Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    After many voicemail problems with the Cingular T650 (and many hours with CS) we have determined that 1) of course you must have the Axalto SIM card (lots about this in other threads) and 2)YOU CANNOT USE SPEAKERPHONE TO ACCESS VOICEMAIL. This was causing the voicemail to "loop," asking alternately for your phone number and password, and then claiming that they don't match, even though calling from a land line they match perfectly (and voicemail is accessible). So thanks to the cingular CS guy I now realize another bug in the Treo 650 (Cingular). The voicemail works fine with either the normal handset mode or with a headset, just not speakerphone.

    moderator, please repost if there is an already existing thread on this--I couldn't find one.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew17
    After many voicemail problems with the Cingular T650 (and many hours with CS) we have determined that 1) of course you must have the Axalto SIM card (lots about this in other threads) and 2)YOU CANNOT USE SPEAKERPHONE TO ACCESS VOICEMAIL. This was causing the voicemail to "loop," asking alternately for your phone number and password, and then claiming that they don't match, even though calling from a land line they match perfectly (and voicemail is accessible). So thanks to the cingular CS guy I now realize another bug in the Treo 650 (Cingular). The voicemail works fine with either the normal handset mode or with a headset, just not speakerphone.

    moderator, please repost if there is an already existing thread on this--I couldn't find one.

    Set your voice mail to automatically use the password (you don't input it if you call from the cell, you still do if you call from a land line)...
    The speaker phone works great...

    This was a problem with the VM platform, not the 650, mine did this with the 650 and a landline...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetteguy
    Set your voice mail to automatically use the password (you don't input it if you call from the cell, you still do if you call from a land line)...
    The speaker phone works great...
    not sure what you mean/how to set it up. can you say more about this? thanks!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew17
    not sure what you mean/how to set it up. can you say more about this? thanks!
    nevermind, I got it working. you don't even have to enter spaces in the "extra digits" to delay the transmission; it seems to know when to dial them -- with "dial extra digits automatically" checked ON. what a relief. funny the cingular rep. thought it was another bug.
  5. #5  
    I had the same issue with the Voicemail and speaker phone. I reset my password a dozen times and still could not get into my voicemail. than I noticed i was able to get in when I was not using my speaker phone. So I tested it with the speaker to max and voila I was stuck in the VM loop like you described. Went off speaker phone and the PIN took.
  6. #6  
    That voicemail update patch didn't fix this problem?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  7. #7  
    I'm now on my 5th replacement and still same Sh___ is happening. Constant loop asking for PCS number and password. Ridiculous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. #8  
    You're replacing your phone because of the voicemail system? wtf.
  9. #9  
    This isn't a Treo specific problem. It happens with many speaker phones. What happens is the mic hears the tones being sent to the voicemail system. Therefore, the voicemail system hears the tones twice. Once as they're pushed by you, or sent automatically and a second time through the mic.

    This causes the vm system to be confused. Just don't use speaker phone to check voicemail. Or turn off the dialing tones and use the speaker phone.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetteguy
    Set your voice mail to automatically use the password (you don't input it if you call from the cell, you still do if you call from a land line)...
    The speaker phone works great...

    This was a problem with the VM platform, not the 650, mine did this with the 650 and a landline...
    Hoping (hopelessly) not to appear too ignorant, a couple of questions:

    1. With Cingular, I'm ALWAYS asked for my password when I dial in from my cell - is that a setting I can change while on the cell?

    2. What is the magic key combo to call Cingular VM from a land line? What do you have to press to interrupt the "leave a VM" prompt? Thanks in advance for your patience and experience...
    David
  11. #11  
    1. One of the options in voicemail set up is "skip password." With this option on you never have to enter your password when calling your voicemail from your cell phone. However, I think it's region specific. It doesn't seem to work for everyone.

    2. Just dail your phone number and while your greeting is playing press the * key.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    1. One of the options in voicemail set up is "skip password." With this option on you never have to enter your password when calling your voicemail from your cell phone. However, I think it's region specific. It doesn't seem to work for everyone.

    2. Just dail your phone number and while your greeting is playing press the * key.
    It must be region specific (skip password), because it isn't offered in any of my administrative options. I'll try to go down to a (shudder) Cingular store and see if they can help me with it from their end. Thanks for the tip on #2 - I was stupidly calling the "generic" VM number pre-programmed into my phone - rather than my own cell phone #. Silly me - works fine now
    David
  13. #13  
    im using Cingular 650 locked....i have no problems with VM on speakerphone....in fact its the only way i ever check it....
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"

Posting Permissions