1.    #1  
    T-Mobile here in Sacramento, CA has been pretty slow all week. But over the past few days, I'm having trouble accessing my e-mail; it just hangs at "Recieving Changes" and quite after a couple of minutes. I have had one success in the past two days. I have no problem connecting with pssh and in effect using Telnet to read/send mail. I've contacted my ISP and they say that they have implemented no changes. They also checked my e-mail logs to make sure it waw not a quota or similar issue. Needless to say, but I will anyway, I have soft-reset a few times. My next step is to erase the mail_libr file and copy over a backup, but before I do, I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem.

The only other change is that I have also installed Chatter (which is not working very well for me in part al least because of the white screen display).

I'd appreciate any thoughts - and wonder if any other T-Mo users are experiencing a similar problem. If not, then I can eliminate that possibility.

Thx.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I know Danger sever was down from Saturday to Thursday, which would not matter for you, but perhaps it was down for other reasons or had some halo effect on the network. I also had no voice service in Colorado whatsoever on Saturday.
  3.    #3  
    After eliminating all other possibilities, deleting Chatter and deleting and recopying my archive Email_libr file, I finally called T-Mobile. Talked to a Level 2 guy, who "refreshed my network settings". Things worked much faster after a soft reset.

I use VPN and he seemed to imply that VPN was slower than T-Mo Internet.
    Shneor
    How much faster? I'm in Sacramento, and could not get any help from TMo advanced data support or engineering. I had to dump their stand alone data plan only after a few days. Getting 18~28 kbps bugged me too much. It's not worth it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    How much faster? I'm in Sacramento, and could not get any help from TMo advanced data support or engineering. I had to dump their stand alone data plan only after a few days. Getting 18~28 kbps bugged me too much. It's not worth it.
    I've been using the data plan for over a year. It definitely used to be faster than it has been for the last few weeks. I know they have picked up more Sacto subscribers (especialy with IPAQs) recently. But there have been network problems off and on also.
    Shneor
    T-mobile has been slow for me in the bay area also. I'm using Snapper for email and a 22K email takes more than 4 minutes to download, after several failed attempts. Most of the time it just hangs in the middle of the download (or upload when sending). The only thing that has been fast is IM, which occasion gets disconnected from T-mobile internet.
    Hey guys, Cingular in the Bay Area (San Jose, CA) has been dog slow for the last 2 weeks. San Francisco was slow too and everywhere in between (Mountain View, Santa Clara, you name it.) Started roughtly March 13th. I wonder if the two are related since in this area Cingular and TMobile may still share the same equipment. As far as I know they haven't separated networks yet (but I really have no idea.)
    I used to get 100kbps-150kbps easily on Cingular's EDGE. For the last two weeks I can't do better than 18kbps, often 9kbps.

I called Cingular yesterday and had a wireless internet tech do all kinds of checking on the system. All she was able to tell me is that there are no known problems and that the GPRS/EDGE network is 100% up and running all over California. But I don't know what they can really see with those tools.
    Her only suggestion was that they could be working on the problem but never issued a notice to CS, and to give it a few more days to see if they eventually resolve the issue. She said that if enough people call with the same complain it does get excalated automatically.
    I know you're on TMobile and not Cingular, but I do suggest that EVERYONE with the problem let the carrier know so they understand it's widespread.

All I can say is that it's not just you, and I doubt it's your Treo. My wife and co-workers with Cingular/Treos all have the same issue and I've done the whole factory hard-reset thing with no improvement.

One final thought. If this was to go no for over a month I was considering switching to T-Mobile. I know it's only GPRS, but I figured that's faster than what I'm getting now. But now that I know TMo is slow too I guess that's not an option (laughing.)
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G