1.    #1  
    I have my voice plan figured out fine, but I think there is a lot of ambiguity about what data planes are available. I know of 3, the PDA unlimited for 39.99 a month, the MediaNet unlimited for 24.99 a month, the BlackBerry unlimited for 44.99(or49.99?)

Can anyone tell me which these works with web browsing, email and so fourth on the treo 650. Also do any of these include messages sms or mms?

I want to just use MediaNe, will this work ok?

any feedback greatly appreciated!
    There are plenty of threads in this forum that explain the various plans. Further, a visit to Cingular web sitre, screwed up as it is, will explain what each plan contains.

Both the PDA plan and MEdia Net plan can do what you want. Since you have a T650, or plan to have one, Cingular will try to force you to take the PDA plan for $39.99. It's up to you to find a way out, by reading up here in TreoCetral, and select the MEdia Net for $19.99.
  3.    #3  
    yeah, ive been reading A LOT, but there is so much out there. I wish I could have gotten the old plan, but at this point Ill settle for the 24.99 Media and add in extras for messages. Any clues on getting them to do this for my account (I am signed up on 44.99 Blackberry unlimited, must change too much $$)
    I'm sorry, I meant $24.99. I think when faced with a cancellation of a data plan vs. downgrading, a smart Cingular rep (yeah, right) would rather allow you to downgrade.
    Cancel the $40 plan in one call to CS, hang up, call back and add the $24.99
  5.    #5  
    YUP, added the 24.99 plan online, and the called to cancel the 44.99 plan. wors fin now.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    There are plenty of threads in this forum that explain the various plans. Further, a visit to Cingular web sitre, screwed up as it is, will explain what each plan contains.

Both the PDA plan and MEdia Net plan can do what you want. Since you have a T650, or plan to have one, Cingular will try to force you to take the PDA plan for $39.99. It's up to you to find a way out, by reading up here in TreoCetral, and select the MEdia Net for $19.99.
    I called and switched without a problem. It shouldn't be an issue. If the Cingular phone rep balks, just thank them for their time and call back.