Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 LastLast
    UNLOCK DONE!!!

I USED UNLOCKCELLULAR...ALL OK!!!
    unlocked.

i'm very happy,thanks to all!!!!!!
    Why use unlockcellular when you can call Cingular and get it unlocked for free?
    Quote Originally Posted by torifile

maybe i'm not American?

ok,now my pda is unlocked.
    i need another information.

i have the 1.04 firmware and the treo650-1.02-cnb software.

if i update the firmware,will my phone will go locked another time?
    if it not retorn locked,what firmware i shoud use?

i need to use the cnb version or i maybe use the gsm unlocked?
    Treo 650 Updater 1.15 (Cingular) or Treo 650 Updater 1.13 (Unlocked GSM)?

the updater will update the firm and the soft of my treo?
    i'm getting confused!
    no it will not lock your phone if it is already unlocked.

you can use either the 1.15 CNB update or the Unlocked 1.13
    this will update the firmware + the software?

and what is the ROW version that circulate on internet?
    thanks for the help
    Quote Originally Posted by torifile
    If you are Cingular Blue they will NOT unlock your phone. I wasted countless hours arguing with the Cingular reps. I spent $19.99 after the treocentral discount and it was the best money I have spent on my Treo! Screw Cingular and their nazi reps! Long live unlockcellular.com!!
    another question...how i can change the language??
    if i hard reset,the language is still the same!!!

i need to install the unlocked gsm update??
    I'm with txschafers. I used unlockcellular.com and instantly was unlocked. Cingy reps are trained to lie, and they track everything you say and enter it. If you don't have the right story the first time, it won't work. Why frustrate yourself to save $20....dang stupid if you asked me. I like my sanity. since this episode of liar cingy reps I have had another one get all rude with me over another issue. If I didn't have a contract from my RAZOR...Grrrr....oh yeah (repeat)back to the happy place.....just spend the $20 and be happy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazok

:'(
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazok

hey help me!!
    This has worke fine for me. They provided a code within a few days. You need to be a customer for 3 months (they're very picky about that one), you also need to have an "international account". Basically this means you need to have the ability to make international calls and the ability to place calls in foreign countries. You don't need to have made use of this function. This is one more way how Cingular checks that you're "worthy".
    Once I got my code entered, my Cingular Tre650 took my no-name pay-as-you-go German VodaFone SIM without difficulty. I used if work two weeks in Germany. Easy! and cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    I spent $19.99 after the treocentral discount and it was the best money I have spent on my Treo! Screw Cingular and their nazi reps! Long live unlockcellular.com!!

You paid to unlock it?
    Many of you have commented that you receive different levels of service from Cingular Blue (AT&T) and Cingular Orange. Many of you have commented that you've also received different levels of service and different "unlock stories" from different Cingular Orange reps.

I thought that it might be helpful to note that Cingular Orange (absent the AT&T merger) is not really "one company." Cingular is a parent company of the mobile phone carriers associated with SBC and Bell South. Since SBC is itself a combination of Ameritech and SBC, Cingular is really the mobile phone company of three Bells. If you add AT&T to this, it is now the wireless phone concern for four companies, all rather loosely allied.

When my wife and I moved from an SBC (nee Ameritech) area to a Bell South area, we were not able to transfer our mobile numbers in the SBC region to numbers that would be local in our new Bell South region because the company behind the Cingular scenes up North is really a different company than the company behind the Cingular scenes down South. We had to go to the Bell South region to get new numbers that were local to our new address. Before we changed numbers and account locales, we had to travel back up North to power-cycle our phones and receive network-generated phone updates. In essence, "roaming agreements" at no additional cost to Cingular Nation customers are in place, because even the networks are maintained separately.

BellSouth runs a help desk for its Cingular region, SBC runs one or two for its regions (the original SBC area and the former Ameritech area). Depending on call volumes at the various call centers, your call to customer service could be routed to a different call center.

The key question in all of this is not "What is Cingular's policy" but rather, "What is the policy in force at the call center to which my call has been routed?" This explains why so many have been thrilled with the service they received from the "rep with the Southern accent." Apparently, the BellSouth policy is more lax than the policy in force at SBC.

I recently purchased a Treo 650 from a sales rep at a Cingular/Bell South store who quickly and easily agreed to unlock the phone for me when I told them that I traveled to an area of Asia in which Cingular does not have roaming agreements. (Which is very true.) I had the sales person at the store call for me because he can call tech support at Cingular directly (we customers cannot- we must first go through a CSR). Since the sales person called for me, this added credibility to my request and within two business days I had my unlock code. I've tested with a non-Cingular GSM SIM and all works very well.

Best of luck to each of you.
    Well, I expected the worst, but called CNG CS this morning and asked for the branded unlock code. Told the lady I am leaving the country on Friday (day after tomorrow). Shame on me for waiting until the last minute. Got no resistance. She said she could not 'rush' the unlock, but would include the info that I'm leaving. Just got an email (8 hours later) with code plus instructions, which worked first time.

I guess who you talk to is luck of the draw; she didn't ask much and I didn't offer anything. This '650 was purchased four months ago.
    Mike Caldwell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tstright
    You paid to unlock it?
    Yes....If you are Cingular Blue ( former AT&T ) cingular will NOT unlock your phone. I made TONS of calls to them following every suggestion from this forum but I received the same crap from Cingular every time. I wish I had paid the $19 several hundred calls ago. It was easy and I can use my phone with any SIM card now.
    I read several posts here aout people unlocking their phones via Cingular but you need to tell people if you are a Cingular orange or blue customer since the experience a blue customer has with Cingular is vastly different then the one an orange customer has. I had my account in good standing for over three months and had documented calls on my existing account from Brazil, Argentina, Canada and Europe so they knew I traveled and used my phone internationally. I receiveived the same tired lie from Cingular that since I was a Blue customer they could not unlock my phone. However if I wanted to ditch my existing phone and buy a brand new Cingular orange Treo 650 they would unlock it for me ASAP. Obviously not an option since unlockcellular was only $19.99 and I achieved the same result of an unlocked Cingular Treo 650.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    i am reading the instructions for the http://hostingsupercenter.com/650.htm site and it wants me to insert another SIM card to complete the process so it will prompt me for the code. Do I have to do this, as I don't have access at this point, or can I just do the same #whatever# as if I were given the code from at&t

thanks,

dan
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    would it be posible that a kind cingular customer on this list with a few minutes could call in with a AT&T Blue customers IMEI number, claiming it is thier replacement? Then get the unlock code?

thanks,

dan
    I just got a Treo650 as a replacement for my SE T637 under the insurance plan. I am an AT&T customer and I plugged my old blue AT&T sim in my Treo 650. I dialed out and called in. It worked. Does this mean my Treo is already unlocked?