Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
    Worked for me! Everything is exactly as it was when I started!
    Much longer DTMF tones after update.
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    ... this happened after the update. Anyone?
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    As I posted in another thread, the upgrade went fine this morning, but late this afternoon the keyboard just stopped working. I had to restart the Treo to get it going again. This NEVER happened before the update. It's only happened once so far, so I can only hope that it was just a fluke. Time will tell.
    Haven't had any issues after the upgrade except that DUN is not working despite having successfully paired the Treo with my PB which tells me that GPRS connection is now possible and tried all sorts of different set-ups I found in various threads in this forum. If anyone has successfully established a PPP connection via BT please post the settings.
    Finally made it work. The issue was the Modem Script. Who would think that the one for Treo 650 Cingular is the one that doesn't work....! Instead I used the Generic 3G CID1 and bingo, there we go...
    Settings:
    Account Name: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1
    Telephone Number: leave empty

that did it for me.
    If I had found this thread first, I am sure that I would never had tried the upgrade. Since I did not see it, and because I had zero memory left, I tried it. Because I had no available memory, I had to use the "alternate" procedure. While this procedure is error prone, if one gets it right, it works.

I got back about 8M of memory. That was worth the hassle and the risk.

The only application that did not survive the upgrade was Directory Assistant. When I selected DA, the system did a soft reset. After I thought about it, I recalled that DA is sensitive, particularly to hard resets. I also remembered the fix. Had to move DA from the card to the Treo, then uninstall (with the native uninstall, not LauncherX) and then re-install. I did lose all of the information that DA had saved. Of course, I did try to remove from the card with LauncherX.
    They said it would fix the "update contact" bug. IT DID NOT.

Any help surely appreciated.
    No luck here.....same problem as with 1.04 .... BackUpBuddy seems to have fudged the process. After completing the process, Treo restarted to continual resets. Had to hard reset, install BackUpBuddy VFS and restore from card. Since then every time I try and HotSync it gets to Synchronizing Memos and process hangs. Have Treo set to overwrite desktop for Memos and there is only 1 memo in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilliland
    As I posted in another thread, the upgrade went fine this morning, but late this afternoon the keyboard just stopped working. I had to restart the Treo to get it going again. This NEVER happened before the update. It's only happened once so far, so I can only hope that it was just a fluke. Time will tell.
    I had similar poor results after going through the update process a couple of weeks ago. Frequent soft resets, and keys freezing etc. What a pain. Did the first update a couple of months ago, was virtually trouble free performance after weeks of awful performance from factory package. T650 Cingular, Northern Ohio

Can I go back the the older version????? What can I do?
    you can't flash back to 1.04SW/1.05FW using the regular updater. Some hacker would have to find some way to do this.

Other than that, I've seen others who have gone to the 1.13SW/1.28FW using the Unlocked GSM update, and others who have done custom 1.13SW/1.31FW as well. I believe you have to have your phone unlocked if it is Cingular branded, but I'm not sure. Perhaps you could also try the older Beta 1.21 or 1.23 FW.

Good luck. 1.31 messed up my phone, so I never bothered to update my Firmware on my replacement unit.
    mistercoffee1,

Thanks very much.....stuck in Cingular updater hell I guess. Are people getting replacement phones from Cingular? Or only under the 15-30 day rule? Mine is 4 months old, so I assume I am SOL or gotta cough up the exchange vig?

Thanks again,

Swifty
    Pilot5000> PalmIII>Palm VIIx> StarTacs> Treo300>I300>Treo270>Treo600>Treo650 GSM
    Update went fine for me. I agree with others the the DTMF tones are longer. But what about the vibrate? It seems to vibrate a lot stronger. Is it just me? Anyone else notice this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric
    Much longer DTMF tones after update.
    Mine too...very annoying.

Gained a good bit of space though.
    Worked fine for me. I gained back about 4.5 MB of space. I run a few betas so I can't really say about stability.

Going to be loading it on my husband's 650 tonight, and he doesn't have any fun stuff loaded. Don't expect to have any issues with his either.
    Cingular GSM Treo 650, Apple PowerBook G4, iQue 3600, iPod Photo 60GB
    PalmPilot > Palm Vx > Palm M505 > Garmin iQue 3600 > Treo 650

Seek first to understand, then to be Understood
    Has anyone gotten directory assitant to work after the update. I heard the update breaks it.
    I have no problem with Directory Assistant (version 3.20) after the Cingular update (1.15)

Treo 650 - Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware:01.71
    Quote Originally Posted by ix0ye
    Has anyone gotten directory assitant to work after the update. I heard the update breaks it.
    It does. Uninstall using the (native) Palm (not a launcher) uninstall and then re-install.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifty2000
    mistercoffee1,

Thanks very much.....stuck in Cingular updater hell I guess. Are people getting replacement phones from Cingular? Or only under the 15-30 day rule? Mine is 4 months old, so I assume I am SOL or gotta cough up the exchange vig?

Thanks again,

Swifty
    Pilot5000> PalmIII>Palm VIIx> StarTacs> Treo300>I300>Treo270>Treo600>Treo650 GSM
    Yes, you will for a full year after your purchase. Happened to me: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=92157.

I dared to update my replacement and gained llike 4megs of memory and everything seems to be working fine. I find my treo working more swiftly. I am truly annoyed with the screen blacking out automatically. I also find that that Volume Care worked better with the previous version. The volume level is lower on all instances.
    My 650 was very unstable but since I upgraded to the latest zLauncher I have had no soft results.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)