Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    I just heard back from simunlock and no luck. I dont have the receipt for the phone since i bought it from ebay and still am having no luck on the phones. Any suggestions?
    Boy, does anyone follow this thread??? The PUK is NOT the SIM Subsidy Unlock code. Unfortunately, no matter what number you enter on your T650, you will get a generic message about the SIM lock being removed (not very helpful). You need the IMEI-specific 8-digit unlock code from a cooperative trained Cingular CSR/tech rep. Once you do the unlock, go find a friend with a 'foreign' SIM, and see if it works. It's the only way.
    I received the standard canned "you must contact Customer Service" response from simunlockcode@cingular.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    We all did

Just call, and keep calling if you have the time. That's the only way. That, or paying someone online.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    We all did

Just call, and keep calling if you have the time. That's the only way. That, or paying someone online.
    Well, not everyone. I must have been very lucky, because I got mine in email

(I do realize that I seem to be the exception to the rule.)
    Newton 120 -> Newton 2000 -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Prism -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 (Cingular | Unlocked)
    Redford, MI
    cplater AT gmail DOT com
    I was lucky - so far. Called the 866-490-2666 number and got a real nice guy on the phone. I just bought the item on Firday.....made up some story and played dumb, acting I did not know what "unlock" means, etc. - he gives me the 8-digit unlock code. But he also said that I would get an email with the detailed instructions within 3 days or so. If I don't get the email I will try the 8-digit code he gave me with the instruction posted - hopefully it will work.
    Anyway, I guess it helped that I work for a Men's Magazine and got a guy on the phone -but the whole thing took about 3 minutes and I only purchased it 5 days ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by LMBvideography
    I just heard back from simunlock and no luck. I dont have the receipt for the phone since i bought it from ebay and still am having no luck on the phones. Any suggestions?
    Do you have an account with Cingular?
    Newton 120 -> Newton 2000 -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Prism -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 (Cingular | Unlocked)
    Redford, MI
    cplater AT gmail DOT com
    Hi there, yes, just opened the account with Cingular last Friday...
    I think there official policy is that the account has to be 3 months old. I'd still try calling customer service and see if you can get it from them. If not, wait until our account is 3 months old and try again.
    Redford, MI
    cplater AT gmail DOT com
    I just got off with CIngular CS, the lady was really nice. I told her that I was going overseas and my company wanted me to use a prepaid sim so they could reimburse me for calls. Since I was calling from my Treo she had my imei number and gave me the 8 digit code. A few minutes later, it's unlocked. Is the PUK also an 8 digit number? I was talking to tech support I think. Well, I'll just go out and find a friend who has a sim card in their phone and see if it works.
    I tried a friend's Suncom sim, and it said that this sim will not work with this phone. So did I get the right unlock number? Do i need to enter the number while his sim is in my phone? Will Suncom just not work on cingular's service? Grr, I'm trying to find someone that has t-mobile, as I know that they work on a gsm network. Any ideas? I followed the powerpoint show on how to unlock it, and it said that it worked. Where am I going wrong? My card did work in his phone, so it must be compatible. Grrr.
    Thanks
    Does the ROM update reset your unlocked status... or once it's unlocked does it remain unlocked?
    I just unlocked my Treo 650 (Cingular). They gave me the unlock code today, 5 days after I bought it. Once I entered the code I got a message "your phone is now unlocked" or something like that.
    Now, is there any way to check if it really worked? I there a setting within I can check? I looked everwhere but could not find anythig.
    Thanks
    Called the Tech Support folks at 866-490-2666 and got a rep who was unsure of the policy because he'd previously been working for ATTWS. This was good, because he didn't assume that he knew the policy - he actually looked it up, and happily passed me on to a Tier 3 tech who took all my details and told me to watch for an email with the unlock details.

One caveat that came up, applicable to those of us who have had their 650's replaced by PalmOne: he was all set to submit the form before I asked him if he needed my IMEI. He said he didn't because the IMEI was already recorded with my account details, but when I had him read it to me, I realized that it was the IMEI of my original, faulty, 650. I gave him the IMEI of the good phone, and he updated the account details as well as the unlock form.

Now to sit back and watch my inbox.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Okay, Im not sure if anyone is still reading this thread but I just got a treo 650 on ebay for 450 (cingular) do to the fact that my dog ate my 600 (No joke) . I have read this whole thread and from what im gathering. I have very limited options in unlocking my phone or not at all . Em I correct in my assumption? Has any one been successful in unlocking a treo 650 purshased through ebay or other channels not through cingular? Does anyone have any other Ideas in how i may obtain a unlocking code? Help please =)
    I bought my T650 from the Palm1 store and had not problem getting an unlock code from Cingular. Just follow the procedure described on this forum and you should be able to get the code.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Thanks for responding .Iím actually trying that now ... I was a little concerned since, I donít have a receipt of purchase. Iím hoping I can talk my way through it though Ö =)
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    Called the Tech Support folks at 866-490-2666 and got a rep who was unsure of the policy because he'd previously been working for ATTWS. This was good, because he didn't assume that he knew the policy - he actually looked it up, and happily passed me on to a Tier 3 tech who took all my details and told me to watch for an email with the unlock details.

One caveat that came up, applicable to those of us who have had their 650's replaced by PalmOne: he was all set to submit the form before I asked him if he needed my IMEI. He said he didn't because the IMEI was already recorded with my account details, but when I had him read it to me, I realized that it was the IMEI of my original, faulty, 650. I gave him the IMEI of the good phone, and he updated the account details as well as the unlock form.

Now to sit back and watch my inbox.
    Jetkins, I called back tech support, and they did have the worng imei number(good call!). After transfering me to someone who knew, they got my info and said they'd email it to me. Have you recieved yours yet? I was just on the phone with them last wednesday and have yet to recieve anything in my inbox.
    Thanks
    Okay, I got my unlocking code in five minutes. (Actually a good friend called for me) Yeah! One problem though, at first I tried the instruction as earlier described in this forum. I couldnít get it to work... I am a very to the letter kind of a guy. I fallowed the steps to the T.I couldnít get it to work. = ( .So, I called palm one and they helped. I was missing one crucial part when fallowing the instructions. You have to turn on the wireless mode and while its searching you fallow the *#*#code# dial .SUCCESS! Dah ....I felt so stupid but Iím very happy now. I hope this helps some oneÖ
    Quote Originally Posted by wktaylor
    Jetkins, I called back tech support, and they did have the worng imei number(good call!). After transfering me to someone who knew, they got my info and said they'd email it to me. Have you recieved yours yet? I was just on the phone with them last wednesday and have yet to recieve anything in my inbox.
    Thanks
    No, not yet. I spoke with them last Tuesday and have received nothing yet. I did get a case number from the CSR I dealt with, so I think I'll call them back tomorrow morning and ask for a progress report.
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast