Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 289
  1. #241  
    My 650 was very unstable but since I upgraded to the latest zLauncher I have had no soft results.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  2. #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    My 650 was very unstable but since I upgraded to the latest zLauncher I have had no soft results.
    Soft reuslts? Soft resets?
  3. #243  
    LOL....yeah....resets!
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  4. #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by JCB
    Yes, you will for a full year after your purchase. Happened to me: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=92157.

    I dared to update my replacement and gained llike 4megs of memory and everything seems to be working fine. I find my treo working more swiftly. I am truly annoyed with the screen blacking out automatically. I also find that that Volume Care worked better with the previous version. The volume level is lower on all instances.
    So you DID update your replacement, and all is well so far? (Besides lower volume?)
  5. #245  
    Quote Originally Posted by JCB
    Yes, you will for a full year after your purchase. Happened to me: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=92157.

    I dared to update my replacement and gained llike 4megs of memory and everything seems to be working fine. I find my treo working more swiftly. I am truly annoyed with the screen blacking out automatically. I also find that that Volume Care worked better with the previous version. The volume level is lower on all instances.
    Try the new version of VolumeCare (4.07). It is improved and has new features that targets volume adjustments for non-phone applications very well now.

    Also, ProfileCare will stop the dimming and resetting of the Auto Off feature too.

    Jeff
  6. #246  
    Well, after a while of my treo being idle as a consequence of the automatic shut down feature of the update, my treo shuts down completely and freezes at the time where it goes idle. The only way to bring my treo back is with a soft reset! For instance, this morning it froze at 8:01, when I checked at 1:00 pm. I am looking for help with this problem.
  7. #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Try the new version of VolumeCare (4.07). It is improved and has new features that targets volume adjustments for non-phone applications very well now.

    Also, ProfileCare will stop the dimming and resetting of the Auto Off feature too.

    Jeff
    Will Profile Care stop the auto off feature completely so my phone stops freezing, like I mentioned in my previous post?
  8. #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by JCB
    Well, after a while of my treo being idle as a consequence of the automatic shut down feature of the update, my treo shuts down completely and freezes at the time where it goes idle. The only way to bring my treo back is with a soft reset! For instance, this morning it froze at 8:01, when I checked at 1:00 pm. I am looking for help with this problem.
    Use your Treo more often!
  9. #249  
    I'm getting the freezing of the Treo 650 as well where it stops at a specific time. I do have ProfileCare. Is there anything I can do?
  10. #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by JCB
    Yes, you will for a full year after your purchase. Happened to me: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=92157.

    I dared to update my replacement and gained llike 4megs of memory and everything seems to be working fine. I find my treo working more swiftly. I am truly annoyed with the screen blacking out automatically. I also find that that Volume Care worked better with the previous version. The volume level is lower on all instances.
    Finally broke down and requested a replacement from Cingular. Not too tough.

    Came next day (after paying and extra $7) WITHOUT ANY PACKAGING / PACKING. My UPS driver handed me the box and I thought I was in Ace Ventura for a minute? Heard the 650 banging around in the box! Nice.... Oddly enough, unit was fine (cosmetically anyway) but my laptop would not recognize the device and therefore unit would not HotSync! Rebooted and did a soft reset, no go. Called Cingular, no help (they thought is was the cable! since I had already wiped my "old" 650-it synced with the rep still on the line, with no problem!) so they are sending me another one. They wanted me to "go to the nearest cingular store...." to test the hardware of use another PC!

    I think I will skip the 8/25 firmware update? Which is what caused all this trouble......

    Pilot5000>PalmIII>PalmVIIx>Treo300>I300>Treo270>Treo600>Treo650GSM
  11. #251  
    Quote Originally Posted by JCB
    Will Profile Care stop the auto off feature completely so my phone stops freezing, like I mentioned in my previous post?

    Thanks Jeff. Downloaded Profile Care and solved my problem. Working nicely.
  12. #252  
    Recieved second replacement phone yesterday morning (has 1.15CNG 1.31 firmware, first replacement had 1.14 I think?) I think it was a refurb. unlike the first one, works fine so far. Everything synced, no problem, so far no resets (first 24 hours)

    I hope the nightmare, which has gone on since March, is now OVER?
  13. #253  
    Swifty,
    Hope it works out well. Keep us posted, especially if it freezes/slows to a crawl.
  14. #254  
    I have had nothing but problems since updating. Let me qualify my post with these statements:
    1. I have no additional programs installed.
    2. I have not attempted to unlock the phone. It is as I received it from the factory.
    3. The memory issue was of no concern to me as my phone worked fine with the factory loaded programs.
    4. I work for a technology company and understand firmware updating. I have updated some of my home automation equipment via telnet close to 200 times during beta testing. I think I have a pretty good understanding of how to do updates but, of course could have made a mistake during the Treo update process. I followed the Palm instructions from teh website.
    5. I don't feel like I should have to install third-party aps just to use the phone the way it was intended.
    6. While the phone was far from perfect before updating (constant soft reboots and low volume on calls), now I have the following problems:

    a. Versamail does not know what mail is read, new, old, unread, etc. Everytime I get new mail, it wants to download everything. I know my settings are correct to only download new mail from the previous day.
    b. Twice, Versamail crashed, soft reboot, deleted my account I set up from my company and deleted all the mail. Frustrating!
    c. The Adobe PDF program that was supplied with the Treo software no longer works. Everytime I try to open a PDF I get a soft reboot and get a message about unable to beam document.
    d. The Excel program that was supplied with the Treo software does not recognize values greater than 3 digits. It also does not understand an.xls file that uses autocalculation. The fields show up as ####
    e. The auto screen off after 30secs is annoying as sometimes it will soft reset by itself when trying to turn the screen back on.
    f. Call volume has not been improved.
    g. What the hell is the "Get Goodlink" program? It is a pay service that I don't want and I want to delete the icon and associated overhead.
    h. Same thing with the Wrls EMail. Don't need it, don't want it.
    i. What are SIM Services? I get an error message, "Unable to retrieve the SIM Services menu. Either there are no SIM services provided by your mobile operator, or there was an error when talking to your SIM." IF this cannot be accessed, why is it there and can/should it be deleted?
    j. The keyboard entries onscreen cannot keep up with my typing speed either on SMS or email.
    k. Calls are dropped more than ever.

    I guess I need to start over with a new update process. The only data that is important is Outlook and I can retreive that upon HotSync. I would go back to the original firmware instead of this. I am sure there are posts about that if it is indeed possible. I would think the OS would have to be deleted and reinstalled first. Anyway, the phone is pretty much useless right now. I would welcome comments on whether I made mistakes or advice to improve the situation.
  15. #255  
    And still on the phone with Palm Tech Support...an hour and half later
  16. #256  
    NOT ACCEPTABLE FROM THESE COMPANIES LIKE PALM AND CINGULAR.
    What the f___ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    1. This 30 second power off is RIDICULOUS.

    2. Dropped calls consistently, which I never had before.

    3. Still reboots every time I "update" a contact. Was not fixed as promised by Palm Tech Support Level 2.

    4. Volume still sucks.
  17. #257  
    I had similar problems after using my Cingular Treo650 for 5 1/2 months. Phone kept locking up requiring soft-reset or taking the battery out. I upgrade to 1.15CNG -> same problem. Hard reset a few times. The phone would keep locking up at random. I called Cingular Support and he said the hardware seemed faulty ...?... after 5 1/2 months? I did not drop it, though. So he forwarded me to the Warrenty Dept. They sent out a new phone (same as mentioned above: no battery/sylus/battery cover/Sim cover). I returend the old unit. The new one is working fine so far... 3 days. No lock ups. Installed Chappura XT and LauncherX. No difficulties. I also am signing up for a devices replacemnet plan... $4.99/month. I guess I'll also have to re-unlock my phone. With all the trouble I've had and read about I almost wish I could "un-buy" my phone.
    No such thing, now that the prices have halved!
  18. #258  
    Quote Originally Posted by WittiDoc
    I had similar problems after using my Cingular Treo650 for 5 1/2 months. Phone kept locking up requiring soft-reset or taking the battery out. I upgrade to 1.15CNG -> same problem. Hard reset a few times. The phone would keep locking up at random. I called Cingular Support and he said the hardware seemed faulty ...?... after 5 1/2 months? I did not drop it, though. So he forwarded me to the Warrenty Dept. They sent out a new phone (same as mentioned above: no battery/sylus/battery cover/Sim cover). I returend the old unit. The new one is working fine so far... 3 days. No lock ups. Installed Chappura XT and LauncherX. No difficulties. I also am signing up for a devices replacemnet plan... $4.99/month. I guess I'll also have to re-unlock my phone. With all the trouble I've had and read about I almost wish I could "un-buy" my phone.
    No such thing, now that the prices have halved!
    I thought that the data devices weren't elidgable for the $4.99/month insurance. I asked several times about it and everyone told me the Treo didn't qualify.
  19. #259  
    Having just returned from a weeklong business trip where my updated Treo650 touch screen failed on the first day. Tech Support told me to do a hard reset (telling me that usually fixes most problems) which I did and I could not get past the screen calibration set-up. DUH! The touch element failed. They could not guarantee an overight delivery so I went and bought a GoPhone from the local Cingular store. $.10/minute and it worked... At least I had a phone. I received a replacement Treo 48 hours later. In the meantime, a friend of mine gave me the new iPAQ hw6515 running Windows Mobile 2003 to try. I think it is pretty awesome. GPS, EDGE, two card slots, backup battery, 1.3 mPixel camera, 64mB RAM, syncs PERFECTLY with my XP pro computer, logs onto the EDGE network in about 5-7 seconds, bluetooth, protective flip down tinted cover for the touchscreen. I am still learning about it! It does everything I want it to do. Setting it up was a piece of cake. Next week I am going to try a Treo700 prototype running Windows Mobile 5.0. As I have found, none are perfect but I like this Hp better than the 650 so far...
  20. #260  
    Oh yeah, and I plan to try the 6700 series and the Motorola Q as well.

Posting Permissions