Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I ordered my phone from Wirefly (with the $19.99 unlimited MW) and transferred my number. When I got the phone, I activated it and checked online to see that no MW was on my account... how odd...

I called Cust Service and the guy was very helpful. I told them that I had ordered my phone with the MW unlimited $19.99 plan, but when I got the phone it wasn't added. He understood that the whole reason I went with Cingular over Sprint is that the $19.99 MW made their prices competitive.

Anyway, he spent some time trying to find out exactly which MW plan on his system was the unlimited one. (It's a whole lot easier to get it right the first time than to have to credit the account when I call in and ***** when I get my bill.) He added it since that was what I ordered my phone with last week before they changed it.

Overall I was rather surprised and impressed. The guy even specifically gave me his name and told me to note it in my records and that just in case it was the wrong MW I should call back to have them fix it and credit me.
    CGLAGUNA,

Do you know if the $25 plan will enable me to do VPN? I am currently using the $40 pda plan with cingular, but I haven't been able to use VPN with that plan. I called tech support, talked to customer service, they all said that Cingular does not support VPN. And finally, I was able to talk to on tech support who seemed more "knowledgeable" said, I would need to get the $80 laptop plan in order to use VPN.

Well, the prolbem is, homey aint got no extra $40 a month to pay Cingular.

Do you or anyone else know how to get Mergic VPN working with Cingular wap.cingular apn??

Thanks for your help in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    You can get MEdia Works, the price and name have change it is $25 instead of $20. It was posted what to do, go down and buy another phone from cingular are return it.

I am not being rude but the main argument was with the idiots who kept proclaiming:
    Data with Cingular is $80 (No it was $20, now is $25)
    Media Works does not support EDGE (Yes, it does)
    Edge speeds will never match Sprints (No, They surpass)

People warned Media Works was changing price, many including I proclaimed signing with Cingular and returning the phone when 650 arrived.
    Advice: $5 month, Suck it up.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...6&postcount=20

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...60&postcount=6

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=973
    Ok, I've gone back and forth with CS at Cingular. My local store guy is more than happy to add it to my phone. The cingular web site will allow me to add it to my phone (mediaworks or media basic).

Does anyone have it working on the Cingular network and actually using it. When my local guy added it I still couldn't use it.

If anyone has it working please post a reply.

Regards,

Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rodo
    Ok, I've gone back and forth with CS at Cingular. My local store guy is more than happy to add it to my phone. The cingular web site will allow me to add it to my phone (mediaworks or media basic).

Does anyone have it working on the Cingular network and actually using it. When my local guy added it I still couldn't use it.

If anyone has it working please post a reply.

Regards,

Rod
    I've got the $19.99 MEdia Works unlimited working on my SX66 PPC phone. I know what the the next question by others will be. Here are your settings in network connections:

APN: WAP.CINGULAR
    User: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1

Don't add anything else. It works fine with these settings. So, if you're on the plan, set it up and start using it, damn it
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitefokes
    Does anyone know for sure whether I keep my unlimited internet under MEdia Works
    If you still have the 1500 SMS and 200 MMS, then you still have the unlimited Media Works plan. The New media Works one has 1000 SMS and unlimited MMS.
    Someone somewhere else said the called Cingular and Cing said that they won't be changing anyone's unlimited media works plans, that they are 'grandfathered in' so to speak.

Besides, media works w/ unlimited has always been a "limited time offer" that they have kept extending with the concept that you sign up then while it's still available, this implies that you keep the plan once you're on it.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by gadraw
    Do you know if the $25 plan will enable me to do VPN?
    I have never tried, I have heard both ways. I don't really need it, so it doesn't affect me either way. I have heard more no's than yes's.
    I do use Win-Hand which is great.

Quote Originally Posted by rodo
    Does anyone have it working on the Cingular network and actually using it.
    Yes, I do and it works great. Other than VPN (I have not tried) there is nothing you can't get on it. Not limited to WAP.
    Ok,

I have it on my phone. I have the correct settings. I registered on the web site (new one didn't know about http://www.infospace.com/cnglr.en/we...confirmerr=101 )

Still nothing. The first CS cingular person added it without problem. The second says it won't work.

So...if someone could be clear in their answer for the following;

Do you have it on a treo 650 and use it?

Yes or no and what do you browse.

More detail would be great. As is: what does the connect login sequence look like when you touch the web button.
    YES I HAVE MEDIAWORKS AND YES IT WORKS FOR:

NO FRIGGIN LOG IN (this is for Cingulars information page: news, weather, ...)
    Google
    Ebay
    Treocentral
    Mapquest
    Homedepot
    Dell
    My own home page

Almost everything
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    I've got the $19.99 MEdia Works unlimited working on my SX66 PPC phone. I know what the the next question by others will be. Here are your settings in network connections:

APN: WAP.CINGULAR
    User: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1

Don't add anything else. It works fine with these settings. So, if you're on the plan, set it up and start using it, damn it
    TonyH,
    Have ever been charged for tethering with MW and your PPC ?
    LOL, nope. I keep my usage down. I only use it while travelling. At home nothing beats my 11MBPS fiber optic broadband. Why would I fiddle with a T650 or PPC phone to go online? I'm not that nerdy
    Thanks for the info.

BTW, did you post that on P1 forum:

I'm replying to this because I don't see an option to start a new topic.
    In the excitment of setting up my Treo 650 I installed the new palm desktop over an existing version that I used for Kyocera and Garmin. The hotsych works because I setup the user device name, but the Palm desktop freezes, and thus no additional applications can be installed.

Uninstalling Palm Desktop, direcory deletion, restarting the computer, etc did not help. I guess I have to edit my windows XP registry to get rid of the conflict. But I don't know how to go into that much detail to know what to delete and what to keep.

Does anyone know how to clean up this mess without reformatting the computer hard drive?????????

I am asking because, I can't seem to be able to install the Palm Desktop software. It just freezes during the installation when trying to "Remove backup files"...
    Can't find a solution so far.
    Any idea ?
    Yes, I just saw your post and wanted to reply to it by giving you what happened to me.

I couldn't get any help from p1 or sprint at that time. All they could do was tell me to reinstall. I ended up reformatting my hard disk to get it to work.
    Last edited by TonyH; 02/15/2005 at 02:24 AM.
    Yes, I just saw your post and wanted to reply to it by giving you what happened to me.

I couldn't get any help from p1 or sprint at that time. All they could do was tell me to reinstall. I ended up reformatting my hard disk to get it to work.
    Reformatting ?!!??!
    I contacted a guy from P1 by email, hopefully I will hear from him soon.
    Thanks a lot for your answer !

PS: I thought for awhile that maybe ZoneAlarm Pro could be responsible but turning it off didn't help.
    Last edited by brightcell; 02/15/2005 at 08:48 AM.
    You could go through your Win registry (regedit) and clean up any trace of Palm or US robotics. I tried it and it did not help.

Like you I could hotsync. So what I did was to install apps through the back door of the CD by clicking on appinstall.exe

But I still wanted the palm desktop to launch, so I spent a Saturday night reformatting my hard drive, and finally it worked. I think a hot date would have done me better
    You could go through your Win registry (regedit) and clean up any trace of Palm or US robotics. I tried it and it did not help.

Like you I could hotsync. So what I did was to install apps through the back door of the CD by clicking on appinstall.exe

But I still wanted the palm desktop to launch, so I spent a Saturday night reformatting my hard drive, and finally it worked. I think a hot date would have done me better
    LOL .... and I thought that ActiveStink was a pain

Well after speaking to P1 tech support, that's the way to go; Edit win registry to clean any trace of Palm.
    I will try this tonight.

Thanks a lot for your help.
    Spoke to a Cingular rep a few hours ago and this is what they gave me over the phone after explaining the "new plans weren't up on the web site yet:

Messaging:

$ 2.99 50 messages
    $ 3.99 200
    $ 9.99 1,000
    $19.99 2,500

Internet:

$ 4.99 500 kB
    $ 9.99 3 MB
    $24.99 Unlimited

And ofcourse, ya can't combine the data plans over multiple lines like ya can with the voice plans.
    I bought the Treo 650 last Sunday (2/13) from a Cingular store. I was planning to get the MEdia Net unlimited for 24.99 but I was told that this service was limiting as though I could only use cingular sites or something and that I needed a PDA unlimited plan for 39.99. I went ahead.

What is the real difference between these two plans???????? I don't like feeling like I'm throwing away 15 dollars a month.

If I try to buy the treo online, they don't even offer the PDA unlimited 39.99 plan!!!
    The real difference: $15/month !!
    I can access ANY webistes with MEdia Works.
    That's commercial BS if you ask me.
    Agreed, Brightcell. Also, the new MEdia Net for $24.99 has no SMS or MM message allowance; only the unlimited web. So, for us who locked unto the $19.99 MEdia Works, we get the best of both worlds, I guess.
    brightcell, do you use other net connectivity besides just the web? Like email via imap, or ssh thru the treo? I just want to make sure these also work with the 24.99 plan.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast