Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I've decided that I'm going to exchange my 650 due to low earpiece volume problems. I bought this phone on the cingular (formerly AT&T) business website. Has anyone been able to exchange a phone at a cingular store that they originally bought online?

thanks,
    John
    If the phone is carried by the store, then they have the mechanism to accept returns, but they do not have to, policy wise. In the case of Treo 650, most Cingular stores carry it, but I recommend going to a corporate store, rather than an agent store. Be nice to the store sales people and they may let you return/exchange the unit without having to deal with the dreadful secondary telesales.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    If the phone is carried by the store, then they have the mechanism to accept returns, but they do not have to, policy wise. In the case of Treo 650, most Cingular stores carry it, but I recommend going to a corporate store, rather than an agent store. Be nice to the store sales people and they may let you return/exchange the unit without having to deal with the dreadful secondary telesales.
    Thanks for the info. I ended up doing an exchange by mail because I thought that the replacement 650s at the warehouse may be more likely to have newer f/w and s/w versions than those at the b&m store. We'll see if I'm right.

You're right about the dreadful CS reps. I was on the phone for ~1.5 hours being bounced around from dept to dept, and got dropped once!

-John