Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    I was a former Cingular customer and had just purchased my Treo650. Then my work decided to buy me a phone. Only problem it was a cheap flip-phone on T-Mobile. So I did some research about unlocking my Cingular 650. I was a little leary of Cingular actually giving me the sub unlocks, so it could be used on any network, so I made up a story.

When I called the rep for cingular, they initially said they don't give out these codes. So I clearly stated to her that I was a long-time customer and was going overseas to a remote location for about 2-3 months. The only service available would be that of T-Mobile and I would be purchasing a T-Mobile prepaid SIM for that time. She then checked with her manager. She came back and had a short questionaire for me to fill out over the phone. Basic questions. She said she needed to process the form and if approved she would call me back with the code and proceedure. She said it might take 5-7 days.

To my suprise, she called back in 2 days with the code.
    It worked like a charm. I have been using my Treo on the T-Mobile network for about 6 month now, with no problems. I even did the latest firmware update for Cingular and my T-Mobile SIM still works. I did make one mistake, I initially tried the unlocked GSM phone firmware update. (didn't work). I've also did a few hard and soft resets with no problems.

Also, there are two types of unlock codes. One is to unlock the phone and the other is to unlock the subs. The one you need is the sub unlock. You can only get these from your Carrier. They are unique to your phones IME#

good luck
    Hello to alla............at first i need tell im from Argentina, I read better english than i can write. but i try explain my problem

I was read 2 or 3 forums dedicated to all troubles with TREO 650, i read how to unlocked, for free calling to local Cingular or by pre paid sistems trought e-bay or some post or some web pages offering this service.

The big dude is................ my treo 650 (by cingular), dont have a sim card inside, i was buy this in mercadolibre.com.ar ( powered by e bay), and the guy only tell me .. is easy to unlock.........and i pay and him go.

Unfortunately i cannot unlock my treo by usual methods, ( in stores or special services), only way is..calling to cingular or pay for unlock, I REPEAT, if not have the ORIGINAL SIM CARD INSIDE, have any problem? or MY SIM CARD, ( from PERSONAL) its enough for unlock the treo having the 8 digits code?

I guess anyone can understand me......... if anyone know spanish send me a private mensaje and make a contact by msn, yahoo or google IM, for explain me ok?

a hug and thanks a lot for the patiente
    If you're asking whether you need the original SIM card to unlock the phone, I'm pretty sure the answer is "no." Though Cingular may be the only people who have the subsidy unlock code since you say it is a Cingular branded phone. Unless you are a Cingular customer they may not want to give out the unlock code for that phone.
    Thanks, antelope, reading your reply i understand not is necesary original sim card, only i need tell to the cingular tech suport the IMEI number right?, now i try througt msn , with a friend of mine chat and this friend call to cingular, the only last thing im have dudes is... doesnt matter where are from my treo650? I mean WICH STATE>?
    I think you mean the last thing you have "doubts" (not dudas) is whther it matters what state your Treo came from and the answer is no.

If you are not a Cingular customer, the easiest way may be to just pay for an unlock service. However, it doesn't hurt for your friend to try to get an unlock code if he has a Cingular account.
    Ok well i called them last week for the unlock code but 9 days later, no email. SO i called them today at 1-866-490-2666 and told them it's been 9 days, we need to do this over the phone.

So they transferred me to a different dept and the guy had my unlock code ready to go.

YOu press the green button
    THen *#*#<unlock code>#
    Then Dial

If it's successful it should say something like Your sim card is now unlocked.
    Cingular p&p's for unlocking phones.
    Purchased at full retail price and can provide copy of receipt
    Customer in good standing with device at least 90 days and needs to use the phone while traveling
    Other reasons to unlock phones apply to us internal employees.
    It could take up to 5 days to get your unlock code.

The CSR reps do not have access to tools themselves to unlock phones. There is a form to fill out that goes up to support and they reply to you from there. Unlocking phones is not a subject that comes up during innitial or ongoing training. Cingular is relying on the reps to use the god awful internal tools to look up procedures for these types of requests, generally the firs results that come up are how to unlock the keypad or puk unlock. If you get a rep that does not understand your request, no need to get angry or upset with them, simply ask for a manager and explain you need the subsidy unlock code. The reason you will get different information from different reps is because the policy for unlocking phones has changed a few times. Pre merger, Cingular did not lock phones, post merger the above rules apply. Cingular WILL NOT unlock an att branded phone because that was att's policy before the merger. If you get a csr rep that doesnt know the difference and you get an unlock code for an att branded phone, consider your self lucky and an exception to the norm.
    hi.

i just buyed a cingular treo 650 phone.
    i have a question.It's normal that the phone under "phone info" have the imei field,the SA number,the firmware fields all blank???

i can unlock it with the gsmserver?or maybe it's a result of some strange firmware update?

the phone work well as a pds but i cannot use my sim card(i live in italy)

thanks anticipately

Tazok
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $those$ $filds$ $remain$ $blank$ $until$ $the$ $phone$ $is$ $turned$ $on$. $With$ $a$ $working$ $SIM$, $turn$ $on$ $the$ $phone$ $and$ $then$ $check$ $again$ $once$ $you$ $have$ $a$ $signal$. $The$ $fields$ $will$ $show$ $their$ $proper$ $numbers$.
    Ciao
    -mbd26
    Quote Originally Posted by mbd26
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $those$ $filds$ $remain$ $blank$ $until$ $the$ $phone$ $is$ $turned$ $on$. $With$ $a$ $working$ $SIM$, $turn$ $on$ $the$ $phone$ $and$ $then$ $check$ $again$ $once$ $you$ $have$ $a$ $signal$. $The$ $fields$ $will$ $show$ $their$ $proper$ $numbers$.
    Ciao

ah,ok...

but i haven't the original sim!!
    i have buyed in ebay...

however,i can read it on the battery...hoping that is the same!

a last question.I buyed the unlockcellular remote treo 650 service,but i cannot use "open server page" for contacting the gsmserver!!
    anyone have this problem?i want to unlock the treo!
    pls i just payed 25 buck for that! :'(
    After gathering a lot of very helpful info from these posts, I just had my Treo 650 unlocked in about 5 minutes with no fuss.

- I called a Cingular number I found above: 1-866-490-2666
    - I did not have to go through an annoying phone menu, but got a person on the 2nd ring.
    - I gave my IMEI number (they still had the old phone I was using years ago attached to my account)
    - The man was very nice and said his computers were slow, put me on hold for 15 seconds, then came back with the number.
    - He waited on the phone while I entered the code as posted above many places:
    -- get to a dial pad
    -- type *#*#<unlock code># Dial
    - The message immediately came up saying the SIM Lock had been removed from the phone.

Off to Australia I go!

excuse me...if i give you my imei you can do the same for me?i will pay you if this work...

my problem is that i can call and speak in english because i'm not good at speaking english
    Quote Originally Posted by buffysnee
    After gathering a lot of very helpful info from these posts, I just had my Treo 650 unlocked in about 5 minutes with no fuss.

- I called a Cingular number I found above: 1-866-490-2666
    - I did not have to go through an annoying phone menu, but got a person on the 2nd ring.
    - I gave my IMEI number (they still had the old phone I was using years ago attached to my account)
    - The man was very nice and said his computers were slow, put me on hold for 15 seconds, then came back with the number.
    - He waited on the phone while I entered the code as posted above many places:
    -- get to a dial pad
    -- type *#*#<unlock code># Dial
    - The message immediately came up saying the SIM Lock had been removed from the phone.

Off to Australia I go!

you have pm
    please,anyone from USA,CANADA,NORTH AMERICA... can make this call for me?
    buffysnee seems to have quitted.

anyone who can help me,please send a pm.
    i will be VERY VERY grateful if someone can found my unlock code!

:')
    Sorry to bother you...
    I tried 10 times to unlock my treo (while on the phone with a Cingular rep) only to find out that he'd mistakanley transposed two digits of the 8-digit code so the # was wrong.
    I now, even with the correct unlock code, cannot unlock my phone. Is there anyway, short of sending the phone back to treo (b/c it's still under warranty), to use the correct unlock code?
    someone said recylcing the power (which i took to mean turn off and back on) works, but it hasn;t for me. I even hard reset the phone and it didn't work...
    ANy ideas? thx.
    you can respond (if you choose too) to rrmiv@hotpop.com
    thx again
    sigh..the simunlockcode@cingular.com tell me

For security and verification purposes, all requests for SIM unlock codes must be directed to our Customer Service Department which can be reached by calling 1-866-246-4852 or by dialing 611 on your handset.

Please do not reply to this email, this email address is not monitored

that's bad..anyone can help me to found this damn code? :'((
    IF IT DOES GET LOCKED (b/c i tried w/ the wrong code by mistake) how, with the correct unlock code (from cingular) do i unlock the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by rmillhis
    IF IT DOES GET LOCKED (b/c i tried w/ the wrong code by mistake) how, with the correct unlock code (from cingular) do i unlock the phone?
    from what i have readed,just enter it and the phone should be unlocked...
    try with some hard resets if it not work..
    hard reset it and still no dice ... don't know what to do
    maybe you can try www.unlockcellular.com

for 25$ they says can unlock ANY locked treo via driver and gsm-server..