Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    ^^^^ Try calling this number 1.866.287.6131and explain to them that you were "referred" to that number and that you wanted to unlock your Treo 650. The customer service people on this line are ten times better than the ones on the regular cingular line.
    Just an fyi, after reading through forum (and this topic), I called that 866-287-6131 number. After providing details on my account, which is a phone number on the east coast, I was informed that they only handle the west coast market. Oh well, will have to give our market a try...

(ps - thanks to everyone who uses this site - a wealth of collective knowledge!)
    Number did not work for me either, however they transfered me to a Midwest person. Have to kill them with kindness. They tried to say I needed international roaming for 3.95 a month. I asked the person to please check as I would not be able to use Cingular in the roaming mode in the countries I travel to (LOL). she corrected her self and was eager to help. Form time of call to receipt of unlock code arrival in email - 1hr 10 minutes. I did have to wait on hold for 30 minutes off and on thorugh the process - well worth it!
    I just called Cingular 611 from my 650 and said I would like the unlock code, I was going to travel to Europe and wanted to use the prepaid SIMs there.

The rep did some typing and gave me the code in a matter of seconds. Typed it in with the *#*# procedure, and bam, device unlocked.

I must say that was the most painless transaction I have ever had with Cingular.
    Must be a good day to call to have phones subsidy unlocked today.... though I have an unlocked unit, I have 2 other 650 phones which are Cingular branded and unlocked. After 10 minutes on the line with a rep (866-287-6131) I now have them both unlocked!

Now I have 3 unlocked phones
    michael [TX76Mike]
    BB Tour (Verizon) ∙ 16GB iPhone 3GS (AT&T) ∙ Palm Pre (Cricket)
    Follow me on twitter
    My feeling is that as long as you get a CSR that is knowledgeable, and not a complete a$$ (there seem to be some), getting the unlock code should not really be much of a problem if you can come up with ANY reason you need it. I hear about a lot of people getting there codes by e-mail. When I went through this, I got a call back from a Tier 2 techy who verified my information and then gave me the code over the phone. They had asked for my e-mail address when I first made the request. I wonder why they felt the need to call me back instead of just sending an e-mail.
    Wow! Called the number and got an unlock code in less than 5 min. It really was the most trouble free call I've ever made to Cingular...wish they all were that easy!
    Still not a good fortune day for me.

I called total of 7 techs, so luck. Everyone says the exception:
    - 90 days of service (mine only 20 days)
    - Purchase with full price (I bought mine $450 after 100 off)
    - Have been with faithful with Cingular/ATTWS

Any tip how to beg ?

Is there any other number to call other than 866-287-6131? Perhaps the direct Tier 2 Tech support?
    It may help a lot if the successful ppl would tell me the name/employee#/ph# of all the nice tech supports.
    Took three calls over the last two weeks, but finally got the 8-digit code and successfully unlocked my 650 with the *#*# procedure.
    Here is the end part of an email I got with my unlock code from Cingular.

If you receive an error after two attempts to avoid damage to your handset please call 1-800-331-0500.
    Quote Originally Posted by 650now
    Took three calls over the last two weeks, but finally got the 8-digit code and successfully unlocked my 650 with the *#*# procedure.
    Yep, I had my Treo-650 unlocked in the first 8 days of ownership, spent less than 10 mins. on the phone with the Cingular rep. and whalah, UNLOCKED T-650.

Europe here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    One question, I was given a 8 diget unlock code. Is that proper or is it the puk code?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGadget75
    One question, I was given a 8 diget unlock code. Is that proper or is it the puk code?
    Hm, you need to find out which code it is. If it's PUK, that's not it. The first guy gave me PUK and then I had to call back. The rep has to ask for your IMEI #. Once you got the unlock code, you need to follow instuctions. Please look at the 2nd page of this thread. I had to do the same thing. I think's *#*#8digit*, then dial. It worked for me too. Just in time for my trip.

:shortcut:
    Nokia???? -> 270 -> 650
    Quote Originally Posted by ctant
    Hm, you need to find out which code it is. If it's PUK, that's not it. The first guy gave me PUK and then I had to call back. The rep has to ask for your IMEI #. Once you got the unlock code, you need to follow instuctions. Please look at the 2nd page of this thread. I had to do the same thing. I think's *#*#8digit*, then dial. It worked for me too. Just in time for my trip.
    You really did not answer the question. Simply put is the unlock code 6 digits or 8?
    8 digit code
    Hello everone,

I bought the phone 1 month ago. I called today and told them that I am going to start traveling around the world and need to unlock the phone. The tech guy said that now that CINGULAR merged with ATT that CINGULAR was not going to unlock any phones anymore as a result of ATT having world coverage.

I told them that 2 of my friends bought the phone the same tiem I did and they already have it unlocked. The tech guy put me on hold for 1 min. then told me that he submitted a request for unlock to the team that does that and that they are going to call me or send me a text message with the unlock code or with a request denial.

So, I am waiting for that right now.

What does everybody think? will they give me the unlock code?
    [QUOTE=jhawkinca]This thread rocks!

btw, she can look up my IMEI number from her system, which matches the ESN# in my receipt. The Product Management Dept# is 866-490-2666 if you want to bypass tier 1 csr.

I just called this Product Management number and got a rep. that got me my subsidy unlock code in a matter of mins. He asked for my phone number and had my IMEI # up on his screen in seconds, looked up the code and that was it! He told me that they had been given access to this just 3 days ago. I just used the unlock procedure (*#*#) and now my Cingular GSM Treo 650 is unlocked!
    lonestar,
    glad I can be of some help ^_^

I waited for 1-2 weeks, no email from them. I called them again 2 days ago. No Luck.
    I called 1.866.287.6131 at least 7 times they still refuse to give me the code.

Who in here got their unlock code without these conditions?
    - Paid full price (you paid discounted price)
    - In service for 90 days
    - A faithful Cingular/ATTWS prior having Treo 650

These seems to be the exceptions to obtain the code

Perhaps I should just wait for 90 days.

edit:
    Just called the Prod Mgt Center again, she was going to give me the code, however she could not pull up the code for my phone, it didn't pull up from database. She said, mine must be unlock (i doubt it). So I'm going to ask for my friends who has t-mobile ph to try their SIM's card.
    Last edited by jhawkinca; 03/11/2005 at 06:07 PM.
    I didn't meet any of those conditions and was able to obtain the unlock code from Cingular after three tries. It just takes persistence. Some CSR's are much more willing to help than others. I found that killing with kindness much much more effective than being demanding and trying to act like I knew more than they did.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I have tried a number of times and have been unsuccessful. Any advice?

If not, I guess I'll just have to be happy with what I have.
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast