotta:

1. Adjust the ringer volume w/ rocker, quickly hit side button to lock
    2. Make a call, adjust earpiece volume w/rocker, quickly hit side button to lcok
    3, Put on speaker phone, adjsut volume w/ rocker, quickly hit side button to lock

If ya slow, and don't get the button before the image disappears it defaults back to old level.
    Yes, I saw this thread and have done this. (I wouldn't want to risk the noodle lashings others get when they don't search )

My issue is that my handset earpiece volume is barely loud enough in quiet surroundings when its at the highest level.

I am really hoping that the firmware update will mysteriously fix this problem...

-John
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyd13
    My upgrade went almost fine.

For some reason, I didn't really believe that I needed my power cord (which I left at home). When the Treo started incessantly asking me to plug it in, I ran down to the local Cingular store and used the cord plugged into one of their demo phones.

Some things of note in my Mac OS X install: I couldn't find the file "CNGMac.pdb" to delete prior to the final Hotsync. Also all my files were named slightly different - "AAAChecker_deDE.prc" instead of "AAACheckerApp_deDE.prc." It didn't seem to make any difference.
    Why do you need to delete the CNGMAC.pdb file? Was this discussed earlier in the thread?
    On a Mac PB15 OSX 10.3.8

I had to manually run the firmware and software updaters. It did not launch automagically. Each reset produced insufficient memory errors. I removed the files from the Treo and the Backup folders. It was not painless but it is done now. PM me if you need additional info or assistance.

MM
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    You shouldn't have anything to worry about. I probably wasn't very clear in my post. Generally you should never have the need to change the conduit for "Backup".
    Everything will transfer back to your treo after the upgrade when you hotsync.
    millerhifi, thanks for your patience and understanding. So basically you are saying that as long as my contacts, calendar, etc. are set to 'Synchronize the files', I will be ok after the upgrade.
    Yes. If it makes you feel more comfortable, make a copy of your Palm hot sync folder. This way you will have a back up copy.
    Program files> palmone>user folder (name)>right click and copy this to your desktop.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    Yes. If it makes you feel more comfortable, make a copy of your Palm hot sync folder. This way you will have a back up copy.
    Program files> palmone>user folder (name)>right click and copy this to your desktop.
    Will this copy all of the entries in my contacts, calendar, etc. in lieu of buying a backup program?
    This will make a back up copy of everything but I still recommend a back up software. It's a small price to pay especially when you out on the road without your pc handy and need to restore something.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I experienced the same good results after upgrading that many others have experienced. My available memory went from 10.1MB to 12.3MB. I am averaging a speed of 145kbit thru DSL Reports. Before I never went past the 80s. The overall feeling is that my Treo is now operating faster.
    do i need to install the java software on dsl reports to get the speed test to work? (don't mean to hijack)
    Ran the firmware update with no issues (didn't have any before). Memory increased slightly. No performance issues other than i had to re-pair my BT headset.
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    I had a perfect 650. After 7 months on this board, I finally bit the bullet and took the chance with Cingular. Everything was perfect. Not a problem. I decided to do the firmware upgrade a few days ago and everything hit the fan. The process to upgrade was simple. The results were terrible. Fortunitly, I planned for such an problem and did a hard reset and then a restore from Backupbuddy VFS. This proved to be my saving grace. I would highly recommend purchasing BB and saving a good checkpoint (restore point) prior to doing this upgrade. I have not had any problems since I re-imaged my 650.
    Did BBVFS restore all files? or did it give errors for some files during restore?

I'm in the same situation (restored from SD card using BBVFS to a checkpoint after firmware update but before Voicedial install).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast