Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    yeah - if you tap in the top right corner and bring up the menu, go over the Options and then Preferences, then under Messages you will see Reply options and Signatures...under Reply Options you can display your name, etc. and then use the Signature section for just that.

Hope that helps.
    Jeff
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > AT&T Tilt > Treo 750 > Treo Pro
    John 16:33
    How much does Xpress Mail cost? With Sprint, where it is called Business Connection, it is $5/month. The Cingular website says Xpress Mail personal is $29.99/mo. True?
    no...i don't pay a penny more then the 19.95 I pay for media works unlimited to use xpress mail. cingular's web site is so miss leading it's not even funny.
    Jeff
    I've got a problem where the xpress mail website is updated with my contacts, but they won't sync to my Treo 650. Anybody see this?

Scott
    I think Xpress Mail is only supposed to sync calendar and e-mail with the phone. The contacts may be accessible via web access to xpress mail, but they are not synced with the phone. Your phone can look up the contact information though by sending the request to the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by kattanm
    How much does Xpress Mail cost? With Sprint, where it is called Business Connection, it is $5/month. The Cingular website says Xpress Mail personal is $29.99/mo. True?
    Though I don't use it anymore, I still have an xpress mail personal edition account and I amnot charged for it either.
    Quote Originally Posted by creighton
    Though I don't use it anymore, I still have an xpress mail personal edition account and I amnot charged for it either.
    Correct, it cost nothing to register and use XPress Mail. The fees on the web page are for the data plans (ex: $40.00 pda data plan.) I have Media Works $20 (the unlimited data version.)
    Just go to http://www.cingular.com/business/xpr...l_registration and click the registration link. Ignore what it says about calling Cingular and confirming you're enabled, they just want to make sure you understand you should get a data plan before using it.

I've confirmed with many others that there are no additional charges and I've never been charged. In fact, it doesn't even appear on your bill at all.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by dtdionne
    taylorh, first, nexchange does not need to use the vpn unless you have to connect to the vpn to access Outlook Web Access.
    My company is rather high profile and IT has nothing exposed outside the firewall, not even outlook web access. I do have Movian VPN and I will in fact be interested in Nexchange when it supports it's own databases (not the built in Treo DB.) At work I use a bluetooth reverse DUN to connect (inside the firewall.) and would sync it up that way and just VPN in when I need to. I'd probabally still keep XPress Mail running as a quick and dirty way to monitor new email & calendar changes but Nexchange would replace what I use Beyond Contacts for as the full featured solution.
    XPress mail is cool and does what it does well (immediate mail delivery, real time calendar sync, redirects around firewall.) It just doesn't do all that much.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I think Xpress Mail is only supposed to sync calendar and e-mail with the phone. The contacts may be accessible via web access to xpress mail, but they are not synced with the phone. Your phone can look up the contact information though by sending the request to the server.
    Can you elaborate on what you mean by: "Your phone can look up the contact information though by sending the request to the server."

Thanks,

SB
    when you create a new email from your 650 w/xpress mail and tab on the "To" it brings up a contact look-up page where you type in a last name, or part of it, and if you select xpress personal contacts or xpress professional contacts then it goes to the xpress server to pull any matches. through a traditional wired sync you can store all your contact data in the treo's built in database.
    Jeff
    Can someone confirm, is Xpress Mail only supposed to sync calendar and e-mail and not contacts? Somehow I got about 50 of my 2000 contacts on my phone and I can't seem to get it to happen again.

SB
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowdawg54
    when you create a new email from your 650 w/xpress mail and tab on the "To" it brings up a contact look-up page where you type in a last name, or part of it, and if you select xpress personal contacts or xpress professional contacts then it goes to the xpress server to pull any matches. through a traditional wired sync you can store all your contact data in the treo's built in database.

Now that is pretty cool, thanks. If xpress mail won't do it, who can recommend a tool that will synch Outlook e-mail, Contacts, Calendar & Task List, without requiring changes to my exchange server (I like the desktop option of xpress mail).

Thanks.
    Last edited by sbade; 03/12/2005 at 09:59 PM.
  13.    #33  
    Jeff, thank you for your tips on VersaMail.
    All, just came back from 2 weeks trip to Europe on business. I have to tell you I was very happy with Treo in all four countries, 5 cites I visited (UK, France, Germany, Italy). I suspected voice roams just fine and it did. I was very pleased GPRS roamed almost just as smooth as GSM, from country to country, from city to city. I received all emails via xpress mail, as if it's just in the States. I was very happy to check and respond as they came in, instead of doing all together during every long night in hotel rooms... Only thing that is somewhat worrisome is the cost... I will find out...
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    My company is rather high profile and IT has nothing exposed outside the firewall, not even outlook web access. I do have Movian VPN and I will in fact be interested in Nexchange when it supports it's own databases (not the built in Treo DB.) At work I use a bluetooth reverse DUN to connect (inside the firewall.) and would sync it up that way and just VPN in when I need to. I'd probabally still keep XPress Mail running as a quick and dirty way to monitor new email & calendar changes but Nexchange would replace what I use Beyond Contacts for as the full featured solution.
    XPress mail is cool and does what it does well (immediate mail delivery, real time calendar sync, redirects around firewall.) It just doesn't do all that much.
    taylorh. my company is the same way..very strict with firewalls and such. for some reason, i cant connect to xpressmail personal when im in the office. i don't have a problem from home when i am going through the vpn, but in the office, it just doesn't do it. vz wireless sync works perfectly, but i need to get this running. any ideas?
    It is likely the Firewall is blocking non SSL traffic on port 443. Xpressmail is encrypted ala AES but is not SSL so any firewall with Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) will block it. But first off which error were you geting? If you look at the connection.log and slingshot.log files in the installation directory that can sometimes yield a clue as to the problem.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Is it true that you need to have your outlook running 24/7 for Xpress Mail to work??
    There is another option. Goodlink. It syncs everything. very secure and easy to use. it uses the treo as a dumb terminal, everything is kept on the server. unfortunately it is expensive at $395 a year per user.
    Quote Originally Posted by cingulartreo
    There is another option. Goodlink. It syncs everything. very secure and easy to use. it uses the treo as a dumb terminal, everything is kept on the server. unfortunately it is expensive at $395 a year per user.
    GoodLink is $330 a year for a one year subscription (which includes 2 free months, or 14 months) and/or $542 (which includes 4 free months, so is 28 months) for a two-year subscription.
    Snicka - if you want to be able to respond to emails, then yes, outlook must be running 24/7. i have noticed i can continue to receive new email with my computer running and outlook closed, but when i respond from the treo the email sits in my outlook outbox until i open it and then it gets sent.

hope that helps.
    Jeff
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12