1.    #1  
    Does anyone know when T-Mobile is going to roll out their Edge Network? My contract is up next month and I was thinking of moving to Cingular until I heard thay their insurance would not cover the Treo 650. I have heard "early this year" but that could be any time before June!.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I talked to a TMobile manager about a week ago and he thinks TMobile MAY skip EDGE and wait for UMTS implementation. How true that is, I don't know. If someone has any TMo news releases please do tell.

I cancelled TMo for being too slow in my area.
    EDGE will surely happen
    even from the CEO, Robert Dotson
    actually, it's up and running in some area in CA
    I've emailed T-Mo twice about this and am still waiting to hear back.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Excerpt from this article "...By the end of this year, Sprint will launch a competing EV-DO network, Verizon's BroadbandAccess will be available to 150 million Americans, Cingular will expand its UMTS system, and T-Mobile will bring its version of EDGE to market..."
    I posted this in another thread. I cancelled an extra TMobile account I opened before the 14 days and gave data speeds as an excuse. He said he would give me a month free and suspend my account until August when the come out with "their version of AT&T's EDGE service." I declined and told him I would re-sign when I saw my data speeds get faster on my 650. Time will tell I guess.
    EDGE will be nice
    the landline is down now, I only can use GPRS to go online
    back to the age of dialup.....
    slower than dial-up you mean (at least for me when i use GPRS).

t-mobile got back with me and couldn't give me anything about EDGE, or even if that's what they will be doing (vs UTMS or whatev), but did offer me a free month of service. No info is disconcerting, but at least I have an extra month to think it over.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Sigh---when the f*** will we catch up to the technology in Asia and Europe?
    In 2-3 years as usual...