Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    the update went well for me, but I lost Voice Dial ?? ...
    Oh, I hadn't noticed that. I would have been really irritated to find that out later...

Re-installing VoiceDial takes me down to 12.6 MB available, unless I can get it to run off the SD Card.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Is it enough to change the Hotsync action (current and default) of BBuddy to "Do Nothing" (Right-click Hotsync icon in the systray, Custom etc etc) ? Or is there some more elaborate/complete way to disable BB?

What's the original Backup conduit entry in the Hotsync setup? I don't see one
    You cannot simply disable BackupBuddy - if you dd, you will wind up with NO files installed after you flash.

BB replaces the original Backup conduit with its own. You need to uninstall BB and either let it roll back the files it replaced when installed, or follow the removal with a reinstall of the original Palm Desktop (which will repair the missing conduit).

Once you're done upgrading, you can reinstall BB, and as long as you put it back in the same directory it was in previously, it will recognise your previous backups and pick up where it left off.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Had a perfectly good 650, now after update only reset loop.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    You need to uninstall BB and either let it roll back the files it replaced when installed, or follow the removal with a reinstall of the original Palm Desktop (which will repair the missing conduit).

Once you're done upgrading, you can reinstall BB, and as long as you put it back in the same directory it was in previously, it will recognise your previous backups and pick up where it left off.
    Thanks for the help !! This is the kind of community participation that makes TC invaluable.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    Had a perfectly good 650, now after update only reset loop.
    Before or after restoring your original applications? Does a hard reset help?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Did installing this patch screw up anyone's use of DUN? DId it disable the hack, if installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Well I got good news and bad news:

2. Navigation slighly different as holding down menu button now cycles between categories for example.
    My treo already does this!

I have an unlocked GSM and obviously without any patches. Got it in Feb.
    Firmware 1.14
    Software 1.05
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    2. Navigation slighly different as holding down menu button now cycles between categories for example. New graphic when searching for signal.
    Mine already did that, too.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    The update went fine but I had to reinstall my Java Runtime. All else seems to be fine.

Edit:

I also lost my Bluetooth pairing.... Sorry, I didn't realize this until I was in my vehicle. Re-paired it and all is fine.
    Last edited by Bit_Surfer; 03/20/2005 at 08:44 AM.
    RF is a wonderful thing.
    My update went without a hitch as well, although I was VERY reticent to do this as I had no issues from the get-go and 6 weeks of use. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" has always been one of my mottos! The only thing I had to do was re-pair my Treo bluetooth headset. It actually now connects much quicker with the 650; just this side of instantaneous!
    Anyone know why this isn't avaialable for sprint and when it will be?
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by paulshu
    Anyone know why this isn't avaialable for sprint and when it will be?
    It's a Cingular-specific patch, and won't be available for Sprint - ever. I presume at some point there will be a patch for Sprint to address whatveer non-GSM issue are dealt with in this patch.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH...i should have left well enough alone. My treo had been great for the last few weeks but of course I had to screw with it. I think the upgrade went ok. Is it supposed to leave all of the upgrade files (pdb and prf) files on the treo?

Now whenever i do a hotsync I am asked to reset my treo.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Mine Failed. Even though I have 9MB free, after the install and reboot, the thing says "Not Enough Memory to Complete Operation" and leaves with 1.02CNG. Anyone else having this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbot45
    Mine Failed. Even though I have 9MB free, after the install and reboot, the thing says "Not Enough Memory to Complete Operation" and leaves with 1.02CNG. Anyone else having this issue?
    Lesson learned from the 600 update days...

backup your treo

hard reset

do the update under a new user name..."install" or something like that

hard reset after update

restore under regular user ID
    I was having no issues before upgrading the firmware (I had the 64 A SIM Card -- no voicemail issues ever -- 7MB free memory). All went very well. I only had to reload the BLUETOOTH DUN PATCH and reconfigure it (as per www.shadowmites.com instructions on his website). I got 2MB more memory available and the TREO appears to be running faster. Took 30 minutes to do everything, but worth it.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Thanks, That worked. Should I reapply the Bluetooth patch or does this update already have it installed?

-Bigbot

Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Lesson learned from the 600 update days...

backup your treo

hard reset

do the update under a new user name..."install" or something like that

hard reset after update

restore under regular user ID
    The Cingular firmware upgrade seems to have worked fine for me. I had 6.8mb free (according to both FileZ and Palm Launcher).

It took about 20 mins from the time I backed up the Treo via BackupMan, then did a Hotsync before downloading the PalmFirmware upgrader. Then I disabled all the 3rd party stuff (e.g., Graffiti Anywhere, KB LightsOff, KeyCaps600, LaunchThis!, PalmPuke, TreoAlarm, etc.). Then I unzipped the upgrader and followed the onscreen instructions. Once it was done, I did a Hotsync and got one error (Not enough memory to complete the operation! It choked on the final file -- Treo_650_Release.PDB… which was fine because that was one of the updater files.

I re-enabled all the 3rd party stuff and forced a soft reset (via Initiate) just to clear the cobwebs, and everything was back to original, including free RAM of 6.8mb (I didn’t know I could hold my breath for so long!).

The phone info screen shows firmware and software updated. And all apps seem to be working fine.
    I did the update as well. I had to re-install Shadowmite's DUN patch, but everything seems to be working.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Reset loop would start toward the end after the treo got the backup installed. Hard reset would take me back to factory settings and would work. After hotsyncing to my original username it would go into continuous reset loop again. Finally I just created a new username and installed everything manually to the new username. All is fine now.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast