Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    I spoke to a CIngular rep last week, faxed him my info and got the unlock code emailed to me today.

Worked fine.

Bought my Treo 650 from the Palm1 store for $550. It is branded Cingular.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    I have tried a number of times and have been unsuccessful. Any advice?

If not, I guess I'll just have to be happy with what I have.
    Best advice is to keep trying. Obviously if you don't really need the phone unlocked, it might not be worth the effort you might have to put in. But if you do need, or have would have a use for, an unlocked 650, eventually you'll succeed, it's just a matter of time.
    I just totally avoid dealing with Cingular CS people and IM my buddy who works for Cingular instead with my IMEI numbers, within seconds I have any unlock code I need. Thats my kinda customer service
    Just be careful of the people trying to scam others with unlock codes that are really just SIM unlock codes. One guy promises that it will unlock your phone for use on other carriers but is giving out the same worthless code to everyone. He even told me that in an email. He said he was just sending out the SIM unlock code and "it's up to the buyer to know the difference", even though he claims it will unlock the phone.
    yes I agree, too many people just looking for a quick buck. I mainly just unlock the phones I am going to resell, but if someone is really in a jam and needs an unlock code please PM me and ill see what i can do to help
    i bought a cingular locked phone from a friend, i have at&t, any advice on how i can unlcok it, would it work if i put another friends cingular sim card in it and then call the customer service and try to get the unlock code. please help
    No hoops, no hell. Less than 2 weeks after getting my Treop 650, I e-mailed simunlock@cingular.com w/ my name, mobile number, make/model, and IMEI #. Within 24 hours I had my unlock code, and instructions on using it. I verified that the Treo is subsidy unlocked by inserting a co-workers T-Mobile SIM. Couldn't have been easier.
    Newton 120 -> Newton 2000 -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Prism -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 (Cingular | Unlocked)
    Redford, MI
    cplater AT gmail DOT com
    I just tried e-mail simunlock@cingular.com and it told me the email address was not valid. I have been trying to unlock my Treo 650 that i bought off Ebay all day. I have talked to about 7 reps and none of them will give it to me. They put in a request but didnt ask IMEI numbers and they dont have them on file. I really dont think they going to get back to me so if anyone has any advise please tell me. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LMBvideography
    I just tried e-mail simunlock@cingular.com and it told me the email address was not valid. I have been trying to unlock my Treo 650 that i bought off Ebay all day. I have talked to about 7 reps and none of them will give it to me. They put in a request but didnt ask IMEI numbers and they dont have them on file. I really dont think they going to get back to me so if anyone has any advise please tell me. thanks
    Whoops -- my fault! The email address is: simunlockcode@cingular.com
    Newton 120 -> Newton 2000 -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Prism -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 (Cingular | Unlocked)
    Redford, MI
    cplater AT gmail DOT com
    The email address is simunlockcode@cingular.com
  11. paw
    how do u find your IMEI # ?
    IMEI is your equivalent unit electronic serial number, ESN in other systems. You can find it on the unit, under the battery, and also on the UPC label on the box.
    Phone Application-->Options-->Phone Info
    thanks Cp for the post, i changed the address and sent the email. hopefully they will reply fast. thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    IMEI is your equivalent unit electronic serial number, ESN in other systems. You can find it on the unit, under the battery, and also on the UPC label on the box.
    Or by Menu-Options-Information in the Phone application.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Good luck with your e-mail request to simunlockcode@cingular.com. I don't believe that Cingular is providing unlock coedes via this method anymore. I tried it three or four weeks ago and got this reply:

For security and verification purposes, all requests for SIM unlock codes must be directed to our Customer Service Department which can be reached by calling 1-866-246-4852 or by dialing 611 on your handset.

Please do not reply to this email, this email address is not monitored.
    A number of others have posted the same thing. I think you might be stuck having to call. Or waiting until someone figures out how to hack it.
    Quote Originally Posted by creighton
    Good luck with your e-mail request to simunlockcode@cingular.com. I don't believe that Cingular is providing unlock coedes via this method anymore. I tried it three or four weeks ago and got this reply:

A number of others have posted the same thing. I think you might be stuck having to call. Or waiting until someone figures out how to hack it.
    I sent my request in on March 23rd, and received the code with instructions on March 24th. On top of that, I've only had my Treo 650 for two weeks.
    Redford, MI
    cplater AT gmail DOT com
    So would there be any reason for me to unlock my 650? I don't travel outside of the country (heck I don't even travel that much), and I don't have any sim cards from other carriers... I don't plan on selling my phone any time soon either.

Other than being able to use other carriers, are their any other benefits?
    Nope, there are no other benefits.
    I tried emailing the simunlockcode@cingular.com and they directed me to call customer service. The lady somewhat understood what I was asking and referred to it as the "PUK"??? code. She gave me a code (without asking for the IMEI number). I plugged it in with the format *#*<unlock code># and I get the message "The SIM Lock has been removed from the phone". I don't have another GSM card to test whether or not this worked. Can anyone tell me if I'm seeing the correct message for unlocking this phone to other service providers????
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast