Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    I apologize in advance for my newbishness.

Anyways, I was just wondering if I could get some help in trying to do what the title suggests. I've got a Sidekick II that I've become less fond of (eh, I still like it... but I don't quite like the hip-hop star celeb aura it's gotten recently... and those hiptop.com forums are horrid, but anyways!) and I currently have a voice and data plan for it now. Could I theoretically just buy an unlocked 650 and put my SIM in it and get voice and data on it? Or is the data that I've been getting for the Sidekick totally different than what the 650 needs for data? I thought it might work like that, but I'm beginning to think otherwise. Please advise.
    My boss switched from a color Sidekick to a Treo 600 on TMobile. The data plan for the SK is special because of the Danger server AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Yeah, I was thinking the Danger servers probably made it difficult to just drop in the SIM and start surfing webpages... Does anyone know the exact details for T-Mobile's data services? I know there's like the T-Zones stuff, but that's all I know, heh...
    You have to change your Sidekick unlimited plan to the $19.99 Internet plan. Same price except you don't get unlimited text messages like the sidekick plan. After you have that plan you can place your Sim card into the Treo.
    you have to change away from the Sidekick Data...its only for sks...i jus sold my sk2 a few weeks ago....got so sick of Tmobile......and hiptop.com is the worst place in the www! that freakin Appletech banning me!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"