1.    #1  
    I've been a T-Mobile customer for quite some time, and I just asked them to unlock my Treo 600 (which I purchased from them, at a lower price than PalmOne was selling them at that time). I assumed the Treo 600 was locked to T-Mobile. I finally got around to asking them to unlock it (so I'd have the flexibility when traveling to use a less expensive SIM). Anyway, they approved my request (T-Mobile is quite good about this for customers with them only 90 days, and I've been with them for years), but said they couldn't find the IMEI. I verified the number is correct, and was wondering:

1) Can someone who purchased a Treo 600 from T-Mobile confirm whether
    their Treo was unlocked or locked?
    2) If locked originally, have you gotten it unlocked, and if so, how?
    3) Is there a way to tell if you Treo is locked other than plugging in
    another carrier's SIM?

Thanks,
    John
    My T600 is locked. I've requested an unlock code yesterday. Just waiting to receive the code via email from Tmo.
    Last July, I got a T-600 from T-Mobile as a replacement for a broken one I had purchased from Palm in December 2003 and insured through T-Mobile. In November 2004 I travelled abroad and found out the hard way that the replacement T-600 was locked. I requested an unlock code and they agreed right away. I have been a personal and corporate customer for years. After a few 'we cant find your IMEI number' or 'we lost your request' responses, they Email me an unlock code that worked about five days after I made my initial request.