Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Denver has rolled over. One of the cooler features the new system has is, when you get a voicemail, it will no longer automatically send a text message also saying you have a voice mail. So, I no longer have to take the extra steps to delete that worthless text message.
    still haven't noticed the change..but we got edge instead in philadelphia!!
    Nothing here in Phoenix.
  4.    #24  
    here in nyc, I got a different VM system, the number changed and not the options are on different numbers. but, I still get the sms for VM indication.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I'm in NYC and have not yet had any change. There is supposed to be some sort of warning message sent to you VMM a week before the change. I still havent had that yet, so maybe the roll-out is delayed.
    Just got off of the phone with t-mo. My (646) 226- phone will be converted 7/12. My wife's (917) 365- phone will be converted 7/12. Both are NYC numbers.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    I'm in NYC and have not yet had any change. There is supposed to be some sort of warning message sent to you VMM a week before the change. I still havent had that yet, so maybe the roll-out is delayed.
    i got the sms last week. i have a 646 number too.
    Felipe
    Is the switch to the new indicator coupled to your home area, or does it work when you roam in an already converted area?
    Nj, still getting sms
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    No more text messages for voicemail,already switched here in NYC
    I always preferred the old system where the SMS message gave you the caller id information.

Still waiting for the Chicago rollout.
    -- Go Illini!
    I get a message, but no caller info. I don't need a change; I get the message reliably and instantaneously and my message list is what I access most frequently. So the Comverse voicemail system is a screen icon?
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    It is a screen icon,the voicemail indicator which resembles an audio tape.So far I am getting notification of a voicemail message faster than I used to get the SMS messages on the Treo and prior phones.I never got caller ID info in the SMS....
    Quote Originally Posted by narbeauchamp
    I never got caller ID info in the SMS....
    Ya. I'm old. It stopped some time during the Treo 180 era.
    -- Go Illini!
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    Just got off of the phone with t-mo. My (646) 226- phone will be converted 7/12. My wife's (917) 365- phone will be converted 7/12. Both are NYC numbers.
    NYC rollout is still delayed. I have not had it yet on either of my phones. Apparently phase one went out a couple of weeks ago, but phases 2 and 3 are delayed for some reason. No word when they will be rolled out. Your phase is dictated by your area code and exchange. Calling Tmo will tell you which phase you are scheduled for.
    Wilmington, DE here, still on SMS...
  17.    #37  
    okay, they are way behind, but ppl are saying they are following the cities as posted.

it looks like they are doing nyc now.

I kust called my vm and had a little message saying that they would do mine in the next week.
    Felipe
  18.    #38  
    me again. my 2 tmo account were converted to the new voicemail system. i get the little reel to reel icon now.
    Felipe
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I'm in Boston and just received a voicemail from T-Mobile describing the new voicemail system. Should go live in the next few days.
    I had to reinitialize my VM with Name, Password and Message. Now I get the message screen that I have VM and the reel to reel icon at the tp next to the signal strength indicator. Pressing on the icon takes you right to VM, and when you have no unheard messages, the icon disappears.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast