Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
    Since upgrading from 1.05, it doesn't seem to get along with Docs to go 7.006.

Volume is a hair lower (I had pretty decent volume with 1.05), so I may need to try VolumeCare finally.

Got one random crash today also.
    Hi

After updating the firmware on my Treo 650 Cingular, I've been having issues using the bluetooth headset... I have a Sony Erricson HBH 662

Does anyone else have this problem? More importantly - does anyone know how I can fix it?

It finds the bluetooth device, but doesn't seem to recognize it as a headset - so it treats it like a "trusted device", but not for the purposes for the phone...

Help!
    My upgrade went nice and easy!
    Went from 9.5 M to 14.7 M!
    Bluetooth went great!
    Battery is lasting longer!
    Not one single complaint!

Ya-Hooo
    Upgrade went great for me also!
    Went from 10.0mb to 18.0mb.
    Only one thing though, how can I get rid of the Goodlink stuff?
    Let me guess, I can't because it is in the ROM..lol
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Having some weird things happening...worst is that sometimes when I take a call, when the screen shuts down, the phone call ends as well. Not sure what that is about. I had the row version before I upgraded and had to go thru the process twice. I am trying for the third time...If it is still a problem, Im going back to row.

rob
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1
    Since upgrading from 1.05, it doesn't seem to get along with Docs to go 7.006.

Volume is a hair lower (I had pretty decent volume with 1.05), so I may need to try VolumeCare finally.

Got one random crash today also.
    Not sure what is happening there since 7.006 seems to work fine for me...I run it from my SD card. Also, my volume appears to be higher a bit as well.

Just my experiences so far

rob
    Got in my car after updating the Treo. My car (an Acura TL) has built-in bluetooth hands-free. The phone instantly rebooted itself about three times before stopping, I quickly turned off bluetooth, deleted previous pairings, and re-paired. Everything is working fine now.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    Not sure what is happening there since 7.006 seems to work fine for me...I run it from my SD card. Also, my volume appears to be higher a bit as well.

Just my experiences so far

rob
    I tried to follow Palm's directions, and downloaded the latest Docs to Go. What I did, however, was install it right over version 7.001 without uninstalling. I tried fully uninstalling from my computer and handheld, then reinstalled 7.006 - works fine now.
    As far as volume, either I imagine it being better before this, or it's the same - just not improved for me.
    Last edited by mistercoffee1; 07/26/2005 at 10:27 PM.
    Having some weird things happening...worst is that sometimes when I take a call, when the screen shuts down, the phone call ends as well. Not sure what that is about. I had the row version before I upgraded and had to go thru the process twice. I am trying for the third time...If it is still a problem, Im going back to row.

rob
    Similar issues here too - what can be done?
    I am having the same thing - calls drop when screen blanks out. Is there a way to make the screen stay on all the time?

Robert Pomerenk
    I cannot believe they have STILL not gotten the CNB updte loaded. They have the link but it is not working.
    Problem. After a soft reset, my phone will turn on fine, but the GPRS will not turn on automatically. I have Treoguard set to turn on the radio automatically, but something is wrong. It turns on when I enter a program that needs the GPRS on.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Argh, my Treo now seems to be resetting whenever a Diddlebug alarm is scheduled to go off. Can anyone else confirm this?

Also, any confirmation of the "Can't open Memo database" error on launch of Progect would be helpful to me.

Thanks!

LATER:

Hm, I hard-reset again and installed just Progect and DiddleBug, and neither of the problems are happening. Looks like I need to do a more careful rebuild instead of just HotSyncing all the old crap over.
    Last edited by stevenf; 07/27/2005 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Added more info
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    I cannot believe they have STILL not gotten the CNB updte loaded. They have the link but it is not working.
    The CNB link is active again and leads to a zip file, but it's still the CNG update!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I have a cing unlocked version 1.28 & 1.13 TRow update and
    I did the updater and now my firmware is version 01.31 but
    my software still reads 1.13ROW.

Everything else works fine. I did gain 2 MB of memory.
    The Helen Keller of Treo Central
    Quote Originally Posted by mark1107
    I have a cing unlocked version 1.28 & 1.13 TRow update and
    I did the updater and now my firmware is version 01.31 but
    my software still reads 1.13ROW.
    Several folk who have migrated from 1.13ROW to 1.15CNG have reported that they needed to do the update twice to get both the Software and Firmware versions updated.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Preliminary Report on upgrade. . . .

Process went fine no hitches.

I did, initially, notice a decrease in internet (dslreports) speed, but I think we MAY just be looking at normal network variations. My speed is back up to 123 this morning. Best I've seen in a while.

Also, after a couple of hours of fooling around with various programs and making several calls, I did have the problem someone else had reported of the "power" key (Red) failing to turn the screen off.

I had to do a soft reset to get it working again. I disabled TreoGuard for a while just see what happens. No reason to suspect it except that it is a program designed to activate/deactivate keys . . . I will report more on this later if I learn anything. . . . Anyone else experiencing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    Problem. After a soft reset, my phone will turn on fine, but the GPRS will not turn on automatically. I have Treoguard set to turn on the radio automatically, but something is wrong. It turns on when I enter a program that needs the GPRS on.
    My Treo has always behaved that way. Radio on => connected to Cingular voice network. GPRS connection (the data network) gets initiated when an application (like Blazer) needs it.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A

rob
    What is the row version?
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    My Treo has always behaved that way. Radio on => connected to Cingular voice network. GPRS connection (the data network) gets initiated when an application (like Blazer) needs it.
    Yeah... mine too with the original CNG firmware and with the ROW. I use Chatter and that will automatically start the GPRS connection when the phone comes up, but the phone doesn't do it by itself.

Brett