Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsTheFly
    Got it already. Went with an unlocked P1 GSM.

Couldn't be happier with it.
    Same here...a phenomenal smartphone.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650 | T-Mobile
    Received: 2/10/2005
    Quote Originally Posted by koolio
    Same here...a phenomenal smartphone.

Exacto......
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Thanks DHAnderson, this is great info! Would you happen to know if it's only the 2005 TL or do past years also have this feature?
    Since I have another BT phone, I suppose I would still have think about upgrading to a 650....
    Updated: I found the info:
    2004/2005 TL
    2005 RL
    2005 MDX w/Touring Pkg.

Quote Originally Posted by DHAnderson
    The Acura TL has Hands Free Link (HFL) that lets you call and receive calls from your Bluetooth enabled cell phone without taking the phone out of your pocket.

See
    http://www.acura.com/models/model_co....asp?module=tl
    and
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ighlight=Acura
    for more information.
    Last edited by jekswang; 02/22/2005 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Updated...
    I was holding out until T-Mobile offered the 650 with a discount, but then my trusty laptop of 6 years died. With that came the purchase of a top of the line laptop with, of course, intergrated BlueTooth. Now i couldnt have a top of the line laptop and still be lugging around my old Treo 600 like a caveman, so i dropped the extra $700 for a etchnology makeover.

The only problem is my laptop won;t ship until March 11th. So i can't even explore my new Treo until then. Grrrr.

But in the meantime, I'm back on the forums trolling for tips and reviews. I plan to drop at least another $500 on accessories (like GPS and BT headset....)
    We'll overcome you using our technology.
    I did something a few others here on Treocentral have done and went through the Hurculean task of buying a Cingular treo 650 ($415) and having it unlocked for use with my T-mobile service.

Ive owned a BlackBerry 7100t, a treo 600, and now the treo 650 and I must say that I couldnt be happier with my 650. Although many are complaining about the treo 650's instability Ive actually had better reliability with the 650 than the 600. Ive gone through four treo 600's since my time with Tmobile and was never fully satisfied.
    Hey Truth, you mind me asking how you got the Cingular Treo 650 for $415? Cheapest I could be able to get it from them was $575 if I bought the phone with pre-paid service.

Thanks.
    I went ahead and bought the unlocked Treo 650 and I use T-Mobile. T-Mobile's plans are so much cheaper in the end than Sprint, Verizon or Cingular...so I went with the unlocked and stayed with T-Mobile.

However, if I don't have EDGE speed by June, I'm leaving T-Mobile. Surfing the web on this thing is sooooo slow (about 30 - 40 kbps). I love the phone though (although its definitely more buggy than my Treo 600 (also unlocked version).
    I'm trying out the TMobile all you can eat internet plan on my PPC Phone. Stand alone it is $29.99/month (No voice plan). with voice it is $19.99. I got my SIM and phone number assigned to the plan, and I'm waiting for the plan to be provisioned.

According to TMo the tZones 4.99 and 9.99 plans are not really internet plans, but only through the narrow WAP window that TMo provides. Is this true? Can you not browse full web with the cheap tzone plans?
    Quote Originally Posted by chill2k66
    i have an unlocked treo 650 on tmobile with the 2.99 grandfathered in california. I'm receiving EDGE speeds of around 100-120 with the workaround in most areas. can't be too disappointed about that

Please describe the workaround.

Thanks,
    TM
    Quote Originally Posted by DHAnderson
    I really wasn't interested in the 650 until I got my Acura TL. The Acura supports Bluetooth phones, and oh what a joy it would be have hi-res and the ability to leave the phone in my pocket when driving.

What's stopping me now is the price tag, and that my Treo 600 is working flawlessly.

Must be strong...
    Well I was about to upgrade to a 650( and swith to cingular) but I started reading the bluetooth section of this forum and it turns out the 650's bluetooth is pretty weak, instead i bought a $20 jabra bluetooth adaptor and I have got much better bluetooth than the 650, so now I am sticking with the 600( i can live with low res screen)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth
    I did something a few others here on Treocentral have done and went through the Hurculean task of buying a Cingular treo 650 ($415) and having it unlocked for use with my T-mobile service.

Ive owned a BlackBerry 7100t, a treo 600, and now the treo 650 and I must say that I couldnt be happier with my 650. Although many are complaining about the treo 650's instability Ive actually had better reliability with the 650 than the 600. Ive gone through four treo 600's since my time with Tmobile and was never fully satisfied.

How did you unlock the 650? and didn't you need to get a cingular contrat to get that price?
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    This is a good idea. I might try the same. I'm getting tired of switching my SIM card between my Bluetooth phone and my 600 just so I can use the BT in my car. Then, I think I'll wait till year end when my contract is up with T-Mo and see what's happening around that time. I just have to stay away from looking at the 650...

Quote Originally Posted by lite blue
    Well I was about to upgrade to a 650( and swith to cingular) but I started reading the bluetooth section of this forum and it turns out the 650's bluetooth is pretty weak, instead i bought a $20 jabra bluetooth adaptor and I have got much better bluetooth than the 650, so now I am sticking with the 600( i can live with low res screen)
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jekswang
    This is a good idea. I might try the same. I'm getting tired of switching my SIM card between my Bluetooth phone and my 600 just so I can use the BT in my car. Then, I think I'll wait till year end when my contract is up with T-Mo and see what's happening around that time. I just have to stay away from looking at the 650...
    I have a 2005 RL and finally gave up on the BT Handsfree link. It just seems to be too much hassle for a little return. I wish one could download the Treo Address Book to the car and maybe perhaps give one an option of using the HFL through a BT phone or ONSTAR. If the ability to share your Verizon plan with the ONSTAR service in the car ever comes about, that would be a nice option. Some people have reported good success with the 650 and the RL - especially with the unlocked GSM version since DUN is enabled on that version, but it is not for me now.

As for holding off on the 650. I did my best - even tried a JAM but we are a Mac family and PPCs and Macs are a problem getting the sync process just right - but when I saw my old 600 side by side with the 650, it was all over. I was very nervous about getting one because of all the problems people were reporting but I saw that most of the problems were on the Sprint or Cincular versions and I think that both Sprint and Cingular screwed around with the phone and perhaps caused some of those problems. I bought the unlocked GSM version from PalmOne for T-Mobile and so far I am very pleased. I have had no problems once I got reliable, stable apps installed. You do have to be careful about which apps will only run in memory and those for me were the ones causing the resets when I tried to move them to the SD card. My only complaint is the low earpiece volume on calls - which is almost OK except in high noise environments and then I go to speakerphone which is very loud. Turning the phone around with the speakerphone to your ear works very well.

Good luck holding off on the 650,

Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by JHETZEL
    I went with the unlocked 650 as well on T-Mo. It is great and I have no regrets...
    Point me in the right direction, oh wise one...I cannot live without BT anymore...and my PDA2k is driving me insain! Too many self-hard resets, too much down time...and the thing was way WAY too much money!

Thanks

Sam
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    <span style="color: blue;">Where's the "Make Coffee" button again?</span>
    </strong>
    I passed on the 600 and will now pass on the 650 as well -waiting for a reliable (maybe Windows Mobile) 700, a worthy WM model such as the iPAQ Mobile Messenger or the MDA IV, or one of the Nokia Communicators. Hopefully, TM will carry one or all of these!
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Just got an unlocked phone yesterday and, besides some still unresolved weirdness with the Install conduit, it's working like a charm.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12