Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Do the GSM and the CDMA version reset differently? I have been hard reseting mine (erasing all data along with it) by holding down the center button on the pad, removing the battery and replacing it - all while still holding the button down. Once the second Palm splash screen appears (the gray one) I let go and it asks me if I want to reset or something like that - push up to reset, and other button not to. Anyone else do it that way?

BTW - to who ever suggested it, there isn't really anything the store could do to set up your SIM wrong. They aren't hand programing that thing themselves or something.
    Treo 650 GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by calvins
    Glad to find this thread. My 650 is having the same issue. I can replace the voice number with the correct one, but if I turn off the phone then I get random numbers. They change with each reboot. I have a 64K sim from my 600. I switched to media works before I got the 650. the cingular tech had me use an eraser on the gold part of the sim. no help. stayed on the phone for another hour with two other techs. final statement was to go to the store for a new sims card. From the posts here I am thinking that will be a waste of time. I am however getting another message that says I may have a bad sims card error ox7004.
    Calvins - can you give a little more detail on that error? I have just started getting errors that are similar - several different ones though - and it all started last Thursday. I was trying with my IT guy at work to get my Treo setup with Goodlink to access company emaik at the time - with no succes. Also the site that covers my office is having a data problem too, so I am not sure what is causing the problems. I even get them when switching to the orange network. I only get the errors when trying to do data.
    Treo 650 GSM
    I am going to see my cigular rep. this morning. I will give a detailed update when I get back. I had one more crazy thing happen as well. I was trying to get my imap server connected with chatter. my it guy spent an hour and finally got it to work, except it won't send on a regular basis. I had it by my desk an hour later and looked over at it. it was reseting over and over again. the only way it would stop was a hard reset. that is when I removed all my software and just added chatter. hasn't happened since. but I still get randon resets. the voicemail problem has been happening since I came back from a trip to another area code? the only differance in my problem and others is when I turn the radio off it gives me a message that says my sims card may be damaged? I can get my correct voicemail number by performing the reset I posted ealier but If I turn the phone off again the random number appears in my voicemail again.
    just got back from the cingular store, new sims card 64K. I am still getting the "error bad sims card" when I turn the phone off and random numbers in my voicemail. The rep said he thinks it is a network issue. but as of now, I have not been given or determined on my own a solution for the problem.
    I have been having the problems for last 2 days... Have been on phone with cingular allday and they do not have a clue...I have been having 2 problems. Phone will reset itself when trying to answer the phone and voice mail will dial to random zeros. I am frusted more on the phone doing a reset when trying to answer a call. Currently I am stuck with this phone and not been able to receive calls. I thought I was the only one, but looks like so many have the same problem.....My replacement treo 650 has been ordered, but looks like that is not going to fix the problem
    I now agree this is a network issue. Small recap:
    I have two 650's, one from last week, one from 2 days ago. Last week one perfect all week. New one voicemail issue and constant resetting. Traded sims and both phones did voicemail thing. Hard reset at least 20 times. Fix, per my earlier post, it stayed til mid day next day. 2nd Treo still resetting non-stop. Went to Cingular store replace Treo replaced sim. Same thing with voicemail problem with both phones. Traded 3 more sims, same thing. But agents sim worked perfectly.

Guy said definity an issue with my account. I think it had to do with new account provisioning. I change all my accounts a little and I think somethis was screwed up.

Today, both phones perfect all day. Crossing my fingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    I now agree this is a network issue. Small recap:
    I have two 650's, one from last week, one from 2 days ago. Last week one perfect all week. New one voicemail issue and constant resetting. Traded sims and both phones did voicemail thing. Hard reset at least 20 times. Fix, per my earlier post, it stayed til mid day next day. 2nd Treo still resetting non-stop. Went to Cingular store replace Treo replaced sim. Same thing with voicemail problem with both phones. Traded 3 more sims, same thing. But agents sim worked perfectly.

Guy said definity an issue with my account. I think it had to do with new account provisioning. I change all my accounts a little and I think somethis was screwed up.

Today, both phones perfect all day. Crossing my fingers.
    I just read through this thread and have had all the same problems: wrong voicemail numbers (000..., #2#2#2..., 0067...) and the phone resets when making and/or answering calls. This is the first mention I've seen of "provisioning" though. I glanced at the screen in one of my many visits to the Cingular store and saw a note on my account about provisioning but couldn't see any details. Does anyone have any more info about this process? I have a new account with a ported number from Verizon.

Also, can you give any more details on "I change all my accounts a little and I think somethis was screwed up."
    is the resetting and voice mail number problems happening with just cingular branded 650's or has anyone with a ATT treo 650/unlocked palmone treo having the same problems?
    Update: My phone did it again. Treo 2 was fine. I called tech support, moved up a level to real tech support. Was on phone for 45 minutes. Guys was very nice and very respectful for all the experiments that I have tried. He changed my voicemail number and re-provisioned it. He sent number to my phone, I called it and it worked correctly. I am hoping he found a fix, he said he was going to send a memo to techs reporting the issue and the attempt at a fix. I will let you know.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Anyone having any problems connecting?
    Connected earlier...
  11.    #71  
    Just a quick note. Have my treo 650 worked flawlessly all day yesterday, tonight it started back up again with the whole voice mail issue and random dialing of numbers. also the phone soft resets itself when i am using docs to go.
    ok everyone. my phone began reseting itself and changing voice mail numbers. I have only the factory settings. I say my rep again and now my on sim2 and T2. reminds of the old days on the 600. I was one of the first to report the network searching battery issue and here I gp again. I am amazed at how a company can consistantly bring a defective product to market. I will call the tech guys and see if they can reprovision my phone. now my phone works but my voice mail number is blank after reboot.
    no the phone now with a tech lady. She is wanting for me to call palm one. I said that wouldn't help. She deactivated my sim and I got my voice mail number but it was the wrong one. I told her I could program the correct one myself. I did, but the number would dial and disconnect. She is calling the data group techs and will call me back.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    ah chalk me up as a reboot/phone off customer. do they actually test these things?
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    I don't know if it's me; it *seemed* like it reset a few times (Palm logo), but I never saw a hard crash like MemorMgr errors or anything like that; it's as if I possibly hit the Off button too long (?). Basically, I really don't know. No real crashes I guess, that I can discern. Oh well, they're shipping another one next week anyway. Sigh, damn reinstall/request-new-registration-numbers routine…
    Mine is acting better. My number is now showing in voice mail, no more reboots in the last hour. I am installing chatter mail again. If that works, I will starting added one program at a time. If it was the network problem, then hopefully it wont happen again. The rep did say they were working on towers and such. At least I got a new phone. I have scratched the back of mine before my holster came in.
    I seem to be afflicted with this issue as well. I just got my 650 yesterday. I put in my old sim card and all seemed fine. Then I noticed the vmail # was borked and then the phone started puking.
    I have tried two sim cards from my other phones both exhibit the same behavior. However, the sim that I got with the 650 SEEMS ok. I left it on overnight and have turned the phone on and off about a hundred times. It never seems to go wrong.
    I spoke to Cingular support today, they said they would reimburse me for a new sim card. Going to go pick it up in about an hour.
    Wish me luck. I think we just got cut by the edge...
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Voicemail number is fine-- but it's resetting like a mofo. sometimes the Palm, sometimes the phone only ('Phone Off' -- without 'Goodbye!' message!). Last night it must've powered itself off.

I don't really care, it's probably user error, because I have too many apps installed (was working fine Thursday), and I'm getting another one. This time I will install my apps one per one day. 12MB free, though. Hrm.
    Soooo....
    I just got off the phone with Cingular product support. They said "This is a known issue. You can try calling Treo tech support but you will probably need to just replace the item."
    Nice.
    What a crock.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    I just hard reset (this soon-to-be-going-away) first one to factory condition. Let's hope the second one doesn't have that voicemail issue (is it a SIM thing?)

OK, I was just checking Voicemail, and pressed the launcher buttons, BAM! reset. This is a totally reset Palm, not synced or anything. Hmmm. Let me remove the SD card (256MB SimpleTech, shows up as Panasonic)…

I should jot the serial number, JIC:

PTCG01V5H01A

This thing is borky bork.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast