Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    CG...

Of further interest is that during the time that my phone was on and plugged with random, unaddressable digits in the voicemail number, it fixed ITSELF by replacing the bogus digits without me doing anything. No resets, no sim removal, no on and off...nothing.

Ideas? Theories?

pj
    my cingular phone which has been doing the "0000000000" shuffle since i got it last week mysteriously fixed itself today. i had programed a new favortie button and was using that. but today i was in the mall and saw a guy with an iq somewhere around 70 working at a kiosk. i thought i'd ask him about it (which goes a long way towards explaining my secret passion for getting into confrontational situations with people of limited intelect). but before i had a chance to bring it up i thought i'd check it first. BAMMM! it was suddenly programmed correctly. i soft reset it, i turned it off, i removed the battery. the proper # stuck. go figure.
    I had the resets as well but saw on the forum about going to the World Clock and under Settings turnign off Enable Local Time. Apparently when ever the phone cycles it sets the clock back 25 yrs or so then gets the real time an dit drives some of the S/W nuts.

Anyway I did that and no more resets
    I went to a Cingular company store today and they had gotten a bulletin about the VM issue. They gave me a 32k SIM and said that every store is being shipped extra 32s to cover the replacements. Works like a charm. It not only fixed the VM issue, but another bug I had, resets after dialing from the on-screen dial pad.

I asked what I was losing by going down to a 32k SIM. He said besides a little more room for phone #'s the 64 is designed to handoff to different towers and carriers better. He also said they should be getting in new, better 64s.

I've read elsewhere on TC that only 64s w/ serial#s ending in "G" were defective (as mine did).
    well, sorry, but I spoke too soon. this morning it was up to no good again. and worse, every time I answer an incoming call, it soft-resets. :crying
    Quote Originally Posted by warmseth
    well, sorry, but I spoke too soon. this morning it was up to no good again. and worse, every time I answer an incoming call, it soft-resets. :crying
    What SIM do you have? Firmware version?
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZBoater
    What SIM do you have? Firmware version?
    my sim ends in "g"

the pda garnet v.5.4.5
    the phone app is v1.0

sorry if that's not what you meant. i'm a newbie.
    my sim ends in "g"

the pda garnet v.5.4.5
    the phone app is v1.0

sorry if that's not what you meant. i'm a newbie.
    That's good stuff. Now, if in your phone app you hit the menu buttonm go to Options and select Phone Info, it will give you your firmware and software version. It will be something like:

Firmware: 1.04
    Software: Treo650-1.02-CNG
    Cingular Treo 650
    yup,

Firmware: 1.04
    Software: Treo650-1.02-CNG

is that the latest firmware?
    Seems to be. I wonder if those getting replacements are also getting the same rev. I am supposed to get a replacement soon, but Cingular is all out. There doesnt seem to be a store in Tampa with the Axalto SIMs, so I am in a bind until someone at Cingular does something.
    Cingular Treo 650
    yeah i called every cinguar store in my area and educated them all about the troubles we are having with the 64k "g" cards. not one store had ever heard of the axalto cards and none had any 32k cards left. wait and see i suppose
    my cingular phone which has been doing the "0000000000" shuffle since i got it last week mysteriously fixed itself today. i had programed a new favortie button and was using that. but today i was in the mall and saw a guy with an iq somewhere around 70 working at a kiosk. i thought i'd ask him about it (which goes a long way towards explaining my secret passion for getting into confrontational situations with people of limited intelect). but before i had a chance to bring it up i thought i'd check it first. BAMMM! it was suddenly programmed correctly. i soft reset it, i turned it off, i removed the battery. the proper # stuck. go figure.
    Note, PalmOne has acknowledged this problem in their Support section. See this link: http://forums.palmone.com/pe/action/...ExpertiseCode=

Seems like the most reasonable explanation is the 64k Sim card incompatibility (explained elsewhere on this thread.
    If any of you guys are in L.A., the Santa Monica store (7th & Wilshire) has 32k SIMs in stock.
    Sim Cards ending in "G" are causing the Voice Mail number jam up and soft resets at the start of some calls.

After hold times totaling over an hour and speaking with no less than 4 customer service people including the special "device driver" section, they admitted that a flood of sim cards ending in "G" were bad and helped me find a 64K non-G card to replace it at a local store.

Once replaced, the voice mail number jam went away and the soft resets went away - both were confirmed by the driver division to be the result of the bad batch of 64K sim cards.

Good luck to all in finding these sims.

(Now, if they'd crank up the speaker phone volume...)

pj
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrgr
    That 00000000000 thing with the voice mail has happened like 20 times for me also.. Mine also dialed some international numbers as well
    This is a know issue for Palm and Cingular. I'm having the same problem too. Have narrowed it down to the 64k cingular sim card that apparently corrupts the internal voicemail number on the 650. Sometimes it will also result in freezes or periodic, random reboots. Cingular/Palm don't yet have a solution for this. They are recommending that you swap out the 64k sim card (which allows you to get signals from both Cingular and ATT towers) for a 32k sim card that works only with Cingular towers. Apparently this solves the problem of the scrambled voicemail number and the endless reboots. None of my local Cingular stores have the 32k cards in stock but they are ordering and will test one out next week.

In the meantime, went to my Cingular store today and asked them to give me a new 64k sim card (no charge). They did this willingly. My 650 asked me to reset (turn off and on again) which I did, and the voicemail number was restored (can now get voicemails by pressing and holding 1). Not sure if replacing the 64k sim card will be a permanent fix but will keep you posted. If not, I'll install the 32k sim card and see what that does. Hope that helps.
    Where do you see the "G" on the sim? Is it on the front or the back (I only see numbers of the back? Can you give me a sense of what the number sequence should look like. Thanks.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    It's a "G" or an "A" on the circuit side and its the last digit. By the way Awill...you won't need to downscale to a 32K card. The 64 "A" simcard works perfectly. It's been determined by the Cingular Driver Section that some of the "G" Sims were defective. since I've changed cards, all of those problems disappeared.

pj
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456