Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    I have now only the PDA Unlimited for my Treo 650. This plan also provides internet access but is for users of the Cingular Xpress Mail service that allows me to sync with my desktops inbox while I am on the road. If your not using this service I suppose the Media Unlimited will be just fine and cheaper.
    Under MediaWorks in the Tampa area I'm consistently getting 90 - 110kbps.....very happy with that...
    under old mediaWorks package (grandfathered in) on treo 600 in atlanta, I'm getting 35-40 kb/s
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    under old mediaWorks package (grandfathered in) on treo 600 in atlanta, I'm getting 35-40 kb/s
    That's because the T600 is not EDGE capable. On good late nights you should get up to 60K or higher on GPRS.
    Quote Originally Posted by deputycag
    The treo 650 has a known problem. If you have a 64k sim from Gemplus then you will have a rebooting problem. Go in and get the Axalto sim works.
    "Some" Gemplus Sims are defective.....been estimated previously here based upon posting that about 1/3 of them of funky. I am one of many using a 650 w/ a Gemplus card w/o issue.....(3 weeks so far) <g>.
    Update:
    I've been travelling for work for the last week. In Sacramento, I was getting 75-85k/sec. In Seattle I'm regularly getting 100-120k/sec. Gotta like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by deputycag
    I have now only the PDA Unlimited for my Treo 650. This plan also provides internet access but is for users of the Cingular Xpress Mail service that allows me to sync with my desktops inbox while I am on the road. If your not using this service I suppose the Media Unlimited will be just fine and cheaper.
    I just posted the following before seeing your message mentioning you're using Xpress Mail....I would greatly appreciate your insight on this as I wanted to switch from verizon (600) to cingular (650)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=75423
    Text of the posting is below for convenience:

Wanting to switch from Verizon Treo 600 to Cingular Treo 650, due to GSM for international travel. A critical requirement of mine is to sync my office outlook (email, contact, calendar, tasks, memo) to my Treo wirelessly (at least when in the States), as I am doing that now with Wireless Sync (a program running on a pc) from Verizon. I haven't been able to find or confirm such a program available on Cingular.

I would have lived with Versamail or equivelant to sync email and calendar wirelessly over the air all others contact, tasks, etc via hotsync cable, except my office MS Exchange Server is 2000, not 2003 which is required. This could have been nice as I don't need a redirector (an extra pc redirecting email/calendar) being on all the time.

So I started to investigate Xpress Mail from Cingular. It looks 3 different editions, Personal, Enterprise, and Networks. I read through everything I could find on personal edition, it looks like it can sync email, and email only. I would appreciate if someone could shed some light on this.... My goal is sync Outlook (email, calendar, contact, etc) over the air, but can live with only the email and calendar over the air, all others via hotsync.

Thanks

Zinan
    Don't know if you are using this for personal useonly, but Goodlink will do what you need at a cost. I have it, but my company is paying. Go find the Good thread on treocentral, or just go to good.com.

Quote Originally Posted by zinan
    I just posted the following before seeing your message mentioning you're using Xpress Mail....I would greatly appreciate your insight on this as I wanted to switch from verizon (600) to cingular (650)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=75423
    Text of the posting is below for convenience:

Wanting to switch from Verizon Treo 600 to Cingular Treo 650, due to GSM for international travel. A critical requirement of mine is to sync my office outlook (email, contact, calendar, tasks, memo) to my Treo wirelessly (at least when in the States), as I am doing that now with Wireless Sync (a program running on a pc) from Verizon. I haven't been able to find or confirm such a program available on Cingular.

I would have lived with Versamail or equivelant to sync email and calendar wirelessly over the air all others contact, tasks, etc via hotsync cable, except my office MS Exchange Server is 2000, not 2003 which is required. This could have been nice as I don't need a redirector (an extra pc redirecting email/calendar) being on all the time.

So I started to investigate Xpress Mail from Cingular. It looks 3 different editions, Personal, Enterprise, and Networks. I read through everything I could find on personal edition, it looks like it can sync email, and email only. I would appreciate if someone could shed some light on this.... My goal is sync Outlook (email, calendar, contact, etc) over the air, but can live with only the email and calendar over the air, all others via hotsync.

Thanks

Zinan
    Treo 650 GSM
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12