1.    #1  
    I just picked up a Treo 650 but I didn't get a data plan because of the incredible amount they were charging for the unlimited plan.

My question is, if I get a small plan, like the 20GB plan, can I delete email or data once I start getting towards my limit? That way I'd never use all my storage space. Am I missing something? I just need to access corporate email and do some web surfing.

Thanks
    The 20MB refers to your data access (upload, download), not your email folder size.

Each time you access a web page you use up so many kilobytes. These add up to for billing. The best thing is to get unlimited service. This way you don't worry about watching your usage.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    I have a 19.99 unlimited data plan. I had it for my T600 and continue to have it for my MPx220.
    Nokia 6340i-->T600-->MPx220-->Imate SP5
    Cingular GSM, Northeast Georgia, USA
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Is this changeable every so often, like if you find you use too much/too little?

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    The 20MB refers to your data access (upload, download), not your email folder size.

Each time you access a web page you use up so many kilobytes. These add up to for billing. The best thing is to get unlimited service. This way you don't worry about watching your usage.
    The data plan pricing is way way way way out of whack. On top of it they have multiple data plans offerings.

$40/month "Laptop connect data plan" is 20MB/month.
    $40/month "PDA unlimited" is unlimited/month (this is not advertised, you have to ask for it)
    $40/month "Xpress Mail Personal Edition" is unlimited/month
    $20/month "Media Works Unlimited" is unlimited/month + SMS&MMS
    $25/month New Data Plans may start soon, is unlimited/month

Jump on Media Works because it may go away soon and be replaced with that $25 plan. Media Works will be converted to 3MB data limit on 2/11/05

Talk about confusing.
    Last edited by taylorh; 02/07/2005 at 11:48 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by exander
    I just picked up a Treo 650 but I didn't get a data plan because of the incredible amount they were charging for the unlimited plan.

My question is, if I get a small plan, like the 20GB plan, can I delete email or data once I start getting towards my limit? That way I'd never use all my storage space. Am I missing something? I just need to access corporate email and do some web surfing.

Thanks
    I know they still are selling Media Works for $19.95. Try calling and having it put on your phone. Don't tell them you have a 650, tell em you have oneof their other non-pda phones from the site, they probably won't check.
    Here's the latest. Take a look at this post and follow the link to Howard Forums. download the PDF brochures, those show the new data plans as of 2/11/05 including that Media Works is going to 3MB limit (from the current unlimited data.)
    Try to get Media Works for $20/month added before 2/11/05 so you can get the unlmited version, that's the best dea.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G