Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    I know this'll probably rankle some of you, but hear me out: I'd like to get a small phone, preferably with Bluetooth to replace my Treo 650 (temporarily), when I have fun with extreme sports like skateboarding, snowboarding and MTB. Obviously, I don't want to lug around my (expensive) Cingular Treo 650 when I'm out and about. Also, this summer, I forsee lots of camping, and though I'd like to hike with the Treo/GPS, etc. I think I'll just cart around an easy-to-use phone, and map/compass.

I already have 2 AT&T phones: T616 and the T68i (which is in great shape), so I'm pretty happy with Sony Ericsson + Mac. They've worked well, but alas, if anyone knows how to quickly unlock these other units, I'm looking at buying (yet another) phone.

Thanks!
    Nokia 6100...get 'em cheap unlocked on ebay.
    I like the Moto V551 from Cingular. Sounds great in earpiece, speakrphone, and bluetooth. EDGE enabled, and you can easily BT DUN with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    I like the Moto V551 from Cingular. Sounds great in earpiece, speakrphone, and bluetooth. EDGE enabled, and you can easily BT DUN with it.

I second that recommendation. I really like my Moto V551, have kept it as back-up for my 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    I know this'll probably rankle some of you, but hear me out: I'd like to get a small phone, preferably with Bluetooth to replace my Treo 650 (temporarily), when I have fun with extreme sports like skateboarding, snowboarding and MTB. Obviously, I don't want to lug around my (expensive) Cingular Treo 650 when I'm out and about. Also, this summer, I forsee lots of camping, and though I'd like to hike with the Treo/GPS, etc. I think I'll just cart around an easy-to-use phone, and map/compass.

I already have 2 AT&T phones: T616 and the T68i (which is in great shape), so I'm pretty happy with Sony Ericsson + Mac. They've worked well, but alas, if anyone knows how to quickly unlock these other units, I'm looking at buying (yet another) phone.

Thanks!
    You said cheap, the V551 is NOT cheap, try to find a GSM Motorola 720, you should be able to pick one up for about 50 bucks...
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Is it possible to buy a phone and not activate it with their shipped SIM (return the SIM), and use that phone as if purchased without a plan? I would post on Howard Forums, but I dread going there -- full of stuck-up reps who could give a crap about customers.

Thanks.
    sony ericsson and mac are the best pairing IMO for a small phone. if i didn't love my treo I'd be eyeing many SEs. Selling a T610 right now.