14 77.78%
  • A few issues but it's working

3 16.67%
  • Kind of frustrating, not sure if this was a wise choice

0 0%
  • HELP, this has been a huge mistake!!

1 5.56%
  1.    #1  
    Let's here from anyone on t-mobile who has the unlocked or hacked version on the 650. Problems? Issues?
    Mine has been shipped from vienna chanels. Would love to hear any feedback.
    jack
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Have an unlocked GSM model direct from PalmOne. No problems at all with T-Mobile voice or GPRS so far. ROM T-Mobile Internet Network settings work fine - have had no connection problems with speeds about 40 kb/sec.

Have had a few spurious resets: going from Datebk5 to Phone app, exiting VersaMail - changed to SnapperMail - no problem since, tapping on city in 4Cast - changed to Express:Weather - no problem since and one reset when starting HotSync with Mac.

Other than that has been perfect. Have not used it as a phone very much so will wait for opinion on that.

Frank
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Forgot to mention that my memory usage is down to 10.6 MB with as much on the SD card as will run there and I wonder just how low one should go and keep apps executing reliability, minimize resets, etc.??
    No problems. What's more, here in L.A. because of the former Cingular/Voicestream deal, we're getting EDGE speeds for the internet - between 80-100.
    Unlocked treo in atlanta...works great. Have had a few reset issues but most were caused by third party apps..reception its not stellar but it works.
    In Dallas/FW area, no problems other than the incredibly sloooow data.
    aside from the noted volume issues with this phone, things are as good as can be expected. great phone/pda, slow slow data via T-Mo. I suppose it's more obvious on DUN.
    I have a 600. Just a note to say that T-Mo data in Sacramento, CA was v-e-r-y s-l-o-w yesterday. Seems to be back to normal today. And a few weeks ago, service was down for a day.

The only thing I'm unhappy about with T-Mo is coverage. If it does not improve drastically, I'm probably going to switch to Cingular/ATT when my current contract is up.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by fmcgirt
    Forgot to mention that my memory usage is down to 10.6 MB with as much on the SD card as will run there and I wonder just how low one should go and keep apps executing reliability, minimize resets, etc.??
    This depends on what apps you run. I have one that uses a bit over 5 mb, so I need to keep at least that much free. There are a number of space hogs in my RAM, though, starting with 3.6 mb of Java VM, which I only use, as of now, for WebViewer.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Thanks for the responses. I currently have the following installed in RAM:

UninstallMgr
    PowerRun
    DateBk5
    FileZ
    BackupMan
    VoiceDialer
    SplashID
    StarPilot/LocationMgr
    Sloved Sp-En Dict
    SnapperMail
    SysInfo
    Express Weather, News & Stocks

And on the card:
    Documents to Go
    FlightStatus
    StockMgr
    FreeCell
    Klondike
    Hearts
    Bridge
    Chess Genius

This seems to be a stable situation but I would sure like to move other stuff like Snapper, Sloved and StarPilot to the card but when I tried it I had problems.

Hopefully, I won't need to install anything else in RAM for a while.

Frank