Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast
  1.    #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo650Doug
    ... I did have the problem someone else had reported of the "power" key (Red) failing to turn the screen off. ...Anyone else experiencing this?
    Not quite. My issue was the power key not turning the power back on unless freshly plugged into AC power. Some kind of very weird conflict with PXAClocker. I can overclock only to 351 MHz instead of 468 MHz. Oh, well... I am working with PXAClocker tech support on this, but my expectations are not high.
    Last edited by westronic; 07/27/2005 at 12:20 PM.
    I am sticking with ROW software on my CNG phone. Way to many gremlin stories listed here for me to consider changing software. My Treo has been very stable over the last week and I would like to keep it that way.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I guess part of the moral of my story is to read and follow instructions

I did the upgrade without updating Handmark Express. When I tried to update the data in it after the upgrade it hung and I had to do a soft reset. After upgrading Handmark Express, all was OK.

My biggest bump was that I had to upgrade the Palm Desktop to 4.2.1B to do the second sync. That's because I have Apple Tiger 10.4.2 and the original CD desktop only supported Apple through Panther 10.3.X. It still occasionally hangs when attempting a sync and I have to reset to get the sync to work. I can quit the sync with the cancel button, but I can't get the sync to start until I do soft reset.

Now I have to re-enter my Ultralingua registration keys.
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    When I send a text message I ask for a return receipt. After the update I no longer receive the return receipt. Anyone having the same issue? I checked all my settings and have run several tests. Ideas???
    Go Bucks!
    I couldn't wait for CNB, so I used CNG and it works fine. 1.7M to 8.6M!
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    I am sticking with ROW software on my CNG phone. Way to many gremlin stories listed here for me to consider changing software. My Treo has been very stable over the last week and I would like to keep it that way.
    Can you please explain what the ROW software is?
    Quote Originally Posted by robpom
    Can you please explain what the ROW software is?
    Firmware for the unbranded GSM Treos.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Firmware for the unbranded GSM Treos.
    If I have a Cingular phone that is not working correctly after the update, will this software work on it? What are the disadvantages/advantages of using ROW?
    dgelfuso - did u do the install w 1.7 avail memory? An earlier thread indicated 15M is needed to install.
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric
    dgelfuso - did u do the install w 1.7 avail memory? An earlier thread indicated 15M is needed to install.
    You hard reset before the update.
    Correct. I am sharing the 6M increase in available memory from before I started the upgrade process until after I completed it.
    Now that DUN is enabled in the Cingular firmware, I don't see any big advantages to using ROW. I am back on CNG now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Now that DUN is enabled in the Cingular firmware, I don't see any big advantages to using ROW. I am back on CNG now.
    Plus the fact than the CNG update re-enables the side button to ignore calls, and you can assign custom WAV files to favorites and have them work as they are supposed to.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotmedic
    Similar issues here too - what can be done?
    I reinstalled a third time and so far no issues...everything seems to be working fine...a little more memory as well which does not make sense but then again, reinstall three times doesnt either.

rob
    I did the update with my unlocked Cingular 650 and things went very smooth. I got more memory which is about all I have noticed. The tones are a bit longer when you are on a call and hit a number which is anoying but not too bad. Directory Assistant quit working but otherwise everything seems the same.
    Hey guys,

Right now I am at:
    Firmware: 01.30
    software: Treo650-1.13-ROW

I am trying to install this latest update from Cingular and I'm getting that the updater isn't compatible with my device. I tried both the cnb and the cng and nothing seems to work.

HELPPPPP!!!

I have a locked Cingular phone and am a former ATTWireless customer.

Thanks,

Les
    I managed to install the update correctly, but my free space only went from 3.8MB to 5.8MB. What could be taking up so much space?

I launched Hand Zipper, and the only huge file is ImageLib_imageDB, which takes up 7MB! I don't have that many photos on here. Should it be that big? What can I do?
    Hi ljorges
    Your phone seems to have an odd setting on it if it is really a Treo 650 from ATT. It should not have ROW in the Phone info screen. Are you sure it has not had a custom ROM flashed to it? The installers only respond to the correct CNG or CNB ROMs or else they prevent installation.
    Upgrade went fine using Backupbuddy - one surprise is I didn't have to re-pair my bluetooth headset or my car handsfree link - went from about 8mb (with Blazer cache empty) to 13
    I did flash it with the 1.30 rom for the unlocked versions of the 650 a while back. Can I flash it back to a cingular rom and then upgrade?

If so, what rom and where would I find it?

Thanks for any help you or anyone is able to give,

Les