1.    #1  
    Ok, so I have the original unlimited mediaworks package...however now on my Cingular Account it reveals I have a limit of data (which I have already used up). I called and they said not to worry unless the bill actually bills you for the additional usage, then call back it can be corrected. You guys get this? I just noticed it today!?!

Thanks Dale

Data Avail:1024 Used:1855
    Where do you see the limit? is it in your "My Features" menu? I have the unlimited MEdia Works (prior to Feb 14). My online acount neither shows "unlimited" nor does it show a data limit.

As far as I know only CS can see that type of info, not the user. I called CS and confirmed that the plan has:

-unlimited web
    -1500 SMS
    -250 MMS
    Is there some place on your Cingular My Account page where you can see current usage for MEdia Works?
    My on-line account shows my messages limits but no info on data limits (I have the original UNlimited MEdia Works).
    This plan was a sticking point for me before I bought my 650. Many resellers including PalmOne are selling the MEdia works unlimited $19.95 plan (changed last week, now the plan is 8MB HA!), but if you buy from Cingular, they don't offer you that option. Cingular says Treo 650s must use the PDA connect plan ($39.95 unlimited) or pay for their ridiculous 500KB or 2MB plans. The place I got my phone last week signed me up no problem, but when I went into a Cingular store last night, they said I am definitely getting a deal and that program was discontinued in April 2004. So when my 2 yr contract expires, will I be forced to pay $40 a month for unlimited data? I went with Cingular because Sprint coverage in my area sucks, but Sprint offers unlimited data for $15.99 a month. Hopefully Cingular gets a clue.
    So is this a possible solution?

1) Buy the cheapest or freebie phone from Cingular and activate new service

2) Add the cheaper non-pda data plan

2) Buy an unlocked GSM 650 from Palm One

3) Put your cingular Sim into your unlocked 650
    Quote Originally Posted by mhzimmer
    So is this a possible solution?

1) Buy the cheapest or freebie phone from Cingular and activate new service

2) Add the cheaper non-pda data plan

2) Buy an unlocked GSM 650 from Palm One

3) Put your cingular Sim into your unlocked 650
    That is exactly what I did when I switched from ATT to Cingular. I got the cheap-o free phone (which you can then eBay) and popped the SIM into my Nokia 6820 from ATT (Cingular tells you you have to buy a new phone when you switch - BS). I got a new unlocked T600 on eBay and popped in the SIM. Voila.
    Quote Originally Posted by matogato
    So when my 2 yr contract expires, will I be forced to pay $40 a month for unlimited data? I went with Cingular because Sprint coverage in my area sucks, but Sprint offers unlimited data for $15.99 a month. Hopefully Cingular gets a clue.
    The contract only locks you in to using their service. It does not dictate your plan. As long as you don't make any changes to your Cingular account, you should retain the same plan.

Where does SprintPCS say they offer unlimited data for $15.99/mo? I switched from SprintPCS to Cingular because Sprint PCS was charging $70/mo for something like 40MB and all the GSM carriers had more reasonable plans.
    I activated my Cingular T650 (bought in a retail store) on 2/19 and was able to get them to let me add the MediaNET unlimited plan ($24.99) by building a shopping cart on the Cingular.com website with the T650, that plan and the voice plan and SMS (for $4.99) that I wanted. I just handed the printout to the rep and said "I want that." After protesting that it wasn't an option, he ended up setting up the account that way, and it works great.

When I check my account on Cingular.com, it shows up correctly.
    I just got off the phone with Cingular's 'Customer Care', there is no difference between the PD Connect Unlimited package and MediaNet Unlimited; To get any text messaging or multimedia messaging you must add the package that suits your usage for each separately. PD Connect Unlimited offers NO TEXT OR MULTIMEDIA MESSAGING! Just an internet connection that quacks like MediaNet, waddles like MediaNet, hmm even tastes like MediaNet….. IT IS MediaNet!! By golly its just (Business Class) Internet Express Unlimited repackaged for $39.99 ($10 cheaper than before)!! So save yourself $15 (or less if you add text/multimedia) I saved $5 after adding text AND multimedia.
    I locked unto the MEdia Works unlimited for $19.99 with 1500 SMS, 250 MMS shortly before they killed that plan. But since EDGE is not widespead, and most devices that Cingular offers do not support EDGE, other than T650 and its constant reset and NVMS issues, I think Cingular is not worth it anymore. I may get a PPC6600 and rejoin Sprint for their great unlimited vision for $15.
    I purchased my 650 at my local Cingular store on Feb. 12th and added a new line (my fourth) with the original MediaWorks to my existing family plan. Then, last week I decided that I wanted to change my family plan to 3000 minute plan, but Cingular cs said that I would lose the original MediaWorks, so I went back down to my local Cingular store and they changed my plan to the one I wanted effective at the beginning of my next billing cycle and left the MediaWorks plan unchanged. It's been my experience that the sales reps at the Cingular store that I frequent are much more helpful than the cs reps.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    I locked unto the MEdia Works unlimited for $19.99 with 1500 SMS, 250 MMS shortly before they killed that plan. But since EDGE is not widespead, and most devices that Cingular offers do not support EDGE, other than T650 and its constant reset and NVMS issues, I think Cingular is not worth it anymore. I may get a PPC6600 and rejoin Sprint for their great unlimited vision for $15.
    Its always something with you. I have a cheap Sony Ericsson and it can use the EDGE. Hell there is a Motorola that uses it and a Nokia. I am sure this summer Cingular will bring more phones to the table that will take advantge of EDGE. And I am positive that Cingular is working on having EDGE coverage coast to coast. They have the market for it and they have the towers. It is just a matter of time.
    Wow! Someone seems seems to read too many of my posts. Either that or you're a loyal Cingular employee. If that is the case, do tell us something we don't know. I'm anxious to know what pocket PC phones Cingular has lined up for the rest of 2005. You may save me as a Cingular customer.

I have the V551, and it is "EDGE" capable, class 4 to be exact, but it is not a replacement for my pocket PC phone. The most expensive device sold by Cingular is not EDGE capable. Why is that? Because Cingular developers can't see past their paychecks. And if they continue to be that way they will be swept by the competition, just like AT&T was swept by them and others.