Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I picked up a Cingular branded 650 from my local store on Saturday. When I got home and charged the Cingular 650, I started checking it out and found someone had sent emails and taken a few pictures. To me and my wife's surprise, there were pictures of a man's private parts emailed to a woman over and over. I called the store and they apologized profusely. The rep said he would talk to his manager Monday and see what they can do for me. I told him I had people there looking at my new "birthday" present and we were all shocked! Any ideas how they can "make this up to me"?

It's now Monday and they have NOT called yet. I got my unbranded 650 from PalmOne, so now I'm sitting here with two. Which should go back?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    lol. you're kidding right? that's hilarious. if you're wanting to take anything away from this experience other than a humorous anecdote to tell your friends/family/business contacts, then there's nothing else i could possibly suggest other than to have them replace out said device.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    I think free service for 2 years oughta help you get past that horrible experience.....
    Quote Originally Posted by GWB
    I think free service for 2 years oughta help you get past that horrible experience.....
    realistically speaking, they could totally abdicate entire responsibility of the incident and blame it either on cingular or p1. get the equipment replaced out because that's more than likely all you're going to get, aside from a possible free accessory.
    Nokia 3585 > Moto i60c > Moto i90c > SK Color > Nokia 6820 > Nokia 6230 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > BB 7100 > BB 7105 > BB Pearl > Treo 755p > Treo 800w
    how about a free t650 for wife? for all the shock and etc...you know, you could nearly get away with everything in the united states.....lol
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    well when i think about it now...yeah, the trauma of seeing another man's flaccid member is nothing that should be taken lightly. tell em you're scarred and anguished mentally and that "reparations are at hand!"
    Reparations 'at hand'? Lol! Sounds like a pun to me!
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    Any ideas how they can "make this up to me"?

It's now Monday and they have NOT called yet. I got my unbranded 650 from PalmOne, so now I'm sitting here with two. Which should go back?
    That depends on how "damaged" you want to pretend to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by lulugirl896
    Reparations 'at hand'? Lol! Sounds like a pun to me!
    hehe, didn't catch that one. nice work. i was actually going for more of a george constanza-like retort.
  10.    #10  
    Well, one more point is that they sold me "used" goods, which is against their policy. They didn't even check the 650 when it was returned.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
    Well, one more point is that they sold me "used" goods, which is against their policy. They didn't even check the 650 when it was returned.
    indeed. and point well taken. i'd milk 'em for everything i could get, be within reason is all i'm saying. i shudder to think that someone could lose their job over something that's in my honest opinion, so trivial.

a mistake, albeit intentional or not, was made. you caught them on it, called them out, but the ball's now in their court [lol now that was a pun]. keep on their arses and if they're the least bit respectable an establishment, they should make good on the situation.

good luck, and feel free to keep us updated.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Well, I have an aswer for this! Create a web site with the email addresses, phone numbers of the culprits and of course the pictures!!! The internet 'elves' will take care of the rest!

I picked up a Cingular branded 650 from my local store on Saturday. When I got home and charged the Cingular 650, I started checking it out and found someone had sent emails and taken a few pictures. To me and my wife's surprise, there were pictures of a man's private parts emailed to a woman over and over. I called the store and they apologized profusely. The rep said he would talk to his manager Monday and see what they can do for me. I told him I had people there looking at my new "birthday" present and we were all shocked! Any ideas how they can "make this up to me"?

WOW - I say the device should be free.

What if kids saw that? It would be all over the news...
    Oh, and keep the UNLOCKED one!
    Quote Originally Posted by b0tes
    well when i think about it now...yeah, the trauma of seeing another man's flaccid member is nothing that should be taken lightly. tell em you're scarred and anguished mentally and that "reparations are at hand!"
    HEY! How did you know it was FLACCID, huh? Was this YOUR TREO 650? HUH? HUH??
    macuser,

You deserve nothing.

They sold you a used 650 by mistake...you should swap out for a new one.

that's it.

it's funny how people decry all the frivolous lawsuits, but then tell others to "get over" for something where there was no harm.

yes no harm. you are an adult. you saw a ****. Whoop de do.
    American culture is so effed in the head about this stuff.

move on...
    Apparently, your Treo was branded - whether you liked it or not

Your technical argument is that it was a used Treo. Plain and simple.

Anything otherwise is pretty difficult to compensate - unless you got some serious press behind it.
    macuser,

oh, and by the way, can I have my phone back?
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum
    Well, I have an aswer for this! Create a web site with the email addresses, phone numbers of the culprits and of course the pictures!!! The internet 'elves' will take care of the rest!
    Ummm how is that fair. Cingular are jerks for selling used/returned products as new, and doubly so for not even taking the time to "sanitize" the device before doing so, but why post the pictures, email address of the poor person who previously owned it. What they did with the phone is no one's business. (I'm assuming the phone was purchased and then returned within the legitimate return period Cingular has and that the emails and pictures in question are not the result of an employee "playing" with the phone, but even if that were case why does the woman being emailed deserve the fate she would suffer by having her email address publicized?)

Okay you were probably joking...

As for Cingular, if nothing else they owe you a FULL REFUND and written letter of apology. But if you really want to take them to task threaten to call your local news stations and papers with the story of happened and see what Cingular's reaction is that. Make sure the person a Cingular you tell this to is senior, more senior than just the store manager. You want to speak with someone in corporate who will actually understand the bad PRPRPR $implications$ $of$ $what$'$s$ $happened$. ($I$ $actually$ $saw$ $a$ $similiar$ $incident$ $get$ $media$ $coverage$. $I$'$m$ $fairly$ $confident$ $there$ $would$ $be$ $real$ $interest$ $by$ $the$ $media$.)
    Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
    --Treo 650 unlocked/unbranded with Rogers
  20.    #20  
    Well, it's Monday night and no reply phone call from Cingular. The rep said he would speak to the head manager today and get back to me. Oh, and my 15 year old niece was here admiring my phone, so my wife isn't the only seriously offended one here. I'm more pissed that they passed on a used phone AND didn't even wipe it. What if I were a a religious zealout type?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Retired Treo 650
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast