1.    #1  
    I have performed numerous searches..and maybe I am just not good at it..but I cannot find an answer on how to get email to work with Tzones...where do I even go to enable Tzones and the settings...I do not care too much about web browsing and such...only that I can be reached through various means...and Tzones seemed to fit the bill...what settings do I do..? Thanks guys...

On a side note...verichat sounds very cool...and I heard mention of a Tzones version
    When I got my 600 (just the other day), I plugged in the SIM and t-zones showed up in the network preferences. To access email, log into T-Mobile and click the Communications tab when you're at my.t-mobile.com and there should be a link to set up My Email. Follow this through and you'll have enabled sending and receiving. They do require you to go through their SMTP server, so check those settings (it'll provide the server and the username and pass you'll need).

As a note, it may enable text-message alerts by default. It did when I first set things up months ago. This sends you a text message every time you receive an email, which can be nice but can rack up your bill. Poke around under "Settings" on the My Email site to turn it off.
    You have to "sign up" for t-zones either through the t-mobile website or through calling t-mobile and having the service added to the account. If you go through the webpage do not have the treo selected as your pphone as the option of adding this service will not be listed (as per t-mobile t-zones does not work with the treo, even though it does.) if you call to add it tell them you have a different phone if they ask because they won't add t-zones to a treo. My old phone was a motorolla t720i which was allowed to use t-zones, so when i signed up on the webpage through adding services i changed my phone back to my old phone.

after you've signed up for t-zones you have to add your mail account to whichever mail program you have and you'll need to add the smtp server settings.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridges
    I have performed numerous searches..and maybe I am just not good at it..but I cannot find an answer on how to get email to work with Tzones...where do I even go to enable Tzones and the settings...I do not care too much about web browsing and such...only that I can be reached through various means...and Tzones seemed to fit the bill...what settings do I do..? Thanks guys...

On a side note...verichat sounds very cool...and I heard mention of a Tzones version
    Call TMO and ask them to sign up for T-zones, they shouldn't and won't ask what phone you have, etc. Once you sign up, once's it's up and running, go to your network settings on treo 600 -- at the 'service' line scroll to "t-zones". You're then ready to set up the default POP3 app to download up to 5 accounts. Your web blazer won't work because the default portal has been shut down...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...hlight=T-zones
    Go thru the above threads and make sure you read to end.

Contrary to what TMO CS says, t-zones on treo 600 will get your access to pop3mail accounts.